Essiesmom sails Seaside 8/13 and 8/17, hopefully live…

Essiesmom

2 hours ago, alexmom said:

Bella and I could have had the basic drink package free, but, like a lot of Asians, Bella is allergic to alcohol, so we bought the non-alcoholic drink package.  She is sensitive about not being able to have alcohol so I don't drink when we're traveling together.  Will the non-alcohol package cover espresso at a bar?  I know we plan on hitting up Venchi, and we are aware that there's an uncharge.  Thank you for the information!

I would assume so, since the non-alcoholic beverage package covers all the other non-alcoholic drinks at the bars like sodas...

Essiemom, just read your comment about a cold sore.

Here is an extremely effective way to nip the blisters in the bud (more effective than Abreva and less expensive).

When you start to feel that tingle, dip a Q-tip in plain old chlorine bleach.

Roll the Q-tip across the tingling area (you will know when you hit the right spot).  If you want, reapply again in an hour or two.

It will stop the outbreak in its tracks.  Any blisters that have formed will start to heal.

When Abreva came into the FDA for approval, it was a case of a drug that was minimally effective as it  could shorten the healing process by a day.

However, as there was not a similar more effective treatment on the market, it was approved as that one day might be important to some people.

When I saw the reviewing microbiologist for the Abreva New Drug Application (NDA) , I mentioned the chlorine bleach and q-tip approached.

She rolled her eyes and said she wished she had know about the old home remedy when reviewing the data.

When you were on Ocean Cay, did you notice if people could snorkel with their own gear? I've seen rental packages for snorkel equipment in the shore excursions, but I have a weird shaped face and need glasses, so I bring my own instead of rent.

(The one that involved a boat trip out to a shipwreck isn't about the gear rental, it's about the boat trip. I get that.)

• 2 weeks later...