*LIVE* from the Voyager: August 12-26, 2023 Reykjavik to Southampton

WNcruiser

We did the Golden Circle tour last year and it was spectacular!!!  Your beautiful photos brings back all the great memories.  We sailed on Navigator around Iceland and had an overnight in Reykjavik as well as 3 other ports.  It was a wonderful cruise.  Looking forward to following you on yours.  

• Like 2

An absolutely gorgeous day in Reykjavik! The sun is shining and we are onboard the beautiful Voyager. Check in was fast and right on the ship at 11.30. Currently having a glass of wine at the back of La Veranda waiting for lunch to open. Ready for a fantastic cruise. So happy to be back on Regent. 

IMG_2290.jpeg

• Like 6

So here’s the deal. I am happy to show lots of pictures of the food, but please don’t judge me 😂. Life is short and I like to eat. Here is my dessert sampler from lunch. Oreo parfait, fruit tart and mango ice cream. 

IMG_2293.jpeg

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

So here’s the deal. I am happy to show lots of pictures of the food, but please don’t judge me 😂. Life is short and I like to eat. Here is my dessert sampler from lunch. Oreo parfait, fruit tart and mango ice cream. 

I am trying to lose a few pounds before my next cruise and now this 🙃, but it looks great and no judgement here. Have a great cruise, your photos are lovely.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Lol, love your pics, but lucky for me I don’t really like most of the desserts on the ship except the soufflé and some of the cookies.  Enjoy! 

Ok, I’ll make sure to find a soufflé for you. 

• Haha 2

Good morning from Isafjordur. Nothing but sun and blue sky. Sorry I couldn’t post last night but the internet was extremely slow. We had dinner in Sette Mare last night and ran in to one of our favorite head waiters, Teghu. It’s always nice when crew recognize you. The antipasti and appetizers were great, as well as the desserts. The veal chop looked much better than it tasted, it was very dry and in desperate need of more sauce and cheese. Of course they apologized many times and offered us a different entre but we declined. 
antipasti, appetizers of prosciutto and melon, Parmesan tart with meatballs, caprese, roasted garlic and the veal chop. 

IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

• Like 1

We were having an after dinner drink in the observation lounge and saw several whales just in front of the ship. The sun doesn’t set until around 10:00 PM. The photo is zoomed in so not the best quality but you can see the tail.

IMG_2325.jpeg

• Like 14

You might get sick of hearing this the next 2 weeks but we had a great day today in Isafjordur. I woke up and opened the blinds to a huge fjord right outside our balcony. After breakfast headed to Dynjandi falls and I made it to the top which wasn’t easy between my desserts and drinks from yesterday. Spectacular scenery all around the area with waterfalls, streams and fjords as far as the eye can see. It was close to 70F/18C today and they said it was the nicest day they have had all Summer. 

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

• Like 6

Looks like a great cruise in spectacular Iceland !  Just to make you aware in case you haven’t been informed, there is Covid on board. We are friends with a couple that are currently on board and in quarantine after testing positive. We feel so bad for them, especially since they got another booster a few weeks ago. Please be careful , stay healthy and enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

I'm happily following this post.  We will be boarding the Voyager in Southampton on Aug. 26 right after you disembark. So please, please leave us some ice cream!  Seriously, though, I'll be interested in all of the photos of the ship and the food.  Your itinerary looks great.

10 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Looks like a great cruise in spectacular Iceland !  Just to make you aware in case you haven’t been informed, there is Covid on board. We are friends with a couple that are currently on board and in quarantine after testing positive. We feel so bad for them, especially since they got another booster a few weeks ago. Please be careful , stay healthy and enjoy the cruise.

Was not aware of that. There hasn’t been a word about Covid since we embarked. I haven’t even heard a sneeze or a cough from anyone. I hope they get released quickly to enjoy the rest of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Well I jinxed myself talking about the ships horn 🙄 Last night around 10 PM we started heating the ships horn every minute. I looked outside and we were in thick dense fog. The horn continued until about 4 AM so needless to say I didn’t get much sleep. 

We are on deck 10 so we could hear it very clearly. Getting ready to head out to Godafoss falls and Myvatn nature baths. Another day of blue sky in Akureyri. 

Edited by WNcruiser

12 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

sorry about your friends - hope they get well soon.  

Were they by chance on the previous segment as well? (Copenhagen-Rekjavik)

• Thanks 1

I know it’s only 1 case on REGENT but I am starting to hear more about people testing positive for COVID on various cruise lines. We have 2 family members that contracted COVID on a Viking river cruise just a week ago.