La Dame- $160 pp or $320 for dinner for 2!!!!

A Tucson Guy

We are on Nova 11-18-23 and have not been able to make ressie's for La Dame since the window opened. Just now, I can finally make a dinner ressie on La Dame but the cost is $320 for two- it ain't the French Laundry. That was for 11-20-23. When I go to 11-26-23, La Dame does not even show up. What's up??

Edited by A Tucson Guy

Each trip I've been on Silversea recently I've done La Dame, and most times I decide that while the dinner was a step up from the main dining room, and a nice long and leisurely affair, I usually question whether it was worthwhile.  And my answer, at least so far, has been that I am willing to go there one time per cruise, but having gone once, I feel little need to dine there a second time.

If for some reason I couldn't get a reservation on my next cruise, I wouldn't be upset.

• Like 1

I have five future cruises booked and for the new ships, Nova and Ray, the cost for La Dame is $160 per person and Kaiseki is $80 per person. On the older ships, the cost is $60 pp La Dame and $40 pp for Kaiseki. Something is up??

1 minute ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I have five future cruises booked and for the new ships, Nova and Ray, the cost for La Dame is $160 per person and Kaiseki is $80 per person. On the older ships, the cost is $60 pp La Dame and $40 pp for Kaiseki. Something is up??

When you first mentioned the price increase for La Dame, I wondered whether they were going to include premium wines at that higher price point, as they did many years ago. That doesn't make sense for Kaiseki.    

Just now, Dolcevita Diva said:

When you first mentioned the price increase for La Dame, I wondered whether they were going to include premium wines at that higher price point, as they did many years ago. That doesn't make sense for Kaiseki.    

If it is wine pairing, it better be Silver Oak and Dom!!

There was a thread around a week ago on another site when La Dame was unable to be booked for the crossing in November.  At the time, their Silversea rep told them that was due to pending price changes.  Ironically, another response was that Silversea was considering not charging for these venues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Silver Oak (Alexander) was my go-to cab for many years, but the character changed when Duncan took over in 2001.  To my mind, 1997 was the last of the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More details have emerged in an email that just arrived:

Prepare to embark on an extraordinary culinary journey during the inaugural season of Silver Nova. Savour the pinnacle of luxury travel with our nine remarkable restaurants, including one brand new experience and our latest dining enhancements, taking your culinary voyage to unprecedented heights:

icon-check
Discover S.A.L.T. Chef's Table, an immersive and interactive meal like no other
Pull up a seat in our unique S.A.L.T. Lab, which transforms during the evening to showcase our chefs’ creative expression. Accommodating only 20 guests, this one-of-a-kind setting treats you to a choreographed menu of small plates celebrating regional flavours and star ingredients. Paired perfectly with wines and cocktails, prepare for lively engagement and passionate culinary conversations. Reservations will be taken onboard at the Guest Services Desk.

icon-check
Indulge in La Dame’s exquisite new dining experience
Merging French culinary heritage with modern innovation, La Dame on Silver Nova presents an exquisite new dining experience. Immerse yourself in deep, balanced flavours through our curated tasting menu or à la carte selections, paired with our complimentary wine collection. Alternatively, opt for a meticulously crafted French Wines or Vintage Champagne pairing, specially selected by our wine ambassador in collaboration with Moet Hennessy. Reserve now on My Silversea or onboard.

icon-check
Embark on an authentic and re-imagined Japanese gastronomic journey at Kaiseki
Inspired by her knowledge of the Japan Culinary Institute in Shizuoka, Anne-Mari Cornelius, our culinary development chef, has crafted a delectable journey that embraces the traditions of UNESCO-listed Japanese cuisine, Washoku. Discover visually stunning and wholesome dishes expertly paired with a new and exclusive selection of sake, Japanese whiskeys, tantalising teas or refreshing cocktails. Reserve now on My Silversea or onboard.

Prepare to be treated to an unforgettable culinary adventure, as we aim to make your voyage truly exceptional in every way.

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Silver Oak (Alexander) was my go-to cab for many years, but the character changed when Duncan took over in 2001.  To my mind, 1997 was the last of the best.

I always thought SO was a little overrated, for the price.  I think I still have a few bottles sitting around, including a 97.

We’re on Nov 18 cruise too, and just had the email. Appears only first 4 nights are bookable for the two upcharge restaurants? Not value for us, at these upcharge prices, when there are plenty of other options!

2 minutes ago, gaspari said:

We’re on Nov 18 cruise too, and just had the email. Appears only first 4 nights are bookable for the two upcharge restaurants? Not value for us, at these upcharge prices, when there are plenty of other options!

I imagine the laws of microeconomics will quickly demonstrate whether most passengers will take a pass on this as well.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

I always thought SO was a little overrated, for the price.  I think I still have a few bottles sitting around, including a 97.

It did achieve 'cult' pricing, but certainly not like Cardinale!

Time to open up that 97!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

More details have emerged in an email that just arrived:

Anne-Mari Cornelius, our culinary development chef…

Thx Dolcevita Diva.  They all sound good to me!  Anne-Mari is our favorite SS Chef followed by Pia in a close second.

IMG_8657.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Silver Oak holds a special place in my memory.

Back in the early 1980s, my firm was engaged in consulting on several large-scale initiatives with a global client and I was the only female in a non-administrative role in our meetings. 

At the initial kickoff dinner for around 20 people, our Director-level client took the wine list, handed it to me and said to the table "Dolcevita will select the wine for us tonight." There were several eye rolls and expectations were pretty low - until the Silver Oak (which was not as well known back then) was poured and they tasted it. 

It was a very classy and subtle way for my client to show the broader team that he trusted my judgement and establish my role as a key decision influencer for this project.

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dolcevita Diva said:

Silver Oak holds a special place in my memory.

Back in the early 1980s, I was engaged in consulting on several large-scale initiatives with a global client and was the only female in a non-administrative role in our meetings. 

At the initial kickoff dinner for around 20 people, our Director-level client took the wine list, handed it to me and said to the table "Dolcevita will select the wine for us tonight." There were several eye rolls and expectations were pretty low - until the Silver Oak (which was not as well known back then) was poured and they tasted it. 

It was a very classy and subtle way for my client to show the broader team that he trusted my judgement and establish my role as a key decision influencer for this project.

Girl power. You go!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

There are so many wines better than those two…but then taste in wine is very subjective.  Why limit oneself?

Edited by Gourmet Gal
  • Like 1