Elite plus Wi-Fi question

sdnich

I apologize if this question has been answered. They are having their flash sale that ends today and I was looking at the premium Wi-Fi for one device . The cost comes out to $45. My question is we are elite plus and curious if I really need to upgrade the Wi-Fi since it comes with 240 minutes already? We are not people who have to be on it all the time .But we have 5 days at sea and not sure if we will go through those minutes before we arrive in Hawaii.Our ATT plan will cover it after that.

cheers

21 hours ago, gold1953 said:

The free wifi is premium and easy as you just open email , log off read email, type reply and log in to send!. 

If you are in doubt activate 1 account only and follow the above procedure. When your first 240 minutes are used you will be able decide whether the second 240 will be sufficient or whether you will need to use the second to upgrade to a full package for the remaining few days. We have no ever needed to upgrade the 240 times 2 has always been enough.

Depending on usage, the free minutes may work for you.    Way back in time I use to only use the free minutes.    If just using to send and receive e-mail you need to be frugal and plan you usage.   By plan I mean -  Log on and download your e-mail then immediately log off.    Go through your e-mail offline and answer those you wish or create new outgoing email and save.    Log back on and press -  Send/Receive.     As soon as completed log off.

Only warning is make sure you log off each time or.....BAM  all your minutes will be gone.

As others have suggested -  try out your fee minutes and if you have burnt through them too fast then you can sign up for one account upgrade (which will be discounted around mid-cruise.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:13 AM, sdnich said:

I apologize if this question has been answered. They are having their flash sale that ends today and I was looking at the premium Wi-Fi for one device . The cost comes out to $45. My question is we are elite plus and curious if I really need to upgrade the Wi-Fi since it comes with 240 minutes already? We are not people who have to be on it all the time .But we have 5 days at sea and not sure if we will go through those minutes before we arrive in Hawaii.Our ATT plan will cover it after that.

cheers

We have done several transAtlantics, of 13-14 days, as Elite Plus and never ran out of minutes. They usually start out with 7-8 sea days.

Thanks for the info!  I’m going to go with the minutes that we have and if needed, we will just purchase more later. We don’t plan on sending pictures just emails and text to check in with the family.