FASTER TO THE FUN on VENEZIA AUG 19 Sailing.

tewkewl74

2 hours ago, tewkewl74 said:

So I just called carnival and they said that the above was not true.  they said that all ships have it.  where did you get the 6-9 month info?

The carnival rep gave you false information because the carnival website says this:

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe nor on cruises from Honolulu, Norfolk and San Francisco.

Ships that sail from Norfolk is Magic and soon to be the Sunshine

Ships that sail from San Francisco is the Miracle

They are lots of ports doing Journey cruises to and other ships doing cruises in Europe 

Since the faster to fun program came out it was common for it to be not available on any new ship until at least 6 months or so, sometimes earlier or sometimes later.  the Venezia is still considering a new ship with the first sail date being May 2023. Expect faster for the fun to be available for this later this fall 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shof515 said:

The carnival rep gave you false information because the carnival website says this:

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe nor on cruises from Honolulu, Norfolk and San Francisco.

Ships that sail from Norfolk is Magic and soon to be the Sunshine

Ships that sail from San Francisco is the Miracle

They are lots of ports doing Journey cruises to and other ships doing cruises in Europe 

Since the faster to fun program came out it was common for it to be not available on any new ship until at least 6 months or so, sometimes earlier or sometimes later.  the Venezia is still considering a new ship with the first sail date being May 2023. Expect faster for the fun to be available for this later this fall 

what does that have to do with venezia though?  it cruises from nyc?  it's also been around since 2019 on carnivals sister brand. is it still considered new?  can you give me a reference for where it says that faster to the fun isn't available for the first 6-9 months?  and if that really is the case, why would they not offer it the first 6-9 months? I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, tewkewl74 said:

what does that have to do with venezia though?  it cruises from nyc?  it's also been around since 2019 on carnivals sister brand. is it still considered new?  can you give me a reference for where it says that faster to the fun isn't available for the first 6-9 months?  and if that really is the case, why would they not offer it the first 6-9 months? I'd appreciate it.

Probably because the first 6-9 months will be crowded with platinums and diamonds who all have priority boarding.  Things would be too crowded with FTTF people added.  EM

• Like 1

I called Carnival today specifically asking about FTTF for Venezia Sept 16 from NYC.

Was told "it's not available." 

Asked "is it not available because it's sold out so no more room or not available because it's not being offered?"

Was told "it's not being offered"

Asked "why does it show offered but sold out the following week Sept 23 from NYC?"

Was told "that's a mistake - it's not offered"

So, can anyone on the Sept 16 sailing confirm they were able to book FTTF? Even though I was told it's not offered, I'm trying to cover my bases. Being B2B, I don't really have a need for the 2nd week (Sept 23) but do want it the 1st week (Sept 16).

Yes I realize this is for Aug and better get a response on that thread, but since I'm researching, I thought I'd ask. Thank you 🙃

Edited by Haljo1935

yes.  already did so.  the roll call is tiny for aug 19th because it's going to canada.  the prices for the cruise are still low and it's not sold out yet.  canada isn't a very desired location.  but it is for us because we don't want any more heat after living on the sun this whole summer!