LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

16 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

More than rocking, slamming.

Your picture makes me even more thankful that our trip two weeks ago had great weather right up until we started to walk out of the terminal to meet our Lyft driver. Between walking down the gangway and through "customs" it had started to pour. Glad we had packed some rain gear in an outer pocket of the suitcase.

Yes, Gen Maldando was a great show, glad she is still showing up.

• Like 1

Finally home.😀. Our car wouldn’t start.  My husband went to get the car in the parking garage at the port and it wouldn’t start.  Dead.  No signs of life.  Mind you it’s a fairly new 2021 top of the line Subaru Outback.  We called roadside assistance and they thought at first it was the battery.  Nope wasn’t that.  They said maybe the key fob needed a new battery and so they gave us a jump and sent us on our way.  Got home and tried a new battery in the fob and also tried the spare fob.  Still dead.  So tomorrow morning they’ll tow my husband’s car to the dealership to investigate.  I like the old fashioned cars without all this electronic stuff.  Am I sounding like an old person?  Lol.

I think Fozzie Bear is happy we’re home or at least he’s happy he has his “water girl” back.  He has an obsession with the tub water.  He meows for me to turn it in and off so it will drip for a few minutes.  Crazy cat.

I’ll be back soon with some parting cruise thoughts.   Right now I must go grocery shopping.  Back to reality.image.png.ecf6b9a6ccc84ac9d5de979484dab423.pngIMG_0956.thumb.jpeg.7c680ee510a84831e4d1d829bd1e8d5e.jpegIMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.04a0379595b0496fe1da30e073b47f6a.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Happy days in a simpler time. I saw in one of the pictures a couple of kids...........how did they have a good time without waterslides, flowriders, zip lines, ice skating rinks etc.??????? I see that "X" kept the French onion soup bowls. How did you keep that feather hat on??????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Happy days in a simpler time. I saw in one of the pictures a couple of kids...........how did they have a good time without waterslides, flowriders, zip lines, ice skating rinks etc.??????? I see that "X" kept the French onion soup bowls. How did you keep that feather hat on??????

Yes, BETTER times I believe for all, including the youth minus the slides etc.

I think I remember all my “headdresses”  (as we called them) were held on by an elastic band that was “painted” the same color as my foundation and skin color.  “Tricks of the trade”😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Finally home.😀. Our car wouldn’t start.  My husband went to get the car in the parking garage at the port and it wouldn’t start.  Dead.  No signs of life.  Mind you it’s a fairly new 2021 top of the line Subaru Outback.  We called roadside assistance and they thought at first it was the battery.  Nope wasn’t that.  They said maybe the key fob needed a new battery and so they gave us a jump and sent us on our way.  Got home and tried a new battery in the fob and also tried the spare fob.  Still dead.  So tomorrow morning they’ll tow my husband’s car to the dealership to investigate.  I like the old fashioned cars without all this electronic stuff.  Am I sounding like an old person?  Lol.

I think Fozzie Bear is happy we’re home or at least he’s happy he has his “water girl” back.  He has an obsession with the tub water.  He meows for me to turn it in and off so it will drip for a few minutes.  Crazy cat.

I’ll be back soon with some parting cruise thoughts.   Right now I must go grocery shopping.  Back to reality.image.png.ecf6b9a6ccc84ac9d5de979484dab423.pngIMG_0956.thumb.jpeg.7c680ee510a84831e4d1d829bd1e8d5e.jpegIMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.04a0379595b0496fe1da30e073b47f6a.jpeg

My long ago cat was the same!  When we visited my parents, the faucet in the tub dripped.  He loved that.  When the super fixed it, he would go sit in the back of the tub and wait for someone to come make it drip.  When it started dripping again, the not so bright cat would still sit in the tub and wait for someone to come ‘turn it on’.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Haha 1

Our cats prefer the bathroom sinks. When we built our current house we put two sinks in our master bath, figuring we’d each have our own sink. It didn’t quite work out that way. Each of the two cats we had at the time claimed a sink as their own so when one of us would go it, both sinks were already in use! 😹😻😹 

We decided that we should have had three sinks installed, one for each cat and one for the two humans to share! 😂 Only one of our current cats drinks from the sinks and fortunately she doesn’t sleep there! 

I loved seeing your pictures from the X Meridian. I was never fortunate enough to cruise in those days so it was interesting to see your pictures showing the differences and similarities in cruising between then and now. 

Hope the problem with your husband’s car has been solved and is starting when you need it to. Glad you made it home safely.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and pictures!

• Like 1

Let me add my thanks for taking us along on your recent Bermuda trip. Loved all the pictures and stories you shared so we could travel along. You made it seem like we were onboard with you. Plus, your sense of humor is delightful. ( in addition to your sense of style😉) Wishing you many more peaceful and relaxing days ahead!

Mary Ann

• Thanks 1

Final thoughts:

“Happiness is based on ‘happenings’. You can have JOY in the midst of suffering because you are not alone.”  My therapist shared this with me yesterday and I thought it was fitting to share it with all of you since I was on an adventure to find peace.

Did I find it?  There were certainly ‘happenings’ and moments of “happiness”.  

Peace.  Yes, there were definitely moments of peace but not where I expected to find them.  It wasn’t in the food, the ship activities, the music or the shows.  It was found through the people I met and looking out at the majesty of the ocean, the natural beauty of Bermuda, the “smiling fish” at the aquarium, being with my family and all of this showed me that I’m not alone in this wonderful world.  We’re so small if you look at our place in this world yet this past week showed me that I’m still very much cared for and loved.  What I didn’t share in my posts was that I was also able to “pay it forward”, so to speak, and show some of that love to someone living in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean going through a truly terrible time.  That was the best hug ever.  

I used to live for my next cruise or vacation.  This cruise showed me to that I shouldn’t do that.  It’s truly the little things and the natural things and the people in our lives that matter most.  

EVERY day matters.  

IMG_0834.thumb.jpeg.d558890188d4f74952f9149451512d60.jpegAll we have is THIS moment.

As I continue on for as long as God wills I am forever changed by this past week and the journey that I was able to share with you.  I decided to do this “Live” because I had to keep in touch with the cat nanny and figured I’d get my money’s worth (lol) but it turned into so much more for me personally.  It was a week of self discovery and illumination.  

Thank you for coming along for the ride and I wish you all PEACE and true joy.❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Final thoughts:

“Happiness is based on ‘happenings’. You can have JOY in the midst of suffering because you are not alone.”  My therapist shared this with me yesterday and I thought it was fitting to share it with all of you since I was on an adventure to find peace.

Did I find it?  There were certainly ‘happenings’ and moments of “happiness”.  

Peace.  Yes, there were definitely moments of peace but not where I expected to find them.  It wasn’t in the food, the ship activities, the music or the shows.  It was found through the people I met and looking out at the majesty of the ocean, the natural beauty of Bermuda, the “smiling fish” at the aquarium, being with my family and all of this showed me that I’m not alone in this wonderful world.  We’re so small if you look at our place in this world yet this past week showed me that I’m still very much cared for and loved.  What I didn’t share in my posts was that I was also able to “pay it forward”, so to speak, and show some of that love to someone living in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean going through a truly terrible time.  That was the best hug ever.  

I used to live for my next cruise or vacation.  This cruise showed me to that I shouldn’t do that.  It’s truly the little things and the natural things and the people in our lives that matter most.  

EVERY day matters.  

IMG_0834.thumb.jpeg.d558890188d4f74952f9149451512d60.jpegAll we have is THIS moment.

As I continue on for as long as God wills I am forever changed by this past week and the journey that I was able to share with you.  I decided to do this “Live” because I had to keep in touch with the cat nanny and figured I’d get my money’s worth (lol) but it turned into so much more for me personally.  It was a week of self discovery and illumination.  

Thank you for coming along for the ride and I wish you all PEACE and true joy.❤️

Well said. Thanks again for sharing your cruise adventure with us! 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 10:08 AM, Arzeena said:

Welcome home!
It was fun reading your excellent trip report. The pictures are great! It all ends so fast!
Where to next? I am looking forward to your pictorial.

Toying with a 10 day January NCL cruise on the Norwegian Getaway to the Caribbean.  It would be a lovely escape from our cold, snowy NE winter.  We’ll see…

• Like 3

On 7/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

So I wasn’t going to post this picture because I look a wreck and was crying but I’m trying to keep it real.  There may be many people reading this that have been through a lot of trauma in their life like me. I  believe Phelesia was sent to me as an Angel this morning.  I wasn’t even sharing anything particularly detailed about my past but she shared with me that we must experience the emotions of our past traumas in order to move on.  Don’t hold it in she said!  “Tell Him you can’t handle it and need His help.”  I started to cry after not being able to cry for a long time.  I’m feeling a strange new feeling right now.  Peace.  God bless you Phelesia.

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

I quoted your post above but failed to post.  Apologies.

I wanted to share that I just disembarked the Summit today and had followed your live review through all your posts.  Your post about Pheliesia was so moving that I wanted to find her and share how much she meant to you two weeks ago.

Long story short....I saw her several times in the buffet but then she disappeared.  I shared my goal with my amazing bar server and he went and got her!!!  But....I couldn't show her your post as the internet was glitchy.   Fast forward, we found out she was in the MDR so we went there to again try and tell/show her the impact she had.  While waiting for the hostess to find her (she loves Pheliesia as well!) we were able to share how important she is to you with TWO of her managers !!   🙂

We got to talk to her and she remembered you and was very, very moved by your sentiments.

I told her....."you matter".

Thank you for posting this very important event in your week.  So inspiring and like a pebble in a pond.  At least 7 people I either travelled with or interacted with as staff were very moved.

Take care!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tymike said:

I quoted your post above but failed to post.  Apologies.

I wanted to share that I just disembarked the Summit today and had followed your live review through all your posts.  Your post about Pheliesia was so moving that I wanted to find her and share how much she meant to you two weeks ago.

Long story short....I saw her several times in the buffet but then she disappeared.  I shared my goal with my amazing bar server and he went and got her!!!  But....I couldn't show her your post as the internet was glitchy.   Fast forward, we found out she was in the MDR so we went there to again try and tell/show her the impact she had.  While waiting for the hostess to find her (she loves Pheliesia as well!) we were able to share how important she is to you with TWO of her managers !!   🙂

We got to talk to her and she remembered you and was very, very moved by your sentiments.

I told her....."you matter".

Thank you for posting this very important event in your week.  So inspiring and like a pebble in a pond.  At least 7 people I either travelled with or interacted with as staff were very moved.

Take care!  

Thank you❤️

• Like 1