Thomas Keller bar on Quest?

Dunnedg

We have a few Seabourn cruises under our belt but always on Ovation and Encore. Our favourite bar on board Ovation/Encore is the TK bar enjoying great grown up cocktails and listening to the piano player/singer.  Our next trip is on Quest and I understand the TK bar on that ship is very small.  Can you drink in the TK bar on Quest when not dining or is really only for diners in the restaurant?

There is really only a tiny bar with about 4 seats right the bar in TK on the Quest.  It is not a bar area like on the larger ships with tables and a piano player.  I have not seen people there except those waiting briefly for their table.

• Like 3

You can get a TK specialty drink (love the Old Cuban) on the Quest and take it elsewhere.  I did that several times and the bar tender was very accommodating.  I don't remember chairs at the bar, rather a couple at the entrance for those waiting to be seated to dine.

Jackie

• Like 2

In reality, the TK "bars" on the Odyssey-class ships are not really bars, they're purely ornamental.  You don't sit there and you don't get served there. 

On the other hand, the TK bars on the Ovation-class ships are good-sized, comfortable lounges with exceptional service.

Edited by skybluewaters
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skybluewaters said:

In reality, the TK "bars" on the Odyssey-class ships are not really bars, they're purely ornamental.  You don't sit there and you don't get served there. 

On the other hand, the TK bars on the Ovation-class ships are good-sized, comfortable lounges with exceptional service.

Your description is correct--ornamental bars.  

On the Quest now and there are no seats at the TK bar.  We have never seen anyone standing at that bar which is primarily used to handle the needs of the TK Grill.  There would be room for a few bar stools, but they would impede traffic flow near the grill entrance.

13 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

On the Ovation class, are the bars designed for the TK diners that evening, or for anyone onboard?  On Quest there was, as mentioned, no such thing and it was our first SB cruise. 

In my opinion, best bar on Ovation and Encore. Sit at bar or at tables. Not for TK diners only. Pianist/singer plays in the evening. 

• Like 1

To - hopefully - finally clarify the difference between the 3 smaller older ships and the Ovation and Encore,  TK on the original three was originally (I think, correct me) called Restaurant Two, until SB appointed TK to run his own restaurant there.  It needed a lot of alteration, and is on the same deck as the Colonnade.  The galley had to be altered for some sort of special oven he insisted on, etc.  If you look at the deck plan, it is very much smaller than the ones on the new ships, with no room for people to sit and have drinks before dinner.