Cruise Port in Oslo

Nieuw Statendam is docking in Oslo on August 4th

Does my attempt to accurately create a Google map from the port to Frogner Park look correct?

https://goo.gl/maps/5Xh2JtaY4YSGyefB8

I know Frogner Park is correct, I'm asking for the thread readers to confirm I've chosen the correct location our ship will dock.

Thanks!

Steve

https://goo.gl/maps/jkX6QKrnGUyXzVqS8

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Nieuw Statendam will dock at Filipstad 4th August.

IMG_4182.jpeg

This one?

https://goo.gl/maps/fMAAaiid2dLA8z117

I can't get Google Maps to show it.

Check out my attempt...

https://goo.gl/maps/fzgajnQMXjceWU6b7

The Color Line?

https://www.google.com/search?q=filipstad+cruise+terminal+oslo&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS936US936&oq=Filipstad+Cruise+&aqs=chrome.1.69i59j0i512j69i57j0i22i30l2j0i390i650l3.291112706j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on
How do you know "Filipstadkaia is correct?.....and thanks for your time 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ

6 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

The Color Line?

Have a look at the map I provided where the cruise ship pier is show . Color line (Oslo Kiel Ferry) is at the other side of that pier. 

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1

It looks like we are also docking at Filipstad on Aug 15 on the Disney Dream. We were hoping to go to the New Harbour area and Munch museum. Thinking that the cruise port was fairly close to the city, I had planned on walking. But looking at the maps now it seems that the area is 4 km away. What would be the best way to get to the city from the port? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Twilightstar18 said:

We were hoping to go to the New Harbour area and Munch museum.

It depends on what you consider the center to be. It is less than 1 km to the National Theater and 2.5 km to the Munch Museum - Filipstad brygge is next door to Aker Brygge. There is public transport - trams and buses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Twilightstar18 said:

It looks like we are also docking at Filipstad on Aug 15 on the Disney Dream. We were hoping to go to the New Harbour area and Munch museum. Thinking that the cruise port was fairly close to the city, I had planned on walking. But looking at the maps now it seems that the area is 4 km away. What would be the best way to get to the city from the port? Thanks!

The 81 bus runs from the Filipstad port to Bjørvika, the new waterfront area by the Munch museum. You can buy tickets and see departure times on the Ruter transit app. (Note that it skips the port during rush hour, so you for a few hours on weekdays you’d need to walk a few minutes to another stop.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kaisatsu said:

The 81 bus runs from the Filipstad port to Bjørvika, the new waterfront area by the Munch museum. You can buy tickets and see departure times on the Ruter transit app. (Note that it skips the port during rush hour, so you for a few hours on weekdays you’d need to walk a few minutes to another stop.)

I'm traveling with a senior and 2 kids. Is there anywhere else I can buy tickets around there or does the app allow you to buy for more than 1 person at a time. 

2.5 km would be okay for us to walk but it's nice to have an option to get there quicker and then gradually walk back. 

Thanks! 

32 minutes ago, Twilightstar18 said:

I'm traveling with a senior and 2 kids. Is there anywhere else I can buy tickets around there or does the app allow you to buy for more than 1 person at a time. 

2.5 km would be okay for us to walk but it's nice to have an option to get there quicker and then gradually walk back. 

Thanks! 

You can buy multiple tickets in the app. It defaults to one adult, but you can change that and choose what you need. Senior prices apply from age 67, and child prices for 6-17. (Edit: since you’re traveling before 21 Aug, the kids travel free with an adult due to the summer holiday period, so you don’t need to add tickets for them if they’re under 18.)

You don’t need to tick the option “Buy for others” if you just want to keep all the tickets on one phone, which is probably simplest.

image.thumb.jpeg.e97a0aad9ecf7088daccbbc3992dc875.jpeg

Edited by kaisatsu
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, kaisatsu said:

You can buy multiple tickets in the app. It defaults to one adult, but you can change that and choose what you need. Senior prices apply from age 67, and child prices for 6-17. (Edit: since you’re traveling before 21 Aug, the kids travel free with an adult due to the summer holiday period, so you don’t need to add tickets for them if they’re under 18.)

You don’t need to tick the option “Buy for others” if you just want to keep all the tickets on one phone, which is probably simplest.

Thank you!! Looking in the App Store, there are 2 apps that seem to allow you to buy tickets in Oslo Ruter- mobility in Oslo/Viken and the other is RuterBillett. Which one should I be using? 

On 7/22/2023 at 12:48 PM, Twilightstar18 said:

Thank you!! Looking in the App Store, there are 2 apps that seem to allow you to buy tickets in Oslo Ruter- mobility in Oslo/Viken and the other is RuterBillett. Which one should I be using? 

The first one (I think it used to just be called Ruter).

RuterBillett (literally Ruter ticket) is an older version that’s being phased out.

• Thanks 1