The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 10th, 2023

richwmn

15 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. My DH is due to be discharged from the hospital today and going to a rehabilitation facility. He is on the road to recovery after a brain bleed, blood infection a d fever. It’s been over a week in the hospital so this is good news.Now, if we could prevent another fall all things could continue in the right direction.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Great news! Continued prayers. 🙏 

15 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

image.png.a4d6743530892e7767195013a4e5d429.png

3-4. 👍

12 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good Morning to All!  Quick read and post this morning.  Today is my very first day of subbing.  6th grade.  I don't think I have been this nervous for years!  

My thoughts for those in Lahaina and everyone else on the care list.  Cheers to those sailing and celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

How was your first day? 

• Like 10

Good evening.  At 9:45 it is still 96F outside.  This weather is beginning to get ridiculous.  Tonight we had fish and chips cooked in the air fryer, but instead of peas, we had hushpuppies.

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. I'm back from my appointment and was still fasting until about 3:15. I'm going off my cholesterol med and see how I feel in the next 2-3 weeks. After that, I may then go back on one that I tolerated pretty well, taking it 3 days a week. There's a new drug that's a precursor of a statin and doesn't cause the muscle aches, but of course it's very pricey. Then when I went for bloodwork, it took 3 sticks to get what was needed!

@cruising sister I've been meaning to ask how Molly is doing.

@RMLincoln Thanks. I do use Benefiber daily. I took RYR years ago, and there was a reason I stopped, but I can't remember why! He told me I'm high risk due to some calcium seen in the coronary arteries, so they want the numbers down, but not for me to feel unwell from the treatment.

@Quartzsite Cruiser You and DH are quite the auto team! Many years ago I had a friend who'd been an auto mechanic in his old life, and we used to work on my car. These days I pay someone else to do it, lol.

@Sharon in AZ @kplady Thanks for the photos.

DH has always worked on our cars for the most part.  Until hIs recent medical problems, my job was gofer, flashlight holder, instruction reader, etc.  Last year, I helped change the sparkplugs in another car,  but this week was the first time I've done just about all the work.  I'm not sure if I want to make a habit of it.

19 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@catmandoreport.  

He says

Right now I feel fine.

All is good.

2w9q7c.jpg

Annie, thanks for the @catmando report. I hope he continues to feel fine.

Lenda 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

How was your first day? 

I am just going to copy what I posted to my friends on the "other" site:  🙂 

"I made it through the day!! The school's colors are Purple!! (and teal). They matched my nails and glasses. I have decided I am not a fan of 8th graders but 6th are sort of funny. I had a pretty good sub plan and the teacher was the Math and Science teacher, so that was good!! An assembly about their new code of conduct put a crimp in the time but that's ok. Teaching math was FUN and some of them just didn't really get it but started to. BUT the last period was Folklorico dance. The plan kind of stopped in the middle of a sentence. And NOTHING was on the desk relating to this class AT ALL!! Damn!! Ok, I had to really, really wing it. (and I know NOTHING about Folklorico!!) Asked some questions so they gave some answers, had them write down one thing they wanted to know about F, and those that had done it before, what they wanted the newbies to know. Boy was I flying off the seat of my pants here!!
Going to look up some stuff to do tomorrow for this class. I don't blame the teacher at all. You could tell something was missing. Oh well!! The life of a "Guest Teacher"! LOL!!
Another day tomorrow!! My heart rate is no longer pounding out of my chest and I know I can do this. But boy the last 2 days I have been a nervous wreck."

I really had a good time!!
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

@Quartzsite Cruiser  I too hope he continues to feel fine.  He has to drink 3 quarts of water a day with this medicine, so I get to nag  about that.

You have become quite the mechanic, next will be the lights.  And then you can get a job at an auto repair station.

This could be an emoji for "gee that looks really good! Yum"🍴-=🐷

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  I too hope he continues to feel fine.  He has to drink 3 quarts of water a day with this medicine, so I get to nag  about that.

You have become quite the mechanic, next will be the lights.  And then you can get a job at an auto repair station.

This could be an emoji for "gee that looks really good! Yum"🍴-=🐷

Annie, I've handed in my auto mechanic's resignation twice.  Once the car is fixed, the resignation will be final.  As far as the job, two words -- FAT CHANCE!  🤣

Three quarts of water a day!!!  At least, you'll know where to find him.  😉

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

"I made it through the day!! The school's colors are Purple!! (and teal). They matched my nails and glasses. I have decided I am not a fan of 8th graders but 6th are sort of funny. I had a pretty good sub plan and the teacher was the Math and Science teacher, so that was good!! An assembly about their new code of conduct put a crimp in the time but that's ok. Teaching math was FUN and some of them just didn't really get it but started to. BUT the last period was Folklorico dance. The plan kind of stopped in the middle of a sentence. And NOTHING was on the desk relating to this class AT ALL!! Damn!! Ok, I had to really, really wing it. (and I know NOTHING about Folklorico!!) Asked some questions so they gave some answers, had them write down one thing they wanted to know about F, and those that had done it before, what they wanted the newbies to know. Boy was I flying off the seat of my pants here!!
Going to look up some stuff to do tomorrow for this class. I don't blame the teacher at all. You could tell something was missing. Oh well!! The life of a "Guest Teacher"! LOL!!
Another day tomorrow!! My heart rate is no longer pounding out of my chest and I know I can do this. But boy the last 2 days I have been a nervous wreck."

Penny, I'm glad you survived the day and feel better.  Tomorrow should be a better day.

Lenda

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

I couldn’t help giggling a little,  as my DH says grade 8’s are the middle child of the middle schools,  DGD is going into grade 8.    Hope all goes well!  Subbing is tough work! 

• Like 10