Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

6 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

It would somewhat nip it in the bud.  But, more importantly, it would alleviate some of the deluge of people that will be inundating customer service with demands of what is going on.

Better to announce the bad news ahead of time for sure.  

The issues to me are a previously free sit down pizza place in the Atrium and room service now carry a fee.  I don't like seeing these kinds of changes but am not surprised they are happening.  They are not going to cause me to abandon Princess.  

11 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Can't disagree.  How do you suggest they do that?    

What they should have done was implement it for all those that hadn’t made final payment date and let them decide if they wanted to cancel without penalty, pay an increase for a new package etc., and let pax make the choice in advance. Not left it until pax board to be officially notified that they are not getting what they paid for months ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villauk said:

What they should have done was implement it for all those that hadn’t made final payment date and let them decide if they wanted to cancel without penalty, pay an increase for a new package etc., and let pax make the choice in advance. Not left it until pax board to be officially notified that they are not getting what they paid for months ago.

Keep in mind the impact of these price changes are not  limited to folks with packages.  If a material change is made, should all passengers be given the option to cancel?  

33 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Better to announce the bad news ahead of time for sure.  

The issues to me are a previously free sit down pizza place in the Atrium and room service now carry a fee.  I don't like seeing these kinds of changes but am not surprised they are happening.  They are not going to cause me to abandon Princess.  

My next 6 cruises are on ships without pizza restaurant and I rarely use room service really no reason for me to upgrade from an old Plus plan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

My next 6 cruises are on ships without pizza restaurant and I rarely use room service really no reason for me to upgrade from an old Plus plan 

In over 40 cruises with different mainstream lines, we have never had room service.  Even if I did, I'm not likely to spend $10 per person per day for a package upgrade that might save me a few dollars during the course of a cruise.   

If you are on a cruise that is more than 7 days it is not worth it to upgrade from 50 to 60 plus.

If the 2 of you use Ocean now $30 (with this you don't need to use RS), you use your two casual dinings $60. That is a total of $90 included for the upgrade.

Our next cruise is 30 days, it would cost us $600 to upgrade ($10 pd,pp). 

You guessed it we will keep our old package.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JJMD said:

On the Enchanted now, beginning the last leg of our B2B2B tomorrow and received this tonight in the cabin:

image.thumb.jpeg.5aee9f421493c5ae773d17b07bcea235.jpeg

Wow this is weird to me, do I not understand? At the beginning of the letter they tell you to trust them and upgrade to get all these wonderful changes. Later in the letter they tell you that these changes do not affect you as a continuing passenger. The letter is addressed to passengers continuing on this cruise. 

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

If a material change is made, should all passengers be given the option to cancel?  

Yes.  The point I’m trying to make is pax would have an opportunity, in advance, to consider their options and would have more respect for the company making them and are less likely to cancel. We all understand that prices are rising, but it’s the way you handle and approach your customers to those changes. At the moment, as Princess have only officially informed TAs about these changes, promoting how much commission they can make, and not the actual paying customers, does not sit very well with many guests. And then they say ‘Trust us’ 🙄.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prost Seattle said:

What was special about the Dec. 14 2022 date? 

That is when Plus and Premier increased to the current pricing of $60 and $80.  If guests have that, they get all the new stuff included without any questions/issues about whether something applies or not.

2 hours ago, JJMD said:

On the Enchanted now, beginning the last leg of our B2B2B tomorrow and received this tonight in the cabin:

image.thumb.jpeg.5aee9f421493c5ae773d17b07bcea235.jpeg

My favorite part - "Trust Us".  Somehow betraying your customers by changing the rules after they have paid is not grounds for Trust.  It IS grounds for cancellation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rosevew said:

Avge price for 2 people - one bottle of wine $60, one each spec coffee $20, grats $32, one each cocktails $25, at just that level you are almost at the cost. In fact, it's more than the cost of plus package where you could have those drinks with wine by the glass instead of the bottle.

In our case we bought wine by the bottle for $36 .. promotion on a lot of wines 40% discount .. coffee $3.50 .. cocktails $8 at the Elite cocktail 2hours but otherwise $10.  But .. not all .. not every day.  A bottle of wine last two days.  Coffee in the buffet was very good 👍🏻.  It’s easy to get into the mentality .. we’ve bought it so let’s use it to justify the spend when in reality you just don’t want to drink that much and wouldn’t otherwise. Same with premier dessert ice cream Sundays .. they are so large it’s ridiculous to think you could want two!    Wine by the glass is no where near the same quality and can only be ordered by generic .. merlot .. Chardonnay .. etc.  cost $10 plus service.  Bar prices are inflated to again justify the cost of a package.  $19 plus service for champagne .. a glass!  Only included with premier.  We took half bottles onboard.  Room service will deliver an ice bucket and glasses .. wonder if that will now cost $5 too!  

15 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

In our case we bought wine by the bottle for $36 .. promotion on a lot of wines 40% discount .. coffee $3.50 .. cocktails $8 at the Elite cocktail 2hours but otherwise $10.  But .. not all .. not every day.  A bottle of wine last two days.  Coffee in the buffet was very good 👍🏻.  It’s easy to get into the mentality .. we’ve bought it so let’s use it to justify the spend when in reality you just don’t want to drink that much and wouldn’t otherwise. Same with premier dessert ice cream Sundays .. they are so large it’s ridiculous to think you could want two!    Wine by the glass is no where near the same quality and can only be ordered by generic .. merlot .. Chardonnay .. etc.  cost $10 plus service.  Bar prices are inflated to again justify the cost of a package.  $19 plus service for champagne .. a glass!  Only included with premier.  We took half bottles onboard.  Room service will deliver an ice bucket and glasses .. wonder if that will now cost $5 too!  

Never seen any promotions on bottles of wine when we've been onboard.

16 hours ago, JJMD said:

Thank you posting the letter and enjoy your cruise...we're sailing on Enchanted in Jan.  If you have the time and it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you kindly post photos of the new Prix Fixe Menus at the Pizzeria, Pub and Terrace for all to see?  Thanks! 

6 hours ago, rosevew said:

Never seen any promotions on bottles of wine when we've been onboard.

If you have plus or premier you get 25% discount on bottles if the wine you want is not available by the glass