Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 32

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, August 7 and Sunday, August 13.

August. A big smile to those who posted last week. Condolences to those who didn't get a chance to shoot and post. May your next week bless you with the opportunity to get out and enjoy photography.

(Posting images is acceptable proof of enjoyment.) 

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

I love iced tea.  I have a brewer, like a coffee pot but with no heating element under the pot to keep it hot.  This morning I took the top off the pitcher and put it down on the counter to pour the tea into the pitcher I keep in the fridge.  This is the design that was left on the counter...image.thumb.jpeg.8b9edc0dfb458cf0a104ee13e5f802df.jpeg 

Keeping with the theme, a big smile to those who post this week!

Vic

Edited by Victress2007
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Below is a small sampling as to what can be seen and experienced in this historic city of Quebec City with so much going back to the early 1600's, its walled old city, cobblestoned streets and much more.  

For those visiting, Quebec City is a location meriting added time as there is so much charm and character here.  Below is only a small, tiny sampling for our first afternoon here. 

Much of the history is about the French vs. the British.  Lots of military, architecture, culture, etc., differences and contrasts here that makes everything so interesting. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 244,893 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1896175-solstice-live-australianzhawaii-many-pix’s-jan-20-feb-3/

Here is a small sampling for the architecture, fun, sights in and around Quebec City.  Notice the flowers?  They are spectacular!!  Great, amazing gardens and buildings. Many shopping and dining options.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.d56b8eb24958be778e1c34d7fcede63d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.51ba81cde549bbbec2adb0fbb444b28c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.07d1debf554f9c3f13860beb99124cd9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb6f77213b795ed7b1bba778cb1a85b9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0e82fa9291d92087272638ad4589cd35.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d38268054b5c66d35078f8261101a477.jpeg

• Like 6

I’m not completely sure whether Darling Daughter Kassi asked me if I would do or told me that I was doing the group photos and event poster for the ice rink’s annual production show, but the truth is, I would have said yes if asked. Not because it sounded fun, but because if I did it, there would be no expense entry for “photographer” in the spreadsheet covering the income form the annual fundraiser which will benefit Granddaughter Jackie. The line entry for Graphic Designer turned out to be the real act of fiscal kindness. What a chore. I am not one to run from a challenge, but after 20 or so hours of producing the fourteen individual group photos and assembling the final poster, I regret the lack of cardio in my daily routine that might have enabled that run.

Another Labor of Love

2023-32AnotherLaborofLovejpg.thumb.jpg.af7a8140f96f41260c8bc1e5397ec9da.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

On 8/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Let's see who pays the most from their local gas stations ...

IMG_2761.jpg

I don't think I'm going to complain about mine--it's a little more than half that. Are you in northern or southern (where HIlary is probably jacking it up)?

59 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I don't think I'm going to complain about mine--it's a little more than half that. Are you in northern or southern (where HIlary is probably jacking it up)?

No problems with the weather where we live  ... went up again yesterday ... $6.59 for the cheap stuff

1 minute ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

No problems with the weather where we live  ... went up again yesterday ... $6.59 for the cheap stuff

That is crazy. Ours is going up too, but this is one race I'm happy to lose.

On 8/20/2023 at 9:50 PM, PurpleHays said:

That is crazy. Ours is going up too, but this is one race I'm happy to lose.

In Central Ohio right now, the gas prices are roughly running around $3.43 to $3.59.  Sounds much better than in California??  

Got back late last week from five wonderful days in Quebec City.  First time there and enjoyed it so very much.  Below are some added visuals from that first day.  More to be posted on the Week 33 thread.  

Plus, below is the Flickr link for many more visuals from Quebec City, plus a link for late last summer doing the wonderful Canada Maritimes.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Canada 2022/2023: Scenic visuals, details from Canada Maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island).  Plus, new from Aug. 2023, exploring historic/charming Quebec City.    Visual/Info Summaries:

www.flickr.com/photos/196555480@N08/albums

This Quebec City Fairmont Le Château Frontenac Hotel is the most photographed in the world and is exciting to experience from many different angles.  It was built by the Canadian Pacific Railway and first opened in 1893. It twice hosted Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt for World War II planning.  Second is part of the nearby Place d'Armes.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.e7c1cbba0adb50e53e73fa1b1d0445d4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ed705e12eb0b6ee2b3d104a7b35627a2.jpeg

Quebec City is the Capital of this key Canada Province and their Parliament Building is most impressive with its classic architecture.:

image.thumb.jpeg.079368f6b3f792e96e54c98a88f2cb24.jpeg

The flowers are amazing in Quebec City, including in front of this classic building that is part of their art museum complex and near a park with its Joan of Arc statute.  Third is our first meal there, including a wonderful Alaska Salmon Chowder.  Love seafood!!:

image.thumb.jpeg.434ebf1a14f087c73f2e91a919f2e931.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b17b7a48f1147e1725b9268de02c663d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8912fc4846c0552cd4dc44cf6a10a2df.jpeg

• Like 4