How can they improve the Yacht Club?

sverigecruiser

How about letting people keep the cabins they booked a year in advance? One week out from Meraviglia sailing, first time in the Yacht Club and they send new documents with a  totally different cabin number. Called in, sorry reassignment of cabins. Yours is no longer available. Pick a different one. Happened to several people on my sailing. Not a great way to start out in the Yacht Club. 

• Like 2

YC is top notch. It's the best of the best when it comes to the suite experience IMHO compared to Haven, Retreat, etc with everything that's included.

The main thing that needs to be improved is the YC area of Ocean Cay. If they are pushing and developing that island with all (maybe almost all, but I think all) Caribbean sailings stopping there, they need to improve it. More shuttles, sandier beach (not as rocky), better food. We typically go there for lunch but hang out elsewhere, as the beach hurts and it's on the roughest side of the island ocean-wise. Not sure if they are updating that area during the closure, but it would be nice!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

1. More 2 bedroom and/or 2 bathroom options for the larger suites. 

2. Better dining options for the larger suites (either inside or on the balcony) including lunch/dinner.

3. Bring the cabanas back and lose the pergolas. 

4. More live piano/violin for the TSL. 

5. A block of specialty restaurant reservations set aside exclusively for Yacht Club guests.

6. Larger Yacht Club pool(s).

7. Improved elevator hijack. 

8. Larger Ocean Cay area (commandeer part of Bimini beach).

9. Better enforcement of Yacht Club areas (interloper prevention). 

10. Exclusive excursions. 

I like most of your suggestions, especially since they don't really cost much.

Number 1 I don't like because that may lead to more people in the YC.

Edited by sverigecruiser
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I've never really had a problem with kids in the YC. They've all been well behaved.

Have I just been lucky?

I don't think that you have just been lucky. I think the main reason is that there are so few big suites in the YC so normally there are very few children.

NCLs Haven has many more big suites so problems with kids is more likely there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

YC is top notch. It's the best of the best when it comes to the suite experience IMHO compared to Haven, Retreat, etc with everything that's included.

The main thing that needs to be improved is the YC area of Ocean Cay. If they are pushing and developing that island with all (maybe almost all, but I think all) Caribbean sailings stopping there, they need to improve it. More shuttles, sandier beach (not as rocky), better food. We typically go there for lunch but hang out elsewhere, as the beach hurts and it's on the roughest side of the island ocean-wise. Not sure if they are updating that area during the closure, but it would be nice!

Ocean Cay YC beach is "the worst".  As to the food, I'm not a lobster eater....I don't remember what I ate there, but I wasn't thrilled.  The menu was very limited; they should add a few things.  I don't recall chinken on the menu. 

Maybe a dedicated YC shuttle that stops at other beaches (could have been there and I didn't notice it).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Ok, other than for those shade and umbrellas request, which MSC really would need to address for the next installments, once those are relatively frequent queries, I can't realistically see what else they can improve now on the YC front. Bear in mind that port conditions is out of MSC's realistic reach, kids and family is MSC's primary market target and the other modifications have to do mostly with the way society is evolving and MSC won't go out of it, for not being out of market.

So now, and going sort of out of topic: If one asked me if there was a strong place in the market for an adults only top mainstream to baseline premium classic market target (think between NCL and Princess), I'd answer him that yes there was!... And there will be till the market is ready to address that market niche, other than for current "woke" Virgin Voyages! MSC financially would be the unique candidate ready for it... But their top leaders aren't minimally interested on that. Bambini for the Italians are the joy of the world and the salt of life! They won't remove them even from Explora Journeys, unless there is a hard call from their regulars in the next future to come!... So; for the ones whom want full adult at a relatively affordable way, my recommendation would be: Bear the woke activities of Virgin and give them a try!...

What does that even mean? Woke activities?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riredsox said:

What does that even mean? Woke activities?  

Yes, to an extent. And some woke decoration as well... Nothing against that, I can be considered a woke individual if that matters, at least to an extent, but cruising should remain being neutral to those societal developments. First of all: If you want families aboard, you'd want activities appropriate for all ages. If you want exclusivity, you'd think on providing for the more mature crowd of the ones now aged 45+ whom are generally far from woke. Woke activities will need to await. Fortunately Virgin is doing it the subtle way, but it is there, hence adults only which I wholly agree. But, JIMHO, there is a place for a more mature minded adults only cruising on mainstream/premium experience. I believe some full adult out of season sailings would be a tremendous success, bypassing the fluctuation price schemes usually observed elsewhere... But nobody will risk it on current circumstances...

22 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

More 2 bedroom and/or 2 bathroom options for the larger suites. 

Echo this. We booked a duplex as it was the only 2 bathroom option - there wasn't a 2 bedroom + 2 bathroom option in YC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Maybe try Viking.

Yeah! I forgot them, thanks! Happens that they don't sell here for my Portuguese market. You know... It's like if they didn't exist!... But as far as I can understand they happen to be a great product for their price tag!... Such a global Viking lite would be great to have at the 2k-3k passengers segment!

3 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Yes, to an extent. And some woke decoration as well... Nothing against that, I can be considered a woke individual if that matters, at least to an extent, but cruising should remain being neutral to those societal developments. First of all: If you want families aboard, you'd want activities appropriate for all ages. If you want exclusivity, you'd think on providing for the more mature crowd of the ones now aged 45+ whom are generally far from woke. Woke activities will need to await. Fortunately Virgin is doing it the subtle way, but it is there, hence adults only which I wholly agree. But, JIMHO, there is a place for a more mature minded adults only cruising on mainstream/premium experience. I believe some full adult out of season sailings would be a tremendous success, bypassing the fluctuation price schemes usually observed elsewhere... But nobody will risk it on current circumstances...

What is an example of a woke activity? Lol, I'm kind of curious too what you mean by this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

What's a "woke" activity and a "woke" decoration on a cruise ship?  I'm aged 45+.  Give me your definition of "woke" so I can see if I''m far from it, just a little bit distant, or maybe right on the button. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

What is an example of a woke activity? Lol, I'm kind of curious too what you mean by this.

Well... You know... Those activities they've promoted with a sex therapist onboard, and the likes. Some subliminar music, and some, JIMHO, somewhat sexualized decorations elsewhere, including the general Virgin's color pallette. Not my cup of tea, really, but as I said: Nothing against!...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Well... You know... Those activities they've promoted with a sex therapist onboard, and the likes. Some subliminar music, and some, JIMHO, somewhat sexualized decorations elsewhere, including the general Virgin's color pallette. Not my cup of tea, really, but as I said: Nothing against!...

Gotcha...I wouldn't call that woke, but I understand what you're saying and *think* I agree. I say think because I haven't really seen that, but if I did would prob agree 😀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

@Nunagoras Sex therapist? Huh. Would definitely be more exciting than bingo (or perhaps less exciting...depends on the lecturer I suppose). 

If you like vloggers, Ben and David have a whole series on Virgin Voyages, but on their first episode they opened their welcome package which contained a "Virgin Branded Vibrator" 🫢 Well then...talk about setting the tone for their cruise!!!

Warmest, Amy

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Stop using 'woke' as a slight.  It's not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

When did you sail with VV again?

8 hours ago, benjaminnicholas said:

When did you sail with VV again?

Never did. Seen some photos and videos. Not for me. And, believe me: While, if I were an American, I would be a blue voter, at the same time, I wish those even if subliminar or remote sex related things should be OUT of cruising for the good of us all!... It may not be woke on the eyes of some... But, I'm becoming tired of this proselytism now rounding on such matters. Enjoy your VV sailings though. As I say. Nothing against, but not for me!...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

That's not woke at all.  I don't want this to be a cancelled thread because of politics so I suggest people just look up definition on their own.  It just sounds like more adult themed activities which shouldn't shock the people who grew up in the 70s and 80s before AIDS scared everyone from not being monogamous.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1