Ocean delivery charge instead of Plus upgrade?

mcgratru

I'm new to Princess and with all the changes, still trying to get my head around some stuff. Can I ask...

On some cruise lines, drinks ordered on the drinks package are not allowed to be ordered via room service and cannot be delivered to the cabin. It seems from what people are saying though that 'package' drinks on Princess, whether on plus or premier, can be ordered via the app (or cabin phone=$5) and delivered to your cabin. Am I correct in that?

And if I do order via the app for delivery to my cabin, I'm 'only' charged the activation fee of $14.99 and not another $5 per order (even though I have a older Premier package without bells and whistles).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm new to Princess and with all the changes, still trying to get my head around some stuff. Can I ask...

On some cruise lines, drinks ordered on the drinks package are not allowed to be ordered via room service and cannot be delivered to the cabin. It seems from what people are saying though that 'package' drinks on Princess, whether on plus or premier, can be ordered via the app (or cabin phone=$5) and delivered to your cabin. Am I correct in that?

And if I do order via the app for delivery to my cabin, I'm 'only' charged the activation fee of $14.99 and not another $5 per order (even though I have a older Premier package without bells and whistles).

According to Princess: yes. $5 is for stateroom telephone orders only

Screenshot_20230801-102330_Photos.thumb.jpg.b40ad8249ae06f4b7678d69673ea02a5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Do you think the horrible habit of leaving dirty plates outside cabin doors as passengers go to the buffet for food and then won't use the app or phone for the dishes to be picked up

I think most will pay the 1 time $14.99 fee

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Do you think the horrible habit of leaving dirty plates outside cabin doors as passengers go to the buffet for food and then won't use the app or phone for the dishes to be picked up

Interesting comment.  For the cruisers on standard fare or Plus/Premium purchased before December on old pricing, who may now choose to avoid using app or room service phone to avoid new fees - they will no longer have the option to request dirty dishes to be collected. That leaves two options. Leave outside door (which I personally never would do) or leave inside for cabin steward who is probably already overworked.

10 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Interesting comment.  For the cruisers on standard fare or Plus/Premium purchased before December on old pricing, who may now choose to avoid using app or room service phone to avoid new fees - they will no longer have the option to request dirty dishes to be collected. That leaves two options. Leave outside door (which I personally never would do) or leave inside for cabin steward who is probably already overworked.

We always leave our dishes in the cabin, and the room steward removes them, is this the wrong thing to do. 

• Like 1

Although I don’t agree with how it’s been implemented, I could live with the $14.99 Ocean Now fee if they would give me the facility to say no mayonnaise on things. Or better still, have it so you opt in to the evil stuff rather than having to phone an order just to opt out!  $5 per order just because I don’t eat mayonnaise and Princess won’t accommodate that simple request on Ocean Now.

• Like 2

I sailed Caribbean Princess last December - not once did i use the OceanNow food/beverage delivery services.  Some of my travel companions did.  I found it easier to order from a bar server or walk to a bar and order a drink, or go to a food service area and get what I wanted vs waiting 20-30 minutes for delivery.  The only Room service I did was breakfast using the paper door hangers put out before going to sleep, which about all I have ever done.  Coffee and croissants on the balcony are always my "wake-up call" every day 🙂  I still had a superb experience, and really don't see the benefit in ordering from the app, but that's just me maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1