Sydney airport hotel recommendations

Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for a hotel at Sydney Airport. I have an overseas early flight departure  and think that a hotel at the airport would be better than having to get to the airport in time for an early check-in. I have looked online, but personal recommendation is always helpful.

TIA

I have often used CKS Sydney Airport Hotel at Wolli Creek. It's about 1.5klm from the airport and they run a shuttle. There is also the Novatel in the same street which uses the same shuttle and is a few $$$ dearer. I have also used that one. Both are good.

5 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Rydges Airport Hotel is of very good standard and walking distance to the international terminal.

No fuffing around with shuttle buses in the morning. 

I second Rydges. Just a short walk too, no hassles.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that, if the Rydges looks suitable, to book ASAP.

The place tends to fill up.

Especially during cruise season.

Spend a bit extra to but a flexible rate that allows for cancellation.  In case plans change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, i00762 said:

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport earlier this year before and after our flights to Uluru/Ayers Rock.  Hotel has a dedicated shuttle service in the lobby I believe was $10 each way.

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which has a shuttle service - I think $10 - to the airport. It's very clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. 

On 8/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, resordanis said:

I second Rydges. Just a short walk too, no hassles.

Third for Rydges.  Haven’t dined there yet, because our last few flights have seen us clearing customs, etc. evening, after an in-flight meal.  A few steps with a luggage trolley.  Already booked 2 nights for next year (leaving and arriving).  Novotel, btw, is really good, offering excellent dining. It does partake in a shuttle, but it can be quite full by the time it arrives at the hotel, and once passed right by.  Taxi drivers aren’t so keen on the short ride to the international terminal.

• Like 2

Highly recommend Rydges, a few minutes to terminal. Stayed there a few times, good rooms, bar and bistro, decent food at a decent price.  Join their loyaty club, best rate, 20% off food and a couple of drinks.

Above all enjoy.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3