Princess Plus bought before recent announcements

Marronnier

We are new to Princess (only one Princess cruise many years ago). We booked our cruise well over a year ago and had the old Plus package. We have been told that for $10/day/person we could upgrade, but don’t HAVE to. I can’t even eat the desserts and the other stuff doesn’t interest us so we chose not to. We were also told that our drinks will be allowed up to $12. That’s where I’m a bit confused, as others that have sailed with our same package had a $15 max. I guess we shall see! 

I think I’m glad that this will be our second and last Princess cruise. They make things so confusing 😂

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We are new to Princess (only one Princess cruise many years ago). We booked our cruise well over a year ago and had the old Plus package. We have been told that for $10/day/person we could upgrade, but don’t HAVE to. I can’t even eat the desserts and the other stuff doesn’t interest us so we chose not to. We were also told that our drinks will be allowed up to $12. That’s where I’m a bit confused, as others that have sailed with our same package had a $15 max. I guess we shall see! 

I think I’m glad that this will be our second and last Princess cruise. They make things so confusing 😂

Having been on several cruises in the last year and all plus plan holders are allowed up to $15. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We were also told that our drinks will be allowed up to $12. That’s where I’m a bit confused, as others that have sailed with our same package had a $15 max. I guess we shall see! 

If you were to do a mock booking now for a future cruise, it’s saying $15 max per drink

IMG_2668.jpeg

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

Having been on several cruises in the last year and all plus plan holders are allowed up to $15. 

We had the old plan and on the saphire we were charged $2 + 18% on $14 glass of wine. I know a lot of people were not charged for difference on other ships but for some reason they charged us over $12.

18 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

We had the old plan and on the saphire we were charged $2 + 18% on $14 glass of wine. I know a lot of people were not charged for difference on other ships but for some reason they charged us over $12.

Good to know. Thank you! We will also be on the Sapphire so I will expect that $12 will be the max.

• Like 1

So, remember a few pages back, when a poster insisted that he was being charged 1 of his 15 daily allotted drinks when he ordered a specialty coffee at the IC? And the veteran posters kindly explained that coffee did not count, unless perhaps he’d added some Bailey’s?

Well hold on to yourself, Bartlett, you’re suddenly 20ft short. 

I purchased the Plus package in April 2023. Today, I followed the instructions in the letter from Princess (posted just above) in order to access the exact contents of my package. Apparently I’ve been upgraded to the new Plus package; great. 

But the first sentence in the first section indicates that specialty coffee (along with a WHOLE LOT of other beverages) now fall under my 15/day allotment. Only “sodas, juice bar, and tips” are designated as “unlimited.”

Somebody, anybody - - read the punctuation and tell me I’m wrong. 

IMG_4B2CE852CF64-1.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

So, remember a few pages back, when a poster insisted that he was being charged 1 of his 15 daily allotted drinks when he ordered a specialty coffee at the IC? And the veteran posters kindly explained that coffee did not count, unless perhaps he’d added some Bailey’s?

I purchased the Plus package in April 2023. Today, I followed the instructions in the letter from Princess (posted just above) in order to access the exact contents of my package. Apparently I’ve been upgraded to the new Plus package; great. 

But the first sentence in the first section indicates that specialty coffee (along with a WHOLE LOT of other beverages) now fall under my 15/day allotment. Only “sodas, juice bar, and tips” are designated as “unlimited.”

IMG_4B2CE852CF64-1.jpeg

Well, it certainly reads that way. Who knows what anybody is getting once onboard anymore 🤦‍♀️!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

IMG_4B2CE852CF64-1.jpeg

It has been saying that for at least the last 6 months you can ignore it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Well, it certainly reads that way. Who knows what anybody is getting once onboard anymore 🤦‍♀️!

You got that right. Unfortunately it would not surprise me if they started including specialty non-alcohol drinks in the 15 limit. They have been trying to push the packages to include customers that do not consume alcohol. Sad, but  adding something that was included seems to be the way they are going.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

You got that right. Unfortunately it would not surprise me if they started including specialty non-alcohol drinks in the 15 limit. They have been trying to push the packages to include customers that do not consume alcohol. Sad, but  adding something that was included seems to be the way they are going.

Don’t trusts wordage on the app. Look at the website description of plus. It specifically says 15 alcohol drinks. The app has had that wordage for months

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

IMG_4B2CE852CF64-1.jpeg

Why trust the buggy App?  The bible for Princess policy is on Princess.com.  If you go there and delve into beverage packages, you can read all of the detail T&C for the packages and it very clearly indicates that the 15 per day count (6am - 6am) applies to alcoholic beverages.  Period.  Full Stop (for the Brit's in the crowd).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, villauk said:

The App language is probably written by some techie who doesn't structure English well.  This wording ought to be supplied carefully from the business side.  I don't understand how PCL works, but seems to me IT does a lot of things without strong business side oversight (and perhaps they don't have people who know how to manage IT project work).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

10 hours ago, memoak said:

10 hours ago, LouCoop said:

9 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Good to know. Thank you! We will also be on the Sapphire so I will expect that $12 will be the max.

I believe PCL has been quite clear about this.  When the packages went up to $60/$80, all beverages went up in price pretty much.  Guests who get $15/drink max are getting pretty much the same as they would have got at $12/drink before prices went up (is the idea).  You should be fine to $15/drink even on the old $50 package.  This is to more-or-less keep you whole.

I agree with @memoak.

Now, here is where there can be a difference.  Any guest foolish (due to wasting money compared to Plus cruise fare) enough to purchase the standalone drink package could find themselves with the old per drink spend limit.  This is because the T&C for the standalone beverage package mentions the old $12 max.  Is this just another Princess error in website info not being complete, correct, and up-to-date - OR - were they intending not to give the same courtesy (if I can say that) to standalone package holders?

Anyway, with the Plus Cruise Fare package, the drink spend max is $15/order.  IMO, guests should not be accepting this and show ship mgr or Guest Services website info.  Or ask them to show you Company policy where it should be $12.  Perhaps some ships are confused between what to do for Plus Cruise Fare versus Plus Standalone Beverages.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 10:05 AM, rosevew said:

Never seen any promotions on bottles of wine when we've been onboard.

This was recent Island Princess sailing 26th July. 👍🏻  The wines on offer changed each evening.  It meant you could try expensive wines at a more reasonable price.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Why trust the buggy App?  The bible for Princess policy is on Princess.com. 

You mean the website that shows I purchased a package I did not, as opposed to the at app witch they tout as the go to for all things when onboard and a must do for precruise planning 🤔? They have lost trust big time.

• Like 2

I am aware that most people were able to have drinks to $15 on the old Plus package. That was our understanding also. When I became aware of this charge ($2+18%) on our account for a $14 dollar glass of wine I went to GS and asked about it. I don't know if this crew member was new or what but he told us that was because we are on the old Plus and were allowed to a maximum of $12.

We have 2 other cruises with this package, after having read all of your experiences, if this happens again to us we will certainly ask to speak to a manager at GS.

@Steelers36 This is the Plus package we have, we were not foolish enough to buy the standalone drink package!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1