What's the best way to find these travel agencies that offer included perks for the non-included price?

Stockjock

I do understand that we are not supposed to name travel agencies, so obviously I won't do that.  But I've seen several mention that they use travel agencies that provide cabins that are refundable and include drink packages and such for the same price, or less, than Celebrity offers the same cruise on a non-refundable basis and without the drinks, wi-fi and such.

So without violating the rules here, what's the best way to find these travel agencies?  I've mostly booked on my own, but I've used several travel agencies, both large and smaller, and I haven't seen any offers such as what has been described.  TIA.

• Like 1

Most of us if allowed could refer a name or two…so my suggestion is to keep getting referrals from people. When meeting people on board, ask how they book, ask your friends and family who they use.

Once you find someone that cares about giving you a good experience as well as good value, you will know it.

My particular agent from a larger company offers that with her group cruises .We find we get the best bang for our buck booking those as well booking as early as possible.

good luck

Brockmom

Yep all TA group rates include the drinks, Wi-Fi, tips. Plus you get any additional OBC promo that Celebrity might be running at the time on their website.  In addition, the TA group rate almost always will have additional perks of its own such as additional OBC, sometimes free shore excursion, etc.  

Lastly, TA group rates are REFUNDABLE deposit rates, which makes them very attractive. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yep all TA group rates include the drinks, Wi-Fi, tips. Plus you get any additional OBC promo that Celebrity might be running at the time on their website.  In addition, the TA group rate almost always will have additional perks of its own such as additional OBC, sometimes free shore excursion, etc.  

Lastly, TA group rates are REFUNDABLE deposit rates, which makes them very attractive. 

That's my experience as well. Will give an example of a specific Celebrity cruise to South America in December 2024. On the Celebrity site today, the cruise-only refundable fare for a prime veranda is $8067 (CAD). The refundable All-Included fare is $11,427 (CAD). I received a quote for a refundable group rate (with AI) with some additional OBC from a well-known TA for $7026 (CAD). Would note that the TA group rate savings aren't available for all sailings or for all staterooms but the savings can be significant if you shop around and have some flexibility.

• Like 3

Call large agencies and ask if they have group rates for your ship/sail date.  Group rates are refundable deposit and include the drink pkg, wifi, and prepaid gratuities.  If you are sailing within 3 months, you will not find any available group rates.

• Like 2

Now here's another question.  In terms of included drinks, wi-fi and such, perhaps also including cheaper refundable rates that would usually be non-refundable, do other cruise lines do this as well? 

I'm not talking about a standard all-inclusive rate, but rather, a group rate offered by a travel agency that includes perks that you'd normally pay for?  I did get a pretty good rate from one travel agency on a short RCCL sailing, but it did not include any perks or extras.

Edited by Stockjock

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Now here's another question.  In terms of included drinks, wi-fi and such, perhaps also including cheaper refundable rates that would usually be non-refundable, do other cruise lines do this as well? 

I'm not talking about a standard all-inclusive rate, but rather, a group rate offered by a travel agency that includes perks that you'd normally pay for?  I did get a pretty good rate from one travel agency on a short RCCL sailing, but it did not include any perks or extras.

Short answer….yes. Almost all of them do. Although Celebrity’s program is one of the best IMO. This article is overly vague but it sort of explains how it works in general terms. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/secret-agent-deals-how-to-find-prices-cruise-lines-dont-offer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I keep reading this from you and others on this thread but have yet to find it.  I guess I need to look harder.  But FYI, not all TA group rates include the drinks, wi-fi, tips, etc..  I recently booked a group rate with a TA and while the cabin price was less it definitely did NOT include those things, nor did it include a refundable deposit.  As Zenith I already get premium liquor and wi-fi so that is not a deal breaker for me but not all TA group rates include everything mentioned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I keep reading this from you and others on this thread but have yet to find it. 

My TA has group rates as well.  I think these folks are getting an AI or drink package included in their price and not really realizing there are various pricing tiers is my guess. 

20 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

My TA has group rates as well.  I think these folks are getting an AI or drink package included in their price and not really realizing there are various pricing tiers is my guess. 

They aren’t confused. You can tell by your rate outlined on your invoice. There aren’t ‘various tiers’. You either get Celebrity’s price by booking directly or you get a group rate the TA has secured. You can call around any decent volume agent and they can steer you in the right direction. 

Numerous posts had to be removed due to containing hints for sources of cruise purchase. And then posts containing quotes of the removed posts had to be removed too. Now the thread looks like a piece of Swiss cheese, so it has been closed.

Please remember the following from the Travel Agent Recommendations section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant"
(or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

• Thanks 2