Cabin change after check-in

mrmj59

Yes. We had an upgraded from a Sunset Veranda to Aqua. It was easy to do. A few minutes after first seeing our cabin we spoke with the cabin attendant and then with guest services. They showed us a couple of available Aqua cabins. We chose one and said yes. They added a charge to our onboard account and it was done.

I must clarify that this was soon after cruising resumed after Covid so the ship was only about half occupied and so there were many spare cabins.

• Like 1

I do it all the time.    If a desired room in the same sub-classification becomes available I just call my agent and he swaps out the room.

If a room comes available in a higher classification than you purchased by at least $1.   You can "Upgrade" for the difference in prices.   

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Lately the ships I have been on were sold out at sailing. 

Even during a sell out, there's a 99% chance at least a few people don't show up for various reasons and do not plan on joining mid-stream / at a later port

we were able to switch from a midship cabin   due to the  terrible noise and vibration from DJ and dancing during sailaway  ..it was intolerable

they came  asap to see and hear, agreed with us  and offered a change  ..same category further forward.. we jumped on it and moved right way!  much quieter location .  glad we did it!

3 hours ago, hcat said:

never knew folks can do that esp with the  move up program in place..guess it never hurts to ask...

Some TAs (ie, big box) don't participate in Move Up.  OP hasn't shared if the request is lateral or an upgrade.