Essiesmom sails Seaside 8/13 and 8/17, hopefully live…

Essiesmom

My balcony overlooks deck 8 wrap. While I was watching the arrival I saw a young girl in wheelie sneakers rolling along. I thought they were forbidden  .

Approach and arrival. Waited until last moment to do the 180 turn.

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0091.jpeg

• Like 7

Lots of people on balconies on Elation watching for pier runners.  Gangway still out.  She is supposed to leave in 10 minutes.They’ve given one toot and now it is starting to sprinkle.

On our ship a guy upon deck 13 was clapping his shoes together over the railing. I’m sure the folks below on 9 appreciated him.

Just took in gangway nuthatch still open. 
Door now closed. Too bad, so sad…people still watching.  Casting off the lines.

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

Pics of the new welcome center. You pass through and you can go out several places. Or you can go right and browse the colorful booths. In the middle is a hair braiding area. I think they have more shop locations than vendors right now. 

In one of the shops I mentioned staying at the British Colonial Hilton in 2021.  I noticed sailing in that it was under renovation and looks like they removed the pool. She said it is closed and has been sold.

Another cabin pic, of a door lock on balcony doors. It is possibly six feet up. I am 5’3” and it is above my head. 

IMG_0102.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0105.jpeg

IMG_0103.jpeg

• Like 6

I got a paper in the cabin today chastising me for not viewing the safety video. So I again dialed 881, and took the letter down to guest services and asked to be taken off the naughty list. She laughed and promised to take care of it. 
  I am having a hard time determining how many non-North Americans are onboard. I know there are a lot of Spanish speakers, but that would be expected on a cruise from Florida. I know my neighbors forward speak Spanish, and I think those on the other side were speaking French. 
  There are a lot of children but they haven’t been disruptive. 
 I’ve no idea what I am going to do tonight besides eat supper. Show tonight is a comedian and I am not into those. Probably see if the Braves are on in the sports bar or find a quiet place to people watch. 

• Like 3

Marci Gras sailed away so it was time to head to dinner. Tonight’s menu…I had the guacamole with chips  A huge mound and only four chips. Followed by carne asada. Good but a little tough. But I know it’s not a good cut of meat. Then the chocolate ice cream. I don’t know if it usually comes out about three scoops, so all I can say is I’m glad I don’t have to check my sugar again until morning!

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0110.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

• Like 5

I stopped by the photo gallery and bought one of the boarding pics. $25, would have been $40 for all three but I don’t need three. I don’t take good photos any more. A smile just looks like a grimace. Then I went up to buffet and filled up my bottle with iced tea. Now I am in the sports bar watching the Braves handle the Yankees. So far, so good. 
  Some people seem to still be wearing what they wore to the beach. Some ladies in long dresses, but long sundresses and coverups seem to be the style. You can see if they consider themselves ‘dresses’ by their shoes. Others are wearing outfits so short and tight you just hope they are wearing underwear. Oh to not be over 65 again…

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Some people seem to still be wearing what they wore to the beach. Some ladies in long dresses, but long sundresses and coverups seem to be the style. You can see if they consider themselves ‘dresses’ by their shoes. Others are wearing outfits so short and tight you just hope they are wearing underwear.

And this is gala night 😧... Our last cruise on Mera, I wore a White Dinner Jacket, and Lovey was all dolled up. People were actually pointing at us...We were eating it up. 😇

Yes, shoes do make or break the ensemble... A $15.00 Target cover-up and a $975.00 pair of Jimmy Choo's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

We have not had an elegant night, and might not.  Sunday and Monday casual,a tonight suggestion is tropical, as we are at Ocean Cay.  Sea day tomorrow, so we shall see/sea…. EM

Oops, then the Lakers shirt with correctly tilted Yankees cap, (for the women) and the Jimmy's are perfectly acceptable 🙃

• Haha 3

Docked at Ocean Cay. I’m portside so on the wrong side to see the island. Just a nice view of the tug. Lighthouse view is from the bridgecam. 
  Breakfast in the mdr. Eggs Benedict and grilled tomato. One egg too well done, not enough hollandaise sauce. You have to request butter. 

IMG_0113.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 8:36 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Looks neat!  Is Ford’s Garage in Orlando?

It is a large chain with many locations in a few states.  

Food is regular bar food. Nothing special.  We went to the one near us in Dearborn Mi one time.  It is more of a gimmicky type place.   

https://fordsgarageusa.com/find-restaurant/

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

You have to request butter.

Not in the Yacht Club. Had to tell them to take the butter off the table (so as not to waste something we do not use that should be refrigerated for someone else).

Your pictures are stunning.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

While I was taking the first pics on deck 8, there was another lady there taking pics.  When I mentioned it was frustrating having to take through the glass, she didn’t understand.  Turns out she is from Austria and her language is German. My adjectives were a bit beyond her basic survival English.  
    I went up to find Top 19, and it started to rain.  I walked around, and a man came by and went into the YC enclave, opening the gate with his bracelet.  He did t shut the gate behind, but I didn’t go in.  I wandered thru the Aurea bar, and when I came back he was back, sitting down across from the empty bar (the whole place was empty) to smoke.  Is this the smoking area for YC?  At the Aurea bar?  Or was it because the seat was covered?  It was still raining.

There is no gate into Top 19.  Just the same ‘barrier’ I saw in 2019.

IMG_0159.jpeg

IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0151.jpeg

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 3

I went back thru Biscayne Bay buffet and decided to try one of the donuts. Chocolate, of course. It was okay, sort of between a raised and a cake donut. Okay if you are in donut withdrawal. But then I spied the sticky buns.  OMG. Forget the donuts. One sticky is worth a dozen donuts. And they don’t come neatly out of the pan, so trying to extract one you might accidentally get a bit more…

IMG_0160.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Is this the smoking area for YC?  At the Aurea bar?  Or was it because the seat was covered?

We ventured over form YC several times last week, not to smoke, but in search of shade...which the Top 19 area has in spades over the YC area.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Not in the Yacht Club. Had to tell them to take the butter off the table (so as not to waste something we do not use that should be refrigerated for someone else).

Your pictures are stunning.

We always have butter out on the counter at my house..you can't spread it if it's cold.  

Re the review, you are doing a fine job, I like all the pictures.  Sailing Seaside next month.  

I was also enjoying the Braves game last night.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I can't wait to experience Ocean Cay next week! It looks amazing, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. 

Well, here goes.  Being an old lady, I don’t do beaches any more.  My dermatologist is tired of taking divots off my forehead.  Anyway, I had a nap while it finished raining, and went ashore.  I wandered down maybe half the paths, came back and got on the super stretched golf cart transportation and rode the circuit, only seeing a little more than I walked.  It’s quite different from HMC, Princess Cays, Harvest Caye…the sand is more gritty than HMC.  I had water shoes but didn’t stray onto the beach.  Maybe the next cruise when we overnight there.  
  The restaurant was busy, the food trucks not as much.  After my donut and sticky bun splurge there was no need.  There are plenty of beaches, I don’t see how any could get crowded.  I saw more beach wheelchairs, there were scooters on the paths, and I saw a life guard riding a bicycle with beach tires.  
 After the rain it was cloudy with a refreshing breeze everywhere.  Pictures to come when I switch to my phone.

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg

IMG_0166.jpeg

IMG_0167.jpeg

IMG_0168.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

IMG_0176.jpeg

IMG_0177.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

Edited by Essiesmom
Add pictures
  • Like 6

Sitting in the theater waiting for the show

At supper tonight saw two fellas in tank tops. Don’t know if shorts or not

Sat down next to a couple who had already started. She was eating the mussel appetizer, then had Caesar salads then the shrimp risotto and the fish entree. She only ate a couple bites of it. Husband had the steak Diane. After they left, I asked our waiter if they paid for the entree. He said yes, but the fee goes into the work at Ocean Cay. 
 Anyway, I had the wedge salad - sorry, forgot a pic. Then was steak Diane and cheesecake. I was going to try the chicken and waffles until I realized the only sauce was hot honey

IMG_0194.png

IMG_0193.png

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m the sports bar, baseball is Angels at Texas. Also tennis on. There is a fellow at the bar vaping. 
  Looking around it seems some folk thought this should be an elegant night. Others not so much. I had on my tropical dress but got too cold so changed into long pants. 
  Went to the show and froze. At least I chose a better seat. 
  There was a very noisy group in one of the alcoves in the sports bar last night. They are back tonight but not in an alcove. I sat next but moved. I recognized one lady’s cackle. 
  Having my second drink of the cruise: Diet Coke on the rocks with a twist of lime. The first was at the Bearded Clam in Nassau. 
   Right now this is where the action is. One hefty middle aged lady either fell off or over a barstool. Someone else broke something that sounded like it exploded. A table in the corner includes a child not walking yet   He seems to be enjoying his binky. 
  The soap dispenser in my shower does not work. Fortunately the shampoo does. My cabin is very humid, almost 80%. Everything feels damp. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1