Can’t Edit Move Up Bid in Pending Status

DisneyJim

I submitted move up bids for several different suite categories on an upcoming cruise.  I noticed when viewing my bids about a week ago that the status of one bid is Pending while the others are showing Expired.  The one bid that’s in pending status can’t be edited.  There do not appear to be any suites available in that category, but there are other suite categories available, including some that I submitted bids for.  Unless a last-minute cancellation comes in, it would seem that an upgrade is a longshot at this point, but curious if anyone had a similar experience?

16 hours ago, DisneyJim said:

I submitted move up bids for several different suite categories on an upcoming cruise.  I noticed when viewing my bids about a week ago that the status of one bid is Pending while the others are showing Expired.  The one bid that’s in pending status can’t be edited.  There do not appear to be any suites available in that category, but there are other suite categories available, including some that I submitted bids for.  Unless a last-minute cancellation comes in, it would seem that an upgrade is a longshot at this point, but curious if anyone had a similar experience?

I had one of my bids pending (&frozen) while others expired in a ‘sold out ‘ sailing . Two weeks later it was accepted. Email first notified me. C card payment not taken until a few days later. My TA notified and new invoice sent to her. 

22 minutes ago, killarneylady said:

I had one of my bids pending (&frozen) while others expired in a ‘sold out ‘ sailing . Two weeks later it was accepted. Email first notified me. C card payment not taken until a few days later. My TA notified and new invoice sent to her. 

We sail in 11 days, our cruise appears to be sold out too, all our bids are still saying pending, how did you know yours was frozen? I’m not very hopeful really x

If you have an app on your phone for the credit card you used to make the bid then be sure you are allowing notifications/alerts for that. Oftentimes the first indicator you've won a bid is the arrival of a charge on your credit card. I got a pop-up for the amount of my bid on my phone and that's how I knew I'd had my bid accepted! The e-mail didn't arrive until a few days later, although I was able to go to the bids page and see it had been accepted after seeing that charge.

Edited by karmamule

Thanks for your insights and optimism.  I think the chances are slim that I'll win an upgrade at this point as the bids have been locked for 10+ days with all but the one bid in an expired status.  The one pending bid is still frozen and doesn't allow any modifications.    

Hello,

You are likely to be 'winning' even if so far you have not 'won'.

Don't forget you/we are dealing with two separate companies not 100% linked. When you may have 'won' on Plusgrade's system, that fact needs to be given to X that then has to do all the necessary admin/paperwork near enough equivalent to a new booking and 'cancelling' your existing booking and letting you know.

When/if X ever produces its own upgrade IT system (God help us!), all of this should be instantaneous and seamless.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DisneyJim said:

Thanks for your insights and optimism.  I think the chances are slim that I'll win an upgrade at this point as the bids have been locked for 10+ days with all but the one bid in an expired status.  The one pending bid is still frozen and doesn't allow any modifications.    

Same happened to me and I got the upgrade. Keep the faith! 

• Like 2

I have been seeing Airlines using the same BidUp type offers.

Just did a Swiss Air flight where our Bid for a move from Premium Econ. to Bizz class was accepted 3 days before the flight.

I guess these BidUp providers are working with cruise lines and airlines because They do all the processing and get a cut from the cruise line or airline who Do Not have to administer the program.

• Like 1