Viking ocean brochures

Astromaid

Almost monthly I get brochures from Viking on their river cruises, and a couple times a year I get a brochure on their expedition cruises. I never get one on their ocean cruises, which is what I am interested in. Does anyone get ocean brochures?

47 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

Almost monthly I get brochures from Viking on their river cruises, and a couple times a year I get a brochure on their expedition cruises. I never get one on their ocean cruises, which is what I am interested in. Does anyone get ocean brochures?

I get a combined one with ocean river and expedition but not a separate ocean one.

51 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

Yes, we just got one a day or two ago! That and emails are how Mr B finds cruises! Sure enuff, there were two in there that tempted him.

And I must confess that’s where I noticed my very first booking code for, I have no idea what it gives me, but for SOMETHING.

Edited by May B

Viking does targeted marketing and no one has been able to figure out the pattern. DW gets all sorts of mailings and emails even though I'm the one making the bookings. I guess their algorithm calculates her demographic is more influential in getting me to book.😂

I suggest you follow the Post Promos thread where people post the latest promo codes and offers.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Viking does targeted marketing and no one has been able to figure out the pattern. DW gets all sorts of mailings and emails even though I'm the one making the bookings. I guess their algorithm calculates her demographic is more influential in getting me to book.😂

I suggest you follow the Post Promos thread where people post the latest promo codes and offers.

Same here, Joe!

But you are right - that Post Promos thread is really quite valuable!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Has anyone here ever seen, in any cruise brochure, a rainy day, a cold day, a rough day?  That should tell you alll you need to know about cruise marketing...😎

Or "pax" who even vaguely resemble us ... 🍺🥌

• Haha 3

I suggest you call Viking and request a brochure for the ocean cruises. There are brochures for locations and also a brochure that covers all the ocean cruises.  Also there is a very good deck plan in the brochures.

I get all the Viking brochures, which I enjoy looking through.

However, I only get emails from them every once in a while.

I receive emails from other cruise lines sometimes every day!

My favorite brochures are Cunard--quite artistic in their publication style.

Every once in a while I would get a magnet from a cruise line, or some other kind of marketing gimmick.

Thank goodness nobody texts me (yet)!!

As an earlier poster mentioned, be careful what you ask for. Once you start receiving them, they seem to arrive several times a month. Viking mails out brochures more often than most of the other cruise lines.

The information in the brochures is readily available on its website. 

The last thick brochure we received from Viking came in very handy. My husband had hurt his lower back after a fall and had the brochure tucked down the waist band of his trousers, which he swore helped him when sitting. I had offered to buy him a back support but he swears by Viking 😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

We always thought the promotional material was a waste of money until………..
About a year ago we went on our first Viking Ocean cruise to Iceland and Norway cruise.  Since this cruise we are continually receiving Viking promotional material.  Well last week we found an attractive cruise from one of the many mailings we get, sometimes several in one week.  Within one day of reading the material we booked a cruise.  Kinda, not in our nature to book a cruise within 60 days of sailing.  However, this was an easy cruise to get to and had free air and a promotional code of ACU23.  You really do not know the amount of the full promotional amount by stateroom, until you enter the code into the fake booking.  Once we entered the code realized the nice reduction,I then researched the air possibilities.  The cruise leaves from Montreal and ends in Fort Lauderdale, on the Star Oct 10.  We will fly in one day early.  Many of the optional tours are already fully booked, however we were able to get all the included tours with no problem.
Summary, I guess the mailings work from Vikings point of view.

• Like 1