Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

38 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

To add a little further confusion, the package I booked was the 'UK Plus', AFAIK there's never been a 50 or 60 option in the UK just a plain Plus package.

In the US, the plus package was originally 40, for about 6 months was 50 and has subsequently gone up to 60.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

To add a little further confusion, the package I booked was the 'UK Plus', AFAIK there's never been a 50 or 60 option in the UK just a plain Plus package.

However, when you contact Princess, they inform you that you are under the ‘old’ package so don’t qualify. 

18 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Traveling in a full suite with the standard fare feels like driving an Escalade with manual roll down windows. 

I guess plus is included in suite pricing, isn't it?  If not, can you explain why you think it's dumb for someone to book a suite but not a drink package?  Genuinely curious.

15 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

We have Plus but the old Plus.

We are presently on princess in Alaska.  We purchased the old plus package.  My husband went to captains circle to inquire about a bunch of stuff and was told it is all upgraded and there is only the one package.  When I looked at our statement we were not charged the difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

We are presently on princess in Alaska.  We purchased the old plus package.  My husband went to captains circle to inquire about a bunch of stuff and was told it is all upgraded and there is only the one package.  When I looked at our statement we were not charged the difference.

I wouldn't count on no matter what someone told you although it should have been applied that way.

You can't believe everything you here lately.

• Like 2

Just now, MissP22 said:

I wouldn't count on no matter what someone told you although it should have been applied that way.

You can't believe everything you here lately.

You are right except in my case we are on the ship and yes they are treating it as the newest.

• Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Which ship? 

• Like 1

Sapphire Princess is the only ship on which this change has been implemented, supposedly. 

Ship Voyage# Date
Sapphire Princess H323 August 2, 2023
Enchanted Princess N327 August 12, 2023
Royal Princess 1329N August 12, 2023
Regal Princess G327N August 12, 2023
Discovery Princess X335 August 13, 2023
Caribbean Princess B328 August 14, 2023
Diamond Princess M330 August 14, 2023
Ruby Princess R323 August 15, 2023
Crown Princess 3320N August 15, 2023
Sky Princess Y325 August 19, 2023
Grand Princess A329 August 19, 2023
Majestic Princess 8327 August, 19, 2023
Emerald Princess E321N August 21, 2023
Island Princess 2315 August 25, 2023
Coral Princess 6315 September 20, 2023

47 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

You are right except in my case we are on the ship and yes they are treating it as the newest.

This is what I have been hoping to hear from those actually onboard. I trust that more than any Princess phone rep script.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

Sapphire Princess is the only ship on which this change has been implemented, supposedly. 

Ship Voyage# Date
Sapphire Princess H323 August 2, 2023
Enchanted Princess N327 August 12, 2023
Royal Princess 1329N August 12, 2023
Regal Princess G327N August 12, 2023
Discovery Princess X335 August 13, 2023
Caribbean Princess B328 August 14, 2023
Diamond Princess M330 August 14, 2023
Ruby Princess R323 August 15, 2023
Crown Princess 3320N August 15, 2023
Sky Princess Y325 August 19, 2023
Grand Princess A329 August 19, 2023
Majestic Princess 8327 August, 19, 2023
Emerald Princess E321N August 21, 2023
Island Princess 2315 August 25, 2023
Coral Princess 6315 September 20, 2023

Agreed, which is why I asked which ship. It could just be that they are on one which has hadn’t the new system implemented yet. Be interesting to find out though 👍.

• Like 2

We have cruises booked for this month, February and May 2024 each with the plus package although the plus packages were different prices.  I believe I was able, at one time, to look at my booking and see what was included.   I can't find this now.  Does anyone know where I can find this information?  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, helovestrains said:

We have cruises booked for this month, February and May 2024 each with the plus package although the plus packages were different prices.  I believe I was able, at one time, to look at my booking and see what was included.   I can't find this now.  Does anyone know where I can find this information?  Thanks.

You need to go to your online account and look at your Travel Summary. It’s not what is on the ‘onboard’ listing for your sailing as that includes everything and states ’Purchased’,as per my example below, when in fact that isn’t the case (there’s a line underneath saying that you may not be entitled to everything on that list which some pax aren’t noticing - only the Travel Summary states what you personally will receive on your sailing).

IMG_0095.png

5 hours ago, villauk said:

You need to go to your online account and look at your Travel Summary. It’s not what is on the ‘onboard’ listing for your sailing as that includes everything and states ’Purchased’,as per my example below, when in fact that isn’t the case (there’s a line underneath saying that you may not be entitled to everything on that list which some pax aren’t noticing - only the Travel Summary states what you personally will receive on your sailing).

IMG_0095.png

Thank you.  The travel summary and its location had escaped me.  Now I know what my PP entitlements are.

On 8/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, worldtraveller said:

We have Plus but the old Plus.

I think you may have to pay the extra $10/pp/day to maintain the Plus Package.  You may also just be able to withdraw altogether from the Plus if you choose to.

5 hours ago, suzyed said:

I think you may have to pay the extra $10/pp/day to maintain the Plus Package.  You may also just be able to withdraw altogether from the Plus if you choose to.

Originally my thought, except the app shows the new 60 package for my next cruise even though I paid for the 50, so I presume that is what will be connected to the medallion and used onboard. Would like more confirmation from those onboard as this rolls out. If it is as Knickearth has stated onboard, had some already pay the difference, then what? It certainly would be easier for the crew and service desk as well if there was only one plus package used onboard. We will see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Originally my thought, except the app shows the new 60 package for my next cruise even though I paid for the 50, so I presume that is what will be connected to the medallion and used onboard. Would like more confirmation from those onboard as this rolls out. If it is as Knickearth has stated onboard, had some already pay the difference, then what? It certainly would be easier for the crew and service desk as well if there was only one plus package used onboard. We will see. 

I agree with you, but now I learned others here are not being given the newer level of princess plus.  So as usual 1.  Depends on who you ask.  2.  Hopefully deal with bars that think like the answer you got.

we realized yesterday that the 15 drink limit per day - which I was lead to believe was an alcohol drinking limit only daily also includes specialty coffees.  This too is most confusing as if you get that specialty coffee at the intl. cafe they take one of the 15 drinks.  If you get it at the coffee and cones on lido deck no deduction from the 15.  This is on the Ruby right now.

the only new item I personally think is DUMB is called Ocean Ready.  This is where you can order and pay for food to be delivered anywhere.  Sorry, but between Lido buffet, pizza, burgers and the MDR and specialty restaurants why pay for a delivery service?..

20 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I agree with you, but now I learned others here are not being given the newer level of princess plus.  So as usual 1.  Depends on who you ask.  2.  Hopefully deal with bars that think like the answer you got.

we realized yesterday that the 15 drink limit per day - which I was lead to believe was an alcohol drinking limit only daily also includes specialty coffees.  This too is most confusing as if you get that specialty coffee at the intl. cafe they take one of the 15 drinks.  If you get it at the coffee and cones on lido deck no deduction from the 15.  This is on the Ruby right now.

the only new item I personally think is DUMB is called Ocean Ready.  This is where you can order and pay for food to be delivered anywhere.  Sorry, but between Lido buffet, pizza, burgers and the MDR and specialty restaurants why pay for a delivery service?..

Thanks for the update. The Ruby wasn't scheduled to start the new changes until the 15th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

the only new item I personally think is DUMB is called Ocean Ready.  This is where you can order and pay for food to be delivered anywhere.  Sorry, but between Lido buffet, pizza, burgers and the MDR and specialty restaurants why pay for a delivery service?

While I agree with "why pay", this feature is called Ocean Now.  Ocean Ready is the registration and check-in process for a booked voyage.