Free at Sea on ncl for solos?

latebuyer

In my past experience, the Free at Sea is per person.  So you get the 2 specialty dinners and whatever the minutes are for one person - you don't get double.   I've only done 2 solo on NCL so I could be mistaken.

54 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, i found this article and it sounds like solo guests only get 1 meal now

https://eatsleepcruise.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-norwegian-cruise-lines-free-at-sea/

It sounds like internet is per person so i believe you’d get 150 minutes but i’m not sure

its nice the airfare is 50% off

the number of meals is based on the cabin type and number of nights of the cruise.  It doesn't matter if you are solo or not.  If you book a solo cabin, inside, or OV, you get 1 meal on a 7 night cruise.  But if you booked a balcony on the same cruise, you'd get two meals, even as a solo

Thanks i was just trying to clarify with the link which i believe is accurate. I’m booking a studio but thats good to know i’d get more if booked a different type if indeed that is what it is as a lot of confusion on this thread.

Edited by latebuyer

On 7/24/2023 at 8:25 PM, dbrown84 said:

the number of meals is based on the cabin type and number of nights of the cruise.  It doesn't matter if you are solo or not.  If you book a solo cabin, inside, or OV, you get 1 meal on a 7 night cruise.  But if you booked a balcony on the same cruise, you'd get two meals, even as a solo

The specialty restaurants are part of the platinum Loyalty.Nothing to do with Free at sea.

• 2 weeks later...

One advantage of being solo on NCL with the Free at Sea is that the $50/shore excursion credit is all mine!  I'm on a 7-night in an Interior Guarantee, and get:

1 free specialty dinner

150 minutes Internet

$50 Shore Excursion credit per port

If there were two people in the cabin, only passenger #1 would get the $50 credit

I declined the beverage package portion of the FAS

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks for the reply. Wow! You get 50.00 shore excursion per port? I thought it was 50.00 total. Maybe it is different for a studio room.

I'm on Jewel, which (I think) doesn't have studio rooms; however, I think you may be right.  

16 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks for the reply. Wow! You get 50.00 shore excursion per port? I thought it was 50.00 total. Maybe it is different for a studio room.

I couldn’t believe it either but on Gem I’m getting 50.00 per port and I’m guaranteed not even FAS. Makes the excursions I choose incredibly affordable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 1:37 AM, latebuyer said:

Nope, not different for a studio.  I'm booked in a studio traveling the Med and have used many $50 credits for my port intensive cruise.  It's a nice perk as some of the excursions can be quite costly. 

NCL does a great job treating solo travelers well.  Even their multiple person sales, second passenger 70% off, BOGO airfare, etc. have an equal solo deal in the fine print, 35% off, 50% airfare.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know whether the Shore Excursion credit is doubled for solo travelers who upgrade to Free at Sea Plus? The benefit of that upgrade as far as the Shore Excursions is concerned is that the 2nd person in the cabin also gets a $50 credit. It seems logical to me that a solo cruiser would then get both since paying for the whole cabin and no 2nd guest. But it also seems unreasonable to expect that and it might just be a waste of money. I want more of an internet and beverage package than Free at Sea gives, but upgrading those a la carte is much more expensive than the whole Free at Sea Plus. 

9 hours ago, MadameCor said:

Does anyone know whether the Shore Excursion credit is doubled for solo travelers who upgrade to Free at Sea Plus? The benefit of that upgrade as far as the Shore Excursions is concerned is that the 2nd person in the cabin also gets a $50 credit. It seems logical to me that a solo cruiser would then get both since paying for the whole cabin and no 2nd guest. But it also seems unreasonable to expect that and it might just be a waste of money. I want more of an internet and beverage package than Free at Sea gives, but upgrading those a la carte is much more expensive than the whole Free at Sea Plus. 

I leave in 2 days for a 15 night Panama Canal.  My sister and I each booked a balcony and though it may seem logical to you that they would double the excursion credit, they do not.

2 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I leave in 2 days for a 15 night Panama Canal.  My sister and I each booked a balcony and though it may seem logical to you that they would double the excursion credit, they do not.

Thanks for confirming, Ellaleah. Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 8:37 PM, MadameCor said:

Does anyone know whether the Shore Excursion credit is doubled for solo travelers who upgrade to Free at Sea Plus?

It's covered in the literature regarding FAS+ - solo cruisers pay a slightly discounted rate for the upgrade to account for the reduced perk.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Free_at_Sea_Plus_ver011823.pdf

On 12/11/2023 at 2:42 PM, hallux said:

It's covered in the literature regarding FAS+ - solo cruisers pay a slightly discounted rate for the upgrade to account for the reduced perk.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Free_at_Sea_Plus_ver011823.pdf

Thanks for pointing this out! I recognize the table from when I set up a different cruise a while ago but totally forgot this info existed!

I recently booked my first solo cruise in one of the studio cabins.  My FAS includes one meal and only 75 minutes of internet.  But, my cruise is also only 5 days.  I’m not sure if the 75 minutes of internet is standard for a studio or if you get the full 150 minutes for a 7+ day cruise.  I’m not paying for internet so I was disappointed that I’m only getting the 75 minutes.

58 minutes ago, stinkyharriet said:

I recently booked my first solo cruise in one of the studio cabins.  My FAS includes one meal and only 75 minutes of internet.  But, my cruise is also only 5 days.  I’m not sure if the 75 minutes of internet is standard for a studio or if you get the full 150 minutes for a 7+ day cruise.  I’m not paying for internet so I was disappointed that I’m only getting the 75 minutes.

150 minutes for 7 days. 

You can use the 75 minutes to upgrade to a daily plan. I don't know how much credit off hte top of my head but it's been disucssed on these boards.