QN: Upgrade Plus to Premium onboard using OBC?

BaliThai

1 minute ago, BaliThai said:

I booked my cruise with the Plus package ($60 version). I have quite a bit of OBC, and was curious, can I use the OBC to upgrade from the Plus package to Premium when I board? Thank you!

yes

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BaliThai said:

I booked my cruise with the Plus package ($60 version). I have quite a bit of OBC, and was curious, can I use the OBC to upgrade from the Plus package to Premium when I board? Thank you!

Yes, you’ll see crew all around asking if you have the package or if you want to UG.  You can also do it on OceanNow app once OB.

• Like 2

We're in the same boat, pardon the pun, tons of OBC and wanting to upgrade from Plus to Premier for our October trip. Is there any benefit at all to upgrading now, via the web site or app, vs waiting until we board?  Could the upgrade cost go UP between now and boarding time for instance? It's my understanding that if we did upgrade now and pay the cost as shown on the Princess Upgrade site, we could stop at Guest Services upon boarding and have the credit card charge reversed and apply the OBC instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

We're in the same boat, pardon the pun, tons of OBC and wanting to upgrade from Plus to Premier for our October trip. Is there any benefit at all to upgrading now, via the web site or app, vs waiting until we board?  Could the upgrade cost go UP between now and boarding time for instance? It's my understanding that if we did upgrade now and pay the cost as shown on the Princess Upgrade site, we could stop at Guest Services upon boarding and have the credit card charge reversed and apply the OBC instead.

I've heard mixed things about getting a credit card charge reversed - I had asked that about reserving specialty dining ahead of time . . . the answer seemed to be that if I pay via credit card, they would credit it as OBC once on board. Since I have enough OBC at the moment (ha!), I didn't want more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BaliThai said:

I've heard mixed things about getting a credit card charge reversed - I had asked that about reserving specialty dining ahead of time . . . the answer seemed to be that if I pay via credit card, they would credit it as OBC once on board. Since I have enough OBC at the moment (ha!), I didn't want more.

Very good point, thanks, I hadn't looked at it that way.  We definitely don't need more OBC than we already have, so perhaps it is better to just wait until we board. Given all the policy changes and price hikes in recent months, I'm just a bit concerned that P could very well charge us even more for the upgrade once we board, over what they've already quoted us. Note to self: get a printout of the upgrade quote right away ;o)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I would like to know this as well, my cruise personalizer is actually showing less than $60 a day for the plus package right now- $540USD for 10days so I'm afraid the price will go up once I'm on the ship! I also have several hundred in shipboard credit and princess gift cards that I would like to use to pay for it instead of my credit card. 

7 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

I would like to know this as well, my cruise personalizer is actually showing less than $60 a day for the plus package right now- $540USD for 10days so I'm afraid the price will go up once I'm on the ship! I also have several hundred in shipboard credit and princess gift cards that I would like to use to pay for it instead of my credit card. 

With all that OBC and gift cards, I'd wait until onbard and simply pay the upgrade cost.  I definitely wouldn't pay now with the hope that Princess would reverse the credit card charge!

• Like 3