Casual Dining - Fixed Price Menus and A La Carte Charges

dides

@dides confirmed, was on Majestic 10/3-10/8, the Ocean Terrace menu is available for lunch on just sea days.  The menu you linked is correct. 

And while we luckily only had ~2000 instead of the typically full ~3800 passengers, the 2 times I had the sushi lunch here (thanks to the Premier package), the place was almost empty.  Food was great (be ready for small dishes), but rolls are SPICY (like, had to use napkin on head sweat - level!) even when requesting less on visit 2.  Bonus: check the timing, and sit along the Piazza edge here on deck 7, and look down at dancing/singing/towel folding/paper airplane etc. activities below on deck 5, for "lunch and a show."  

Alfredo's, not impressed, sadly.  Your menu #2 is correct.  Pizzas were great when free.  Had to try, via Premier, the should-have-been-pleased-with Margherita pizza.  Meh.  Ok.  Just ok.  Visit 2: Pane Siciliana, no, just no, this one's a shame of a burned-bread canned tuna-under-a-bed-of-cheese melt yikes.  But - the minestrone soup was delicious, although, it was nearly identical (or exactly the same) to the main dining room minestrone.  

While I didn't get the package for the Casual Dining options, having tried them both on Majestic twice, I'm glad I didn't have too high expectations, and certainly wouldn't advise upcharging yourself to eat these, as we were 100% satisfied with the included MDR and buffet options the rest of the cruise (and haven't always said that).  *YMMV* 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A couple of changes for Ocean Terrace:

Venue (with

menu for logged

in users)

A la carte
charges

$14.99 cover
charge includes

Ships

Alfredo’s

Alfredos 2.pdf

Appetizer $5.50
Pizza $8.50
Pasta $8.50

Special Pizza $12
Dessert $4

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Majestic
Regal

Royal
Sky
Star 
Sun 

Alfredo’s reduced menu

Alfredos 1.pdf 

Appetizer $5.50
Pizza $8.50
Dessert $4

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza
1 x Dessert

Coral

Grand

Island
Sapphire

GiGis

GiGis.pdf

Appetizer $5.50
Pizza $8.50
Pasta $8.50

Special Pizza $12
Dessert $4

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Discovery
Enchanted 

Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace.pdf

Ocean Terrace Fixed Price menu on Sky

OceanTerraceSky.pdf

Appetizer $3
Starters $14/$12
Nigiri $5
Sashimi $5
Combis $7/$13
Maki Rolls $5

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri or
Sashimi
2 x Maki Rolls

(except Sky - see different menu)

Discovery
Enchanted

Majestic
Regal
Royal 
Sky

Salty Dog

Gastropub

SALTY DOG GASTROPUB.pdf

Plates $10
Desserts $5

2 x Plates
1 x Dessert

Crown 

Discovery 

Emerald 
Ruby 

Vines

Vines.pdf

Crudités $3
Charcuterie
Board $12
Chocolate
Truffles $3

1 x Crudités
1 x Charcuterie
Board
1 x Chocolate
Truffes

Caribbean 
Crown
Emerald 
Grand 
Majestic 
Regal 
Royal 

Ruby Sapphire 
Sky

O’Malley’s

O Malleys.pdf

Starters $5
Mains $10
Afters $5

1 x Starter
1 x Main
1 x After

Enchanted 
Star
Sun

Kai Sushi

Kai Sushi.pdf

Starters $12/$14/$20
Noodles &
Ramen $10-$15
Appetizers $4/$3
Nigiri Sushi $5
Sashimi $5
Maki Rolls $5
Combis $7/$13
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri Sushi
1 x Sashimi
1 x Maki Roll
1 x Dessert

Diamond
Star
Sun

Planks

Planks.pdf

Starters $5
Planks $12
Extra Meat $4
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Plank
1 x Dessert

Caribbean 
Emerald 

Steamers

Steamers.pdf

Starters $5
Steamer $12
Seafood Platter $12
Add Lobster Tail
or Snow Crab $10
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Steamer or
Seafood Platter
1 x Dessert

Caribbean 
Emerald 

- New fixed price menu for Ocean Terrace on Sky Princess, only option at lunchtimes and then alongside a la carte in the evenings 

- Majestic Princess has the main Ocean Terrace menu for lunch on sea days in The Catch by Rudi

Thanks to @wallyj @Abc12345678 @rosevew for their updates!

Edited by dides
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Guest Snaxmuppet
4 hours ago, jwattle said:

Price dependent 🙂

Sorry... what do you mean? I don't understand? Whether any drink is included on a package is price dependent so what is different then about the sake?

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Sorry... what do you mean? I don't understand? Whether any drink is included on a package is price dependent so what is different then about the sake?

You have me worried - I assumed the packages would cover any drink upto $15/$20 and you just pay the rest.  Are there alcoholic drinks which are exceptions / exclusions? 

I can only think that, without looking at the price of sake ($10), @jwattle was just suggesting that of course it would be included, as it is alcohol, but only if it falls within the package's price limit.  

Separate but related question - is it possible to stop in at Ocean Terrace (and other casual and specialty dining locations) and just be there for drinks?  E.g. at Ocean Terrace would stopping for just a sake be allowed, and if you were on a plus package would it instantly cost you one of your free bookings.  Or is a $39 menu fee triggered if you stop at a premium restaurant, just wanting a coke?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, p.pete said:

7 hours ago, p.pete said:

Separate but related question - is it possible to stop in at Ocean Terrace (and other casual and specialty dining locations) and just be there for drinks?  E.g. at Ocean Terrace would stopping for just a sake be allowed, and if you were on a plus package would it instantly cost you one of your free bookings.  Or is a $39 menu fee triggered if you stop at a premium restaurant, just wanting a coke?

Ocean Terrace on the ships that have it, is a bar that also happens to serve sushi(Majestic it is only a bar- no sushi, but it is now serving sushi at lunch at The Catch a few steps away). So many passengers stop by just for drinks. 

I find it very unlikely a passenger would want to walk into one of the Specialty dining venues just to order a soft drink or any other drink, if they were not planning on dining there, since there are so many other ‘bars’/locations that offer that service. 

Many of the casual dining venues like O’Malleys or SaltyDog GastroPub are venues that are bars with extra seating, so many passengers visit just for drinks and do not order ‘food’. I do not see a passenger walking into Alfredo’s or Gigi’s to order just a drink, when a bar is probably located a few steps away.

Nothing is automatically ‘triggered’ by you walking into any venue. Yes, the bars and restaurants and shops have devices that recognize medallions within range, but to actually ‘charge’ that medallion, the crew member has to enter a transaction manually such as a bar order, etc.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

I can see a person going in to Alfredo's for drinks to sit with another passenger who is having a Pizza. On Royal it is next to Bellinis and all drinks come from that bar. You would tell attendant you were not dining. 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, Tedferg said:

I can see a person going in to Alfredo's for drinks to sit with another passenger who is having a Pizza. On Royal it is next to Bellinis and all drinks come from that bar. You would tell attendant you were not dining. 

According to the manager at the Alfredo’s reduced menu on the Sapphire…one person CAN order $14.99 meal and the other does not have to use their free meal.

He said to tell the person checking you In at Alfredo’s, tbat you are using only 1 free $14.99 meal.   He said also 1 could

use the $14.99 meal and another just buy something a la carte, like pizza, App or dessert.  

The waiter told me the opposite, so I would check with the manager of the CD restaurant on whatever ship you’re on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

According to the manager at the Alfredo’s reduced menu on the Sapphire…one person CAN order $14.99 meal and the other does not have to use their free meal.

He said to tell the person checking you In at Alfredo’s, tbat you are using only 1 free $14.99 meal.   He said also 1 could

use the $14.99 meal and another just buy something a la carte, like pizza, App or dessert.  

The waiter told me the opposite, so I would check with the manager of the CD restaurant on whatever ship you’re on.

Thank you!!!

We'll be on the Sapphire next week for 32 days (with 24 sea days!) and those 2 meals/pp won't go very far.

I'll check with the manager before we sit down but it'll be nice to stop there if one of us is hungry and the other just wants an app or dessert .

On 8/1/2023 at 4:47 AM, Thrak said:

Now... Has anybody seen the new Casual Dining added onto their Travel Summary? I'm not seeing any mention of it on the cruises I have booked with Plus 60.

Don't know if this is any help, but I recently booked a cruise on Sky Princess. Included in our fare are two casual dining visits which apparently is a new addition. Must admit I wasn't sure what these were as P&O only have the MDR's and Speciality dining like Sindu, Beach House and Glass House.If you go for the fare where you get drinks up to $20, ours is $15, you also get unlimited Casual Dining.

5 hours ago, chamima said:

Thank you!!!

We'll be on the Sapphire next week for 32 days (with 24 sea days!) and those 2 meals/pp won't go very far.

I'll check with the manager before we sit down but it'll be nice to stop there if one of us is hungry and the other just wants an app or dessert .

Agree.  See you there. 

• Like 1

This is Day 4 for us on the Enchanted.  We've walked Gigi's by Alfredo every day at lunch and dinner (on sea and port days) and never seen more than six tables occupied.   There is some good news:  the ridiculous Premium Dessert benefit included in the Plus package includes all the offerings at the gelato bar!  Going for some cones today!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, mike&elena said:

There is some good news:  the ridiculous Premium Dessert benefit included in the Plus package includes all the offerings at the gelato bar!  Going for some cones today!!

That is good news.  We're are on the Sky next month. Tried one of those desserts on the Crown in August and never went back for another.  Horrible stuff and a real waste of calories.
I was just telling my DH that the gelato bar would have been a much better choice for the Plus pkg benefit.  I'm sure it will be more popular too.

G,day All,

Just had a question re Alfredo's new charges. My wife and I are booked on a cruise in March. We have both paid for the Plus Package,so we each receive 2 complimentary vouchers for the $14.99 set menu. We are not big eaters and we have in the past ordered one starter and one pizza between the two of us. My question is, does anyone know if we would be able to just use one voucher between us?

Paul

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:42 PM, dides said:

A couple of changes for Ocean Terrace:

Venue (with

menu for logged

in users)

A la carte
charges

$14.99 cover
charge includes

Ships

Alfredo’s

Alfredos 2.pdf 157.15 kB · 38 downloads

Appetizer $5.50
Pizza $8.50
Pasta $8.50

Special Pizza $12
Dessert $4

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Majestic
Regal

Royal
Sky
Star 
Sun 

Alfredo’s reduced menu

Alfredos 1.pdf 36.68 kB · 16 downloads  

Appetizer $5.50
Pizza $8.50
Dessert $4

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza
1 x Dessert

Coral

Grand

Island
Sapphire

GiGis

GiGis.pdf 169.33 kB · 20 downloads

Appetizer $5.50
Pizza $8.50
Pasta $8.50

Special Pizza $12
Dessert $4

1 x Appetizer
1 x Pizza or pasta
1 x Dessert

Discovery
Enchanted 

Ocean Terrace

Ocean Terrace.pdf 571.32 kB · 40 downloads

Ocean Terrace Fixed Price menu on Sky

OceanTerraceSky.pdf 62.27 kB · 24 downloads

Appetizer $3
Starters $14/$12
Nigiri $5
Sashimi $5
Combis $7/$13
Maki Rolls $5

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri or
Sashimi
2 x Maki Rolls

(except Sky - see different menu)

Discovery
Enchanted

Majestic
Regal
Royal 
Sky

Salty Dog

Gastropub

SALTY DOG GASTROPUB.pdf 46.91 kB · 29 downloads

Plates $10
Desserts $5

2 x Plates
1 x Dessert

Crown 

Discovery 

Emerald 
Ruby 

Vines

Vines.pdf 818.09 kB · 57 downloads

Crudités $3
Charcuterie
Board $12
Chocolate
Truffles $3

1 x Crudités
1 x Charcuterie
Board
1 x Chocolate
Truffes

Caribbean 
Crown
Emerald 
Grand 
Majestic 
Regal 
Royal 

Ruby Sapphire 
Sky

O’Malley’s

O Malleys.pdf 3.88 MB · 21 downloads

Starters $5
Mains $10
Afters $5

1 x Starter
1 x Main
1 x After

Enchanted 
Star
Sun

Kai Sushi

Kai Sushi.pdf 631.92 kB · 0 downloads

Starters $12/$14/$20
Noodles &
Ramen $10-$15
Appetizers $4/$3
Nigiri Sushi $5
Sashimi $5
Maki Rolls $5
Combis $7/$13
Dessert $3

1 x Appetizer
1 x Nigiri Sushi
1 x Sashimi
1 x Maki Roll
1 x Dessert

Diamond
Star
Sun

Planks

Planks.pdf 284.97 kB · 17 downloads

Starters $5
Planks $12
Extra Meat $4
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Plank
1 x Dessert

Caribbean 
Emerald 

Steamers

Steamers.pdf 459.82 kB · 15 downloads

Starters $5
Steamer $12
Seafood Platter $12
Add Lobster Tail
or Snow Crab $10
Desserts $3

1 x Starter
1 x Steamer or
Seafood Platter
1 x Dessert

Caribbean 
Emerald 

- New fixed price menu for Ocean Terrace on Sky Princess, only option at lunchtimes and then alongside a la carte in the evenings 

- Majestic Princess has the main Ocean Terrace menu for lunch on sea days in The Catch by Rudi

Thanks to @wallyj @Abc12345678 @rosevew for their updates!

Aloha. Thank you so much for taking the time to post the menus!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, antsp said:

If Princess wanted reduce the numbers using Alfredo's they have doe a good job, place is almost always empty on the Sky

Maybe because the pizza there is pretty dreadful! We tried it 4 times on our recent cruise and each time it was almost raw in the centre.