Barcelona hotel to cruise ship

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

Recommendations needed for transport from Gaudi Hotel in Barcelona to the cruise terminal to board the Enchanted, Nov. 12. Tia. 

You are really close.  I would just get a taxi and they will take you right to the terminal.  Probably 10 mins max.  Hotel can just call a taxi for you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You are really close.  I would just get a taxi and they will take you right to the terminal.  Probably 10 mins max.  Hotel can just call a taxi for you.

Thank you for such a quick, helpful response. ♡ Do you happen to know if taxis there accept credit card payment?

Edited by 1965

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

Thank you for such a quick, helpful response. ♡ Do you happen to know if taxis there accept credit card payment?

They are required to accept credit cards.  But, I did not ask. Just used Euros, since wanted the best rate.  We do a lot of Med cruises and always get Euros.

ATM’s everywhere at the banks in Barcelona if you need Euros.

• Thanks 1

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Continental (an "experience" in itself) right on La Rambla. We just took a taxi to the port. Not expensive and an easy thing to do. (I'm glad I wasn't the one having to drive in Barcelona!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Continental (an "experience" in itself) right on La Rambla. We just took a taxi to the port. Not expensive and an easy thing to do. (I'm glad I wasn't the one having to drive in Barcelona!)

And their sister… Hotel Continental Palacete is a hoot too.  Fun to stay right at the top of La Ramblas.  Love Barcelona!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Recommendations needed for transport from Gaudi Hotel in Barcelona to the cruise terminal to board the Enchanted, Nov. 12. Tia. 

Taxi.  The front desk will call for a taxi for you.  It will put up right in from of the door!  We have stay at the Gaudi Hotel a few times and that is what we did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, suzyed said:

Taxi.  The front desk will call for a taxi for you.  It will put up right in from of the door!  We have stay at the Gaudi Hotel a few times and that is what we did.

Thank you! 😊 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Have your hotel call you a taxi. That’s the easiest and least expensive option.

We did that in Barcelona but the taxi driver misunderstood and started out taking us to the airport instead of the cruise port. The hotel made the arrangement and the driver spoke no English.

We eventually got him to understand and he was very apologetic. I think if I remember right he even comped the fare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

And their sister… Hotel Continental Palacete is a hoot too.  Fun to stay right at the top of La Ramblas.  Love Barcelona!

We love Barcelona too!  Tell me about your experience at the Hotel Continental.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We love this place!! Just booked it last night for a cruise in next September

15 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We love Barcelona too!  Tell me about your experience at the Hotel Continental.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete, sister hotel to Hotel Continental.

Great location, very interesting rooms, mostly pink and looked very Victorian.  It’s a historical palace.  My sister had a room with 

a little balcony. Included snacks, breakfast, wine, beer.  Just really

different.  Look at their pictures online, you’ll see.  

There are so many hotels

in Barcelona to chose from!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete, sister hotel to Hotel Continental.

Great location, very interesting rooms, mostly pink and looked very Victorian.  It’s a historical palace.  My sister had a room with 

a little balcony. Included snacks, breakfast, wine, beer.  Just really

different.  Look at their pictures online, you’ll see.  

There are so many hotels

in Barcelona to chose from!

We usually stay at the Hotel Gaudi which has a great location just off Las Rambles but always looking for alternates.
Thanks for the info!

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

Love Hotel Gaudi.

Last time I arranged for van transportation to the port for us and an abundance of luggage. Had a Mercedes Van and the driver was prompt and loaded all the bags. All paid for in advance. Good communication from the company. Not the cheapest - 57 euros - but hassle free. I'll probably use them next year again.

https://www.welcomepickups.com/

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We usually stay at the Hotel Gaudi which has a great location just off Las Rambles but always looking for alternates.
Thanks for the info!

Which end of Las Ramblas is the Gaudi nearest? The Columbus Statue or the other end?

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

Thanks for the info!

Hotel Gaudi is closer to the port and a great location especially for first timers.  

We have enjoyed the Gothic Quarter area too.  Hotel Gotico is nice too.  Love to wander around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Hotel Gaudi is closer to the port and a great location especially for first timers.  

We have enjoyed the Gothic Quarter area too.  Hotel Gotico is nice too.  Love to wander around.

I also like it because it's a short walk to a really good Flamenco show and dinner and there is a nice little tapas restaurant a few doors down and the Palau Guell right across the street.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Can you expand on the "experience"... I'm staying there in November 

3 hours ago, suekel said:

Can you expand on the "experience"... I'm staying there in November 

The hotel was accessed via narrow stairs or a very small elevator at street level. There was construction going on (I think) and when we ventured up to higher floors to explore there was emptiness and we actually had an issue finding our way back down! The always available food was "interesting". When going to the outside eating area the floor was "bouncy" and not real stable feeling. There was beer and wine on tap at all times. The room was very pink and had a control panel on the wall for most things. See pics below.

However, I "think" the outdoor dining area has been redone and the upstairs area has been finished. Not certain but "think" I have read that. It was awesome being right there on La Rambla. We loved our time in Barcelona and I'd like to go back again for another stay.  We visited Gaudi Park and the Gaudi House as well as La Sagrada Familia.

One word of caution: If you go wandering through the back streets be sure you have a mapping program or service for your phone or a good memory of where you have turned as you need some way to find your way back. The streets aren't laid out in a grid type of pattern and, after making a few odd-angled turns down side streets it's easy to lose track of where you've gone.

Barcelona Hotel Room Control Panel - Small .jpg

Barcelona Hotel Room -  Small.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The hotel was accessed via narrow stairs or a very small elevator at street level. There was construction going on (I think) and when we ventured up to higher floors to explore there was emptiness and we actually had an issue finding our way back down! The always available food was "interesting". When going to the outside eating area the floor was "bouncy" and not real stable feeling. There was beer and wine on tap at all times. The room was very pink and had a control panel on the wall for most things. See pics below.

However, I "think" the outdoor dining area has been redone and the upstairs area has been finished. Not certain but "think" I have read that. It was awesome being right there on La Rambla. We loved our time in Barcelona and I'd like to go back again for another stay.  We visited Gaudi Park and the Gaudi House as well as La Sagrada Familia.

One word of caution: If you go wandering through the back streets be sure you have a mapping program or service for your phone or a good memory of where you have turned as you need some way to find your way back. The streets aren't laid out in a grid type of pattern and, after making a few odd-angled turns down side streets it's easy to lose track of where you've gone.

Barcelona Hotel Room Control Panel - Small .jpg

Barcelona Hotel Room -  Small.jpg

Memories!  We had those crazy control panels too In the room at the Continental Palacete.

In the Gothic area, you can get lost, so fun though.  

When you go back, do a city tour to see even more and go to Monserrat, it is well worth the visit.

Spaindaytours.com  or Barcelonadaytours.com (same)

Small group tours.

On 8/14/2023 at 12:25 AM, roadster08 said:

We did that in Barcelona but the taxi driver misunderstood and started out taking us to the airport instead of the cruise port. The hotel made the arrangement and the driver spoke no English.

We eventually got him to understand and he was very apologetic. I think if I remember right he even comped the fare. 

If I am planning to pay by card (anywhere in the world) I always ask first.  Who knows if their machine or wifi  might not be working.

When in Barcelona I showed the taxi driver the written instructions from NCL as to which port we were aiming for.  DH is a fluent Spanish speaker (not Catalan) but the driver queried what he had said.  Possibly he thought we might have wanted the marina, so we still felt that it was better for him to see the destination written down.  

• Thanks 1