Dutch Cafe - HAL ships

cruisepro19

Does anybody have a list of HAL Cruise Ships that have the Dutch Cafe?  I know the Niew Statendam does, but wondering which others do?  Was a HUGE fan of this spot on the Niew Statendam when cruising with them last Fall 2022.  A great spot for a casual lunch, quick snack & drink, and a great spot to rest and re-group after an excursion.  

Thank you all in advance!

If you like the Dutch food it is also served in the MDR at lunch time.  The only place to get the profiterole is the cafe though.  That is my special treat if I walk more than 10 miles while in port 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dutch cafe has the best coffee on the ship IMO.  I have tried the specialty coffee on lido & in Explorations- neither compare to the service & taste I get from the Gr Dutch Cafe.  Their yogurt parfait is really good too.  I wish they would roll out a Gr Dutch in the lido area on the other ships, it is so popular, it'd be a good money maker & crowd pleaser.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, teh3505 said:

Is there a cost at the Dutch Cafe?

Yes, the coffee drinks and beers have a cost or use of your drink package. The fresh food items are complimentary!  (I noted "fresh food" including cooked food, because I noticed they do have some packaged Dutch snacks or candy for sale as well.)

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

Just off Rotterdam.  Dutch Cafe had good coffee and other treats, but the poor service in the morning was a total turn-off.  Waiting behind ten or so people in line to get coffee was acceptable, but the unsmiling faces and staff that at most we just doing their job was not pleasant. 

9 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

Just off Rotterdam.  Dutch Cafe had good coffee and other treats, but the poor service in the morning was a total turn-off.  Waiting behind ten or so people in line to get coffee was acceptable, but the unsmiling faces and staff that at most we just doing their job was not pleasant. 

This was the same on the Koningsdam last year. long lines, few servers. One regular, agressive, unfriendly server, one who seemd afraid of the pax. Both could have used some personality training. Officers like their morning coffee and certainly add to the lines sometimes.  Overall, the Dutch Cafe had great food except none of the evening goodies (spring rolls, etc).

Edited by SilvertoGold

11 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

Couldn't possibly be because there were 10 or so people in line and they were running their tails off to keep it from being 20 or 30 could it? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Eh.. We all have bad days. And who knows how many , let’s say challenging customers have been in the line that morning.  If the coffee/ espresso drink is good and they get my order right, I’m good….

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

My only experience with Gr Dutch cafe is N Statendam, but we had really friendly efficient servers there.  Hopefully your experience is an isolated one.  There was usually a line, but it moved quickly.

• 2 weeks later...