Tokyo Transfers

donaldsc

I am looking for 3 cruise transfers.  

1) Haneda to Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuko;

2) Keio to Yokohama course port for start of cruise

3) Yokohama cruise port to Narita at the end of the cruise.

My TA has come up w a bad option.  Private transfer  from Haneda to the Keio Plaza for $139.  Private transfer from the hotel to Yokohama for $169.  Also the suggestion that I take the Princess transfer from  Yokohama to Narita at $180 which includes a tour that I don't want.

I know that there are public transport options available but I do not want to have to drag suitcases around Tokyo at the end of a long flight.  The Keio recommends that we use a company called Airport Limousine  Bus Service which appears to do pickup at the airport and drops off directly in front of the hotel. The cost is only 1300 Y which is about $10 USD.  Is this a good idea?  Are there other options?

As far as a hotel to Yokohama transfer I am going to contact the hotel.  I am willing to take a shared ride service but I do not want to trapse all over Tokyo to get to the ride pickup service.  Ideally I would be picked up at the hotel but I would be willing to take a taxi from the hotel to the ride pickup location if necessary.  Again any other suggestions would be helpful.  

Same questions with regard to getting from Yokohama to Narita.  Are there shared ride options.  I do know that there is a very inexpensive bus transfers from Yokohama to the airport but I have to get to the bus terminal.  I would be willing to take a taxi from the cruise port to the bus terminal and get the airport bus there.  Any other idea?

Thanks for the help.

DON

1) Haneda to Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku

Limousine bus direct to hotel (about US$25 p.p.)

Taxi direct to hotel (about US$75)

Monorail to Daimon Station (about US$3) Then Toei-Oedo subway to Shinjuku            (about US$1).

2) Keio to Yokohama cruise port for start of cruise

Narita Express Train from Shinjuku to Yokohama Station (about US$10) Then             taxi to Osanbashi Terminal (about US$10)

3) Yokohama cruise port to Narita at the end of the cruise.

Limousine bus direct to Narita (about US$ 40 p.p.)

Taxi to Yokohama Station (about US$10) Then Narita Express direct to Narita               (about US$30 p.p.

Edited by BruceMuzz
  • Like 1

We've got ALMOST the same situation as the OP...We're cruising on the Millennium March 28-April 21...Also arriving at Haneda...and also staying at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku.  But, at the end of our B2B cruises, we are departing from Haneda.

I took a look at that limousine bus link...and, indeed, it says ¥1,300 pp for the ride from Haneda to the Keio Plaza--at present, less than $10 each...So, it clearly beats the price of a taxi.  Questions, though--

1)  Do we need to pre-book and pre-pay (appears so from the website)?

2)  If so, it looks like one has to pick a time--but, of course, the concern is a) we don't know if flight will be on time, b) we don't know how long it might take to retrieve our luggage and c) we don't know how long it will take to clear passport control/immigration...So, how difficult is it to deal with changes in schedule?

3)  The video showed luggage racks above the seats--which, obviously, will not work for the large 50 lb/23 kg suitcases we will be traveling with.  Is there also "under the bus" luggage storage available?

4)  Is it easy to find the bus from baggage claim at Haneda?

For our trip from the Keio Plaza to the ship in Yokohama, there will be four of us (another couple is joining us for the first leg of the B2B only but arriving Haneda a different day), what is the best way to get four people plus lots of luggage from the Keio Plaza to the cruise port?

For our return, we have a tour that will get us from the ship to Haneda...

Also, is Uber a "thing" in Tokyo as an alternative to taxi?

What is the custom of tipping taxi drivers/bus drivers in Japan?

Thanks...

Limousine Bus Seats can be booked at the desk in the arrivals hall as you exit the Baggage Claim. 

There is plenty of space under the bus. That is where the driver will place your suitcases.

The easiest way for 4 people with many bags to get from Shinjuku to Osanbashi Terminal in Yokohama would be a large taxi or van, but it might be a bit pricey.

Another convenient way is to use Narita Express Train from Shinjuku Station to Yokohama Station. This might require a short taxi ride from Keio Plaza to Shinjuku Station and another short taxi ride from Yokohama Station to Osanbashi Terminal.

We have used the limousine bus previously and it worked very well, will use it again in October and we are also booked at the Keio Plaza.

We just paid with a CC and we were good to go.

Another tip I have and this is not compulsory but will save time which is very pleasant after a long flight.

Register all your details on this website and you will get two Q codes (on your phone) one for customs and one for immigration and then you will sail  through to bagage claims

https://vjw-lp.digital.go.jp/en/

Happy travels

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

We've got ALMOST the same situation as the OP...We're cruising on the Millennium March 28-April 21...Also arriving at Haneda...and also staying at the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku.  But, at the end of our B2B cruises, we are departing from Haneda.

I took a look at that limousine bus link...and, indeed, it says ¥1,300 pp for the ride from Haneda to the Keio Plaza--at present, less than $10 each...So, it clearly beats the price of a taxi.  Questions, though--

1)  Do we need to pre-book and pre-pay (appears so from the website)?

2)  If so, it looks like one has to pick a time--but, of course, the concern is a) we don't know if flight will be on time, b) we don't know how long it might take to retrieve our luggage and c) we don't know how long it will take to clear passport control/immigration...So, how difficult is it to deal with changes in schedule?

3)  The video showed luggage racks above the seats--which, obviously, will not work for the large 50 lb/23 kg suitcases we will be traveling with.  Is there also "under the bus" luggage storage available?

4)  Is it easy to find the bus from baggage claim at Haneda?

For our trip from the Keio Plaza to the ship in Yokohama, there will be four of us (another couple is joining us for the first leg of the B2B only but arriving Haneda a different day), what is the best way to get four people plus lots of luggage from the Keio Plaza to the cruise port?

For our return, we have a tour that will get us from the ship to Haneda...

Also, is Uber a "thing" in Tokyo as an alternative to taxi?

What is the custom of tipping taxi drivers/bus drivers in Japan?

Thanks...

We have Uber in Japan. Until recently they were only allowed to deliver food.

Now they are allowed to carry passengers, but they cost substantially more than regular taxis.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any options, apart from Taxi, to get from Narita airport to Daikouku Pier? 1 option is to get to YCAT (limo shuttle maybe), and then i'm lost on the next steps. Appreciate any guidance i can get.

Narita Express Train will carry you from the lowest level of your Terminal at Narita Airport to Yokohama Station in about 95 minutes. The fare is around US$ 25 per person at the current exchange rate.

The train is designed to carry travelers and their bags, with luggage racks at each end of every car.

There is free WIFI onboard.

From Yokohama Station, you can take a taxi directly to Daikoku Pier, or you could take a taxi to Yamashita Park in Yokohama, where you could board a shuttlebus to Daikoku Pier.

There are many other options, but most would require some Japanese Language skill.

4 hours ago, buaya123 said:

Does anyone have any options, apart from Taxi, to get from Narita airport to Daikouku Pier? 1 option is to get to YCAT (limo shuttle maybe), and then i'm lost on the next steps. Appreciate any guidance i can get.

BruceMuzz made a couple of reasonable suggestions.

Are you planning on arriving at Narita on the day your cruise departs or beforehand?  This will likely shape your travel strategy.  I recommend you make your way to a Yokohama hotel near Yamashita Park for a night or two prior to boarding (i.e. Hotel New Grand) and go from there (Narita Express to Yokohama Station then Minatomirai Line to Yokohama).  Whether your cruise line will be operating a shuttle, I cannot say but, at least, you won't be too far from the cruise terminal for a taxi.

Edited by d9704011

1 hour ago, Sunlightlover said:

We need to transfer from the Sunroute Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku to Haneda airport. It looks like the limousine bus stop is right at the hotel and a direct ride to the airport is 13000 JPY or $10.  Can anyone please confirm this or give other options?

Better check your currency conversion.  13,000 JPY is closer to 100 USD.

10 hours ago, d9704011 said:

BruceMuzz made a couple of reasonable suggestions.

Are you planning on arriving at Narita on the day your cruise departs or beforehand?  This will likely shape your travel strategy.  I recommend you make your way to a Yokohama hotel near Yamashita Park for a night or two prior to boarding (i.e. Hotel New Grand) and go from there (Narita Express to Yokohama Station then Minatomirai Line to Yokohama).  Whether your cruise line will be operating a shuttle, I cannot say but, at least, you won't be too far from the cruise terminal for a taxi.

Thank you both for the quick replies.

2 of the party will be staying in Shin-yokohama for 2 nights before the cruise, while the other 2 of us will be travelling directly from Narita. We are joining the RCL, and the agent said she is not aware of any shuttles.

@BruceMuzz the shuttle from Yamashita, is it open to anyone trying to get to Diakukou Pier? Is there somewhere i can find out more details on this shuttle?

At the end of our cruise in April, we did the Princess transfer from the pier to Narita.  No tour required.  

We went to Disney before the cruise and arranged a private transfer from Narita to our Disney hotel.  Driver was waiting outside the door and drove us directly to the hotel. Very easy and no stress on our tired brains after an all night flight.  Arranged through Viator.

To get to the ship, we took a direct bus from our Disney hotel to Haneda, and then took the Princess transfer to the pier.  Again, very easy.

Yes it was more expensive but it was worth it for us to not have to schlep our suitcases through the Tokyo transit system.  We'd never been to Tokyo before though.  

On 8/9/2023 at 11:54 PM, Sunlightlover said:

We need to transfer from the Sunroute Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku to Haneda airport. It looks like the limousine bus stop is right at the hotel and a direct ride to the airport is 13000 JPY or $10.  Can anyone please confirm this or give other options?

Yes it is and a perfect solution, we used the bus twice once from Haneda and once from Narita worked perfectly both times. It is really a coach with luggage space underneath and a little cheaper at 1300 JPY but this is about $10 each.

https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/ReservationPlanSelect.aspx

On 8/10/2023 at 4:44 AM, buaya123 said:

Thank you both for the quick replies.

2 of the party will be staying in Shin-yokohama for 2 nights before the cruise, while the other 2 of us will be travelling directly from Narita. We are joining the RCL, and the agent said she is not aware of any shuttles.

@BruceMuzz the shuttle from Yamashita, is it open to anyone trying to get to Diakukou Pier? Is there somewhere i can find out more details on this shuttle?

There are several shuttles between the park and Daikoku Pier.

The cruise lines usually hire their own dedicated buses for their own pax.

Yokohama also has regular city buses that carry the pier employees from the city to the island and back. Bus 107 and 109 run often from Yokohama Station to the Daikoku Pier

1 hour ago, BruceMuzz said:

There are several shuttles between the park and Daikoku Pier.

The cruise lines usually hire their own dedicated buses for their own pax.

Yokohama also has regular city buses that carry the pier employees from the city to the island and back. Bus 107 and 109 run often from Yokohama Station to the Daikoku Pier

thank you for the info 🙂

10 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Yes it is and a perfect solution, we used the bus twice once from Haneda and once from Narita worked perfectly both times. It is really a coach with luggage space underneath and a little cheaper at 1300 JPY but this is about $10 each.

https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/ReservationPlanSelect.aspx

Thank you! Now looking for suggestions for transfer from Odaiba to Shinjuku Station in the evening. We will not have any train passes, only Suica or Pasmo card. Which train or bus would be the most convenient and economical way for this transfer?

At Odaiba, you can take the Yurikamome Line from Odaiba-Kaihinkoen Station. This subway line passes the new Tokyo International Cruise Terminal, crosses the Rainbow Bridge over Tokyo Bay, passes Shiodome Baseball Stadium, and ends at Shimbashi Station. 320 yen and 13 minutes travel time.

Then transfer to O-Edo Subway Line at Shimbashi Station and get off at Shinjuku Station.

Sorry. My bad. Most Tokyoites never ride the Yurikamome Line.

At Odaiba, you can take the Yurikamome Line from Odaiba-Kaihinkoen Station. This subway line passes the new Tokyo International Cruise Terminal, and crosses the Rainbow Bridge over Tokyo Bay, Get off at Shiodome Station. 320 yen and 11 minutes travel time.

Then transfer to O-Edo Subway Line at Shiodome Station and get off at Shinjuku Station.

23 minutes ago, BruceMuzz said:

Sorry. My bad. Most Tokyoites never ride the Yurikamome Line.

At Odaiba, you can take the Yurikamome Line from Odaiba-Kaihinkoen Station. This subway line passes the new Tokyo International Cruise Terminal, and crosses the Rainbow Bridge over Tokyo Bay, Get off at Shiodome Station. 320 yen and 11 minutes travel time.

Then transfer to O-Edo Subway Line at Shiodome Station and get off at Shinjuku Station.

Thank you very much! I am wondering how Tokyoites transfer from Odaiba to central Tokyo, by car or another mode of public transportation?