Anyone have a ballpark "taxes, fees and port expenses" for 3 night Sky out of Miami?

SAmome

12 minutes ago, SAmome said:

I'm just realizing that you can't find it in a mock booking without entering all of the info.

I think once you sign up on NCL's web site you can sort of flip through all the sailings you're looking at and the different cabins you are looking at and get the exact amount for all of that.

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I think once you sign up on NCL's web site you can sort of flip through all the sailings you're looking at and the different cabins you are looking at and get the exact amount for all of that.

Thanks, logged in and filled out what needed to ---  239.18 per person in case anyone interested.  It's loco.  3 night early May sailing in older ship in cheapest inside cabin they have on deck 6 and its $1431 out the door for 2pax.  Even with the drink package included I just can't justify it.  Would much rather to RCCL nicer ship to Coco Cay for less money and bring on 2 bottles of wine for free.  I think NCL is probably a better value on longer cruises.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 12:27 PM, SAmome said:

Thanks, logged in and filled out what needed to ---  239.18 per person in case anyone interested.  It's loco.  3 night early May sailing in older ship in cheapest inside cabin they have on deck 6 and its $1431 out the door for 2pax.  Even with the drink package included I just can't justify it.  Would much rather to RCCL nicer ship to Coco Cay for less money and bring on 2 bottles of wine for free.  I think NCL is probably a better value on longer cruises.

Yikes! Does that at least include airfare? Must be an extremely popular time of year to cruise at those prices. I will say that the characterization of the Sky as an "older" ship is a bit disingenuous. The ship was built in 2004, that's true. HOWEVER: it was completely refurbished in 2019, including the staterooms, bars, lounges, and restaurants. That's like saying your 1950's house that you completely gutted and renovated is "old." Yes, but..... 😉 Even so, I agree with OP that $239 pp for port taxes is ridiculous. We're booked on MSC for Jan '24 for a similar itinerary and paying the same amount in the Yacht Club for 4 days as OP is for 3 in a regular inside. And our port taxes are only $110 pp.

Edited by DCGuy64

59 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

When you do a general search the port taxes are listed in very small print at the bottom.  I noticed the bigger the ship the higher the taxes.  Makes sense.

8A6AD2D3-AAEF-493E-BA81-E3F94FE50BF7.jpeg

Thanks so much for pointing this out! It’s so annoying that they stopped making it easy to see the taxes and fees when doing a mock booking. Not only did NCL decide to observe truth in advertising by including taxes, fees, and port expenses in fine print, but they decided to do it in grey type on a grey background!

Edited by Candy Apple 12
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2023 at 10:06 PM, Pitzel said:

Port fees and taxes of almost $500 for a 3 night cruise?!?

For two people it is about $220 per person. It is a lot. Probably due to Key West. Key West has tried to limit the number of cruise passengers so this may be a factor in the higher fees? But, if you tried to stay in a hotel in Key West and add in food and drinks, the cruise price does not seem so bad.

image.thumb.png.e398901abe517f86b8f866035e52adcf.png

Thanks for that tip on finding taxes and fees, it goes up by $2pp after log in but it's a good way to find it without logging in.  I guess I'm just surprised this part of cruising is so different from line to line.  RCCL same weekend on Freedom (bigger/newer ship although I might have thought "tax" type fees not related to that) going to Nassau (same) and to Coco Cay instead of GSC costs about 1/2.  

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yikes! Does that at least include airfare? Must be an extremely popular time of year to cruise at those prices. I will say that the characterization of the Sky as an "older" ship is a bit disingenuous. The ship was built in 2004, that's true. HOWEVER: it was completely refurbished in 2019, including the staterooms, bars, lounges, and restaurants. That's like saying your 1950's house that you completely gutted and renovated is "old." Yes, but..... 😉 Even so, I agree with OP that $239 pp for port taxes is ridiculous. We're booked on MSC for Jan '24 for a similar itinerary and paying the same amount in the Yacht Club for 4 days as OP is for 3 in a regular inside. And our port taxes are only $110 pp.

It's just early May which with kids in school thought might be better than summer.  No airfare lol.  I was trying to find a way to use up cruisenext certificates but even giving friends the perk part (1/2 value) it wasn't a good value. With 20pppd gratuities would be 1551 for 2 pax.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

When you do a general search the port taxes are listed in very small print at the bottom.  I noticed the bigger the ship the higher the taxes.  Makes sense.

8A6AD2D3-AAEF-493E-BA81-E3F94FE50BF7.jpeg

Thank you so much for posting this!   Every morning while I price check the cruises we have booked, I grumble to myself about all of the extra steps I have to take each time just to get a complete price.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Thanks so much for pointing this out! It’s so annoying that they stopped making it easy to see the taxes and fees when doing a mock booking. Not only did NCL decide to observe truth in advertising by including taxes, fees, and port expenses in fine print, but they decided to do it in grey type on a grey background!

Actually, using @laudergayle example, just hit "dates and prices", pick your cabin category and the taxes, fees, etc should show as a line item.  But, NCL's WEB site has been wonky, at best, the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you so much for posting this!   Every morning while I price check the cruises we have booked, I grumble to myself about all of the extra steps I have to take each time just to get a complete price.

Oh, you mean you don't like NCL's streamlined website that eliminates those pesky extra fees for your convenience? LOL 😁

• 5 months later...

This is annoying me but I did notice this too that you can't see taxes and port fees until you are nearly fully checked out. Used to be shown up front. They ARE in tiny print under a summary of the cruise. NCL is trying to hide these like Ticketmaster used to.  I just got back from a Mexican Riveria cruise with them and too many annoyances are driving me away. Viking is our next cruise, and other lines await. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tombli said:

and too many annoyances are driving me away.

Fine, go sail Royal Caribbean, you won't know what the drink package costs for your cruise until you're booked.  The drink package is a different price depending on ship and itinerary.  Oh, so are the activities at their private island - a cabana could be $200 on one cruise but $400 on another...

This is annoying me but I did notice this too that you can't see taxes and port fees until you are nearly fully checked out. Used to be shown up front. They ARE in tiny print under a summary of the cruise. NCL is trying to hide these like Ticketmaster used to.  I just got back from a Mexican Riveria cruise with them and too many annoyances are driving me away. Viking is our next cruise, and other lines await. 

No, they're not hiding anything.  The taxes, fees, etc. are clearly shown once you've selected a ship/date/cabin.

Seriously?  There is no “fine print”. Taxes and fees are presented in a logical location where the vast majority of people would “understand” and “expect” them.

When you buy  pillow on Amazon, do they present the taxes before the price of the item? It would confuse the average American to present thing in a different order. 

Please enjoy Viking.