Flights by Celebrity Payment Question

pkster

I have an upcoming cruise on Celebrity.  I originally booked the cruise on the Celebrity site, but subsequently had the reservation transferred to a certain big box travel agency.  Fast forward about 8 months, and I just booked a flight through Flights by Celebrity on the Celebrity web site.  It was a risk-free fare, and I chose the Pay Later option.  I now see the flight details on the Celebrity site, and I can see it on the airline site as well using the record locator.  What I can't figure out is how do I make the payment for the Flights by Celebrity reservation prior to the cruise final payment date?  I can't find a Flights by Celebrity payment link anywhere on the Celebrity site, and the confirmation e-mail makes no mention of it either.  Does the Flights by Celebrity reservation need to be transferred to the big box travel agency as well???  Thanks in advance.

I have the same situation where my cruise is booked with the TA and I did the FBC booking myself.  If you don't do anything the TA will collect the total balance including the FBC amount.   If you want to pay the flights early to get ticketed and confirm seats then I believe you have to call FBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Sometimes the big box agency needs to refresh your reservation to bring over the FBC info. Just call them and they will do that.  Then you’ll just see one amount as a balance. 

That is the process that I use.  I always pay via the TA along with the Final payment.  I send a note to the TA if the flight information is not on my final invoice.  The only function my TA does with the flights is to add it to my invoice.  I can make change or cancel directly with FBC until the final payment.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Why do you need to pay for the flight before Final Payment?  And if you must, then you should probably contact the travel agency you used to see how to make the payment

I don't need to pay it before final payment.  I just want to be ready when the time comes.  I thought I would be paying the Flights by Celebrity airfare directly to Celebrity, but from some of the other responses it sounds like I need the travel agency to refresh my reservation to include the flights and then make the airfare payment to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Why do you need to pay for the flight before Final Payment?  And if you must, then you should probably contact the travel agency you used to see how to make the payment

wlg - in a few instances, one cannot select seats before the airline receives payment...

bon voyage

• Thanks 1