Is the quality still with O or has it also been hit with the penny pinching of other cruise lines?

chromered7

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Does Oceania regularly  serve lamb dishes in the GDR for lunch or dinner ?

IE: Rack, leg, chops, curry ?

Baby lamp chops for breakfast in GDR

I am not a big breakfast eater  so have not tried them

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Just off Regatta.

Not a deal breaker, but...

Noticed at GDR breakfast, little "fruit preserves" jars are now "fruit spreads".

See USDA if interested in the difference.

Pre covid   I always saw  Jam  

DH likes marmalade

never noticed preserves in the jars

6 hours ago, jackdeb said:

I remember the ‘ jam’ being Bon Maman with the red and white gingham lids. Has this changed to something like Smuckers fruit spread?

No, they were not Bon Maman, which is a fine brand that we really like.

Sorry, don't remember brand, but lids had photo of each fruit type.  Should have snapped a pic.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 5:30 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

The strange part of this practice is that when I was growing up in the US I never saw olive oil with the bread in an Italian restaurant. It is something that starting appearing quite a few years ago, and then became almost a requirement. I wonder if part of the reason is to compensate for ordinary bread; if the bread is good enough... well, then it's enough.

Having said that, I'm a sucker for it! Especially if it has some spices (I know, another even worse departure). With ordinary bread, at least. 🙂

Just remember that the best bread 🍞 in Italy is from France. Wonderful nation, great dishes but not noted for their bread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/9/2023 at 1:12 AM, kreastman said:

So many comments about the hard-to-get Medium Rare. Is it better to order Rare and hope for Medium Rare, rather than end up with Medium or Medium Well and have to send it back? Has anyone ordered Rare and had it arrive actually too rare?

In restaurants, shoreside or otherwise, I always order rare for medium rare. And I always get medium rare!

3 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

In restaurants, shoreside or otherwise, I always order rare for medium rare. And I always get medium rare!

Just off Regatta, Dined 2 times in PG.  Ordered NY sirloin, medium, both nights.  Arrived medium, just to my preference.  Both cuts, thick, tender and excellent flavor.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BSR said:

Dining in Toscana tonight.  Any recommendations?

Dover sole, filleted table side.  Had it on Regatta, just perfectly cooked and filleted.  No broken pieces!  Don't usually order fish there, but happy I did.  

1st night, wheel of Reggiano was almost finished.  Was pleased to see a new one on next reservation night.  The King of Italian Cheeses.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

Just off Regatta. Ordered rare ribeye in Polo and it arrived between rare and medium rare, so I was happy. It was a pretty thin cut, though; didn't seem like it could have been the advertised 20 oz. Ordered the Queen's cut prime rib another time in Polo and it was properly medium rare, but also seemed thin and not 16 oz. as the menu indicated. I wonder whether thinner cuts is a new, economizing trend.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

@kreastman

Just off Regatta.  1st night in PG, sharing, the husband ordered prime rib, queen cut, rare.  A huge slab, like 2+ inches thick arrived, rare.  Definitely 16 oz or more.  He really enjoyed it.

2" thick sounds like the King's Cut—perhaps they gave him that by mistake. The Queen's Cut I received was less than 1/2" thick. Maybe they thought I wasn't hungry...

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2023 at 10:14 AM, sunlover12 said:

We did however notice that their 7 layer Belgian Chocolate Cake was only 5 layers.

This is just terrible.

I could tolerate an overcooked steak and pathetic stir fry, but taking 2 layers from the cake is a deal breaker for me and especially for my wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

49 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

This is just terrible.

I could tolerate an overcooked steak and pathetic stir fry, but taking 2 layers from the cake is a deal breaker for me and especially for my wife.

If you cut it in half and stack the two pieces you now have a ten-layer cake. 

That's even better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3