TK Reservations

CLOU

Has anyone been able to make advance TK reservations on line recently? I have cruises booked for January and June and have not been able to make reservations for either cruise. I keep getting a message that the function is currently unavailable and to try again later. This has been going on for months. In the past, not only was I able to book well in advance but many time slots would fill up well in advance.

I could speculate that the TK contract will be up by then and not being renewed but I think I am reading too much into just another Seabourn website issue.

I understand planning port excursions is quite a complicated process with contracting local tour providers, but opening reservations for the TK Grill? That's just software, which does the same thing for every cruise. It's a little hard to understand why that would be backlogged.

• Like 1

Yes, I tried both places for an April cruise. No luck. I may call Seabourn directly and see if I get the same excuse as Kahuna 21. No problem with excursions, plenty of those for which we have to shell out in advance as everyone knows. 😬

I had the same problem for the two months prior to our April-May cruise on the Encore.  I ended up making our reservations on board soon after we got there.  I suspect the on-line function is off-line or "busted".

Same with us - unable to book TK for March 24 or March 25 cruises. Same message “unavailable, try later”. For the March 24 cruise there do seem to be a lot of excursions which are bookable. Our TA enquired with Seabourn who just told her that they cannot say when this will be available. Not very helpful!

maybe they are changing the rules for TK bookings?

The answer I received when I called Seabourn was: "reservations for the Thomas Keller Grill for 2024 bookings will open the end of August". When I asked about the rumor that there was an expected change in the venue, he said "absolutely not!". 

So, I will be trying in early September to confirm his response (and not hold my breath!).

Definitely they have SW issues.  We had no trouble booking our TK reservations for our cruise in May 2023.  Actually made them in January.  Received email confirmation (save those mails) and one month prior the booking disappeared from the site.  Redid them again with of course different availability, got to the ship and they were all gone.  Talked with the Seabourn Square Manager and she reentered them again locally.

Edited by PaulMCO

4 minutes ago, CruiseCruiseCruise13 said:

Will we have more options if we call, or wait until we get onboard? We really don’t want to miss TK or the evening in Ephesus. 

It's very likely you'll be able to change to a different time once you're on board; I read here on CC that they hold 2/3 of the tables for booking onboard, and 1/3 for online booking ahead of time.  Not sure if that's really the exact policy but matches our experience where it has always been hard to get a booking for when we want online but have always been accommodated onboard.  When you board, go to the TK Grill and there should be someone staffing it on embarkation day who can help get you a better time/date.  

Hope you enjoy Seabourn!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruiseCruiseCruise13 said:

This will be our first Seabourn cruise, We’re booked for the Encore in November! The only reservations available for TK online are the night we’re in Kusadasi.
Will we have more options if we call, or wait until we get onboard? We really don’t want to miss TK or the evening in Ephesus. 

My  suggestion is that you go to the TK Grill as soon as you embark and ask for a reservation.  If there is no one at the TK Grill, go to the Seabourn Square and meet with one those representatives and ask them make you a reservation.  I do believe (from personal experience) that a face to face request is more successful than telephone call to guest services.  

• Like 1

Actually, I'd suggest going to the Seabourn Square as soon as you get on board.  The online reservation system has apparently not been working for some time.  We could not use it back in April, but had no problems getting reservations when we boarded.  (I suggest going to Seabourn Square rather than to the TK Grill because, during the day, there may not be anyone staffing the desk at the Grill, while there will always be someone in the Square.)