WestJet

kayehall

5 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

A quick search of their website and it appears that like many major airlines, tickets are available about 11 months out.  And yes, your credit card will convert to dollars.

Thanks.  I am seeing some Delta  and American flights already offered for June 30, 2024.  But I don't see any flights that code share with WestJet. (which would be with Delta).  I would rather do a WestJet/ Delta combination with 1 stop than just DL or AA with 2 stops.  So I was wondering why WestJet doesn't have their schedule available for June 30th yet.

17 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Thanks.  I am seeing some Delta  and American flights already offered for June 30, 2024.  But I don't see any flights that code share with WestJet. (which would be with Delta).  I would rather do a WestJet/ Delta combination with 1 stop than just DL or AA with 2 stops.  So I was wondering why WestJet doesn't have their schedule available for June 30th yet.

Each airline is different, that is why. There isn't an industry standard on airline schedule releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayehall said:

What airport are you flying from?

I see westjet schedule is only to June 26   maybe wait a week or so  & check again

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

What airport are you flying from?

I see westjet schedule is only to June 26   maybe wait a week or so  & check again

Thanks, I did see that.  I imagine that is why Delta does not have any WestJet connections listed yet for June 30th.  Does anyone know if they are a good, on time airline to fly.  There plane configurations look at bit small as I don't see any first class.  I have reserved them for June 22 to YVR and have paid a small fee to upgrade to the front of the plane.  We are leaving from MYR (Myrtle Beach).

3 hours ago, kayehall said:

Thanks, I did see that.  I imagine that is why Delta does not have any WestJet connections listed yet for June 30th.  Does anyone know if they are a good, on time airline to fly.  There plane configurations look at bit small as I don't see any first class.  I have reserved them for June 22 to YVR and have paid a small fee to upgrade to the front of the plane.  We are leaving from MYR (Myrtle Beach).

Did you book with Westjet or Delta?

I see they have Premium  on that routing  so if you booked Premium it should be  comfortable  up front

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Did you book with Westjet or Delta?

I see they have Premium  on that routing  so if you booked Premium it should be  comfortable  up front

The original booking was with Delta as I used FF points.  However, I had to go to WestJet website to assign seating on the WestJet portion.  I paid a small fee to be seated in the first row on the plane with a bulkhead in front of me.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 6:22 AM, kayehall said:

I fly them all the time.  They are mainstream airline these day.  Flights are generally on time in the summer.  In the winter all airlines in Canada need to deal with weather.   

Your will find the inflight service comparable to the major US Airlines or Air Canada.   

As for the credit cards.  Yes, if you book on the Canadian websites in CDN$, with a US$ credit card the bank will do the conversion to US$.  

When you do the booking on WestJet you can add your Delta loyalty program number to the flight and you will earn with Delta.

In Canada the front Cabin goes by different names than the US.   Air Canada calls it business class.  WestJet calls it Premium.  It basically the same kind of seat as what the airlines in the US call first class with similar service to First in the US.

For WestJet the 737 have 3 premium (aka First Class) rows at the front. 

The WestJet 787 has an international business class. premium cabin and economy.  The 787 mostly operate between Canada and Europe or Japan.  It is very rare they use those domestically or to the US.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:46 PM, kayehall said:

The original booking was with Delta as I used FF points.  However, I had to go to WestJet website to assign seating on the WestJet portion.  I paid a small fee to be seated in the first row on the plane with a bulkhead in front of me.  

If it is row 1-3 it is in the front Cabin.  If it is row 4 it is the bulkhead in front of economy.

We booked through Delta from Atlanta to Vancouver with stop in Toronto. The Toronto to Vancouver flight was on Westjet. When we deplaned in Toronto, we went through customs which was easy. We then had to go through Canadian security. The Westjet kiosks were not working so everyone had to get in line to see agents to get a boarding pass. I won't do that again. The only positive was that customs was easy and when we got to Vancouver we had no remaining hurdles. 

25 minutes ago, Jenhilmc said:

We booked through Delta from Atlanta to Vancouver with stop in Toronto. The Toronto to Vancouver flight was on Westjet. When we deplaned in Toronto, we went through customs which was easy. We then had to go through Canadian security. The Westjet kiosks were not working so everyone had to get in line to see agents to get a boarding pass. I won't do that again. The only positive was that customs was easy and when we got to Vancouver we had no remaining hurdles. 

Does Delta not give you a boarding pass for the  connecting flight?

customs or immigration?

5 hours ago, Jenhilmc said:

I have never had the case where all the kiosks don't work.  That would be terrible.  The airlines these days only have staffing levels assuming most people are self serve ahead of time at home or on the kiosks.

Edited by em-sk

6 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

Westjet does not have online check in and offer mobile boarding passes?

Yes, there is online checkin that gives you a choice to print a boarding pass or e-mail it your phone.  There is also an app that lets you check in online.

My experience with connections.  WestJet checkin (app or in person) usually generates boarding passes for both Delta and WestJet flights.  Delta Check does the same.  The one thing they don't usually get right is passport information.  You usually get called up at the gate and they ask to see that again.

Clearly the OP had a different experience.  That is unfortunate. 

• 4 weeks later...