Essiesmom sails Seaside 8/13 and 8/17, hopefully live…

Essiesmom

On 8/15/2023 at 8:11 AM, Fla Mike said:

Oops, then the Lakers shirt with correctly tilted Yankees cap, (for the women) and the Jimmy's are perfectly acceptable 🙃

@Fla Mike As a Red Sox fan, I would find NO time when a Yankees cap would EVER be considered acceptable. Warmest Amy

fKD5ybToToWas_j0LyEOtw?viewBox=1127%2C845&ownerId=AYPJIH1FE2CEG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Sitting in the shade outside Sports Bar. We are just creeping along, hardly any wake at all.  Came down to buffet and managed to find the sticky buns. Also had a small cheese omelet. I don’t know what kind of white cheese they use but as to taste… it might as well not be there. It was the same with my bespoke omelet. 
  0930 seems to be the time for folks to show up for breakfast. Don’t know if they partied last night, or where. It rained again and beach party was canceled. They said it would be too muddy?  But they did the light show. I didn’t go out to watch but caught it on the bridgecam.  
 I think I can see Miami on the port horizon. Got an invite to the diamond party at 1100. By

IMG_0199.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Right now this is where the action is. One hefty middle aged lady either fell off or over a barstool. Someone else broke something that sounded like it exploded.

Same lady later in the evening, She decided to take the stairs after she broke the elevator panel. (That was the noise you heard).

Capture.JPG

• Haha 3

I will check on this tonight at dinner…but I am not in YC.  
Went to the Diamond reception party and had a nice chat with the finance officer.  I think there might have been 25 there, no idea how many are on board.  Had a nice chat with a local lady from PC, but originally Scotland.  She said she heard next cruise Seashore MDR will be all My Choice.  Need to check that out, too.  
   Went to guest services yesterday to see if they need my boarding pass for tomorrow. The guy said they have a list of B2B, but didn’t look me up.  Supposed to get that envelope…  Wake from my nap to find luggage tags and debark instructions under the door.  Guess I should trudge back to guest services…

IMG_0202.jpeg

IMG_0203.jpeg

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

So we can order 2 or 3 "Classics" and no upcharges?

That's right. 

Also...like Essiesmom, I also don't understand the availability of ashtrays in the "Wellness" bar on the ship...the section is feet away from the nonsmoking section, to make matters worse.

• Like 1

In mdr now. Extra charge is on menu from chefs selection through the entrees, plus on the second page from the Mac & cheese down. 
Also at least on this ship the Seashore mdr will become all My Choice dining for the 3 day cruises only.

IMG_0204.png

IMG_0205.png

• Like 1

I’m super frustrated at this point.  It’s midnight, I’ve been to guest services three times the last two days, and still no envelope or letter of instructions about turnaround day of my B2B.  Yes, I know what has to happen, just not how MSC will orchestrate it.  My bags are packed, the carpet is wet but the storm appears to be over (they were mopping up in the sports bar, too).  My watch and phone are on chargers.

Another extra tidbit, and why this cabin attendant will not get any extra gratuity:  I never opened my mini bar, figured it was stocked with stuff I would have to pay for and didn’t want.  So Wednesday afternoon I opened it.  Nothing to pay for there, but there was an almost empty bottle of water and two plates of cake, birthday or other.  It had writing on it.  I had to call her in and show it to her.  And though I didn’t need them, she never brought a robe/slippers.  Nor any ice.

And a

speaking of ice, the water in the MDR is bottled, Acquaint Panna, and always served room temp, no ice offered.  No water pitchers as in the past.  We do not pay for the water.  

• Like 1

Sorry to learn of your troubles.

We too have had several unnecessary annoyances.  I'm thinking to write a review of my own when we get home.

We are a family of four, traveling in tandem with my brother and my sister in law...and we each have our gripes.

We did book our next cruise today, though, so overall we had a nice time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

the water in the MDR is bottled, Acquaint Panna, and always served room temp, no ice offered.  No water pitchers as in the past.  We do not pay for the water.  

Cool, not paying for Acqua Panna is a nice perk 🙂

With drinks package we had the experience that the waiter tried to serve us some cheaper brands probably MSC told them "Non-Italians dont care". We do. 

Since it was almost 0630 and I was already on deck 5, I decided to go to mdr for breakfast. Express breakfast, eggs over medium. I thought it came with toast. Found out you have to ask for the toast. Oh well, don’t need the carbs anyway  

IMG_0217.jpeg

• Like 2