Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

1 minute ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

You still have the Plus plan (the old  version).

You only need to upgrade IF you want all the "NEW" features, some of which used to be free.

You can also pay for only those things when/if you use them, which for most people is cheaper than upgrading.

I think you missed my point.  I tried to upgrade to the new Plus plan, with the new features, and their website won't let me.  It says PURCHASED but I haven't and it won't let me.  So I guess I have to call and wait on hold for hours as I'm sure everyone is calling trying to figure out their booking.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, nnzz said:

We sail September 16 - we are in a suite which I mention only because I guess I will have to go down to the kitchen and pick up dinner myself if I chose to order from the menus (something which we have never done)  Something about how they made sure to include notice that they had the right to change or revoke any offer that we had previous booked under just doesn't sit right with me.  Feels like they giving me the middle one and telling me I had just better learn to like it.

So, correct me if I am wrong but isn’t it a “perk” of sailing in a suite to order off the menu?  Didn’t see anything mentioned about discontinuing that?  But then again, very ambiguous on several things. Certainly needs clarification. 

Edited by JoRoy218
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whitecap said:

There is nothing in the email that states the "fee is waived" if you have paid the OceanNow fee. Nothing,  Nothing!!  That is pretty clear.  

Gotcha, but I was thinking about the packages context they mentioned.  Of course, PCL only thinks about packages.

6 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I got the notification email.  We had the old Plus plan, $50 pp.  It says we can upgrade to the new Plus plan which is $60pp so I click on upgrade now.  When I get to the page that offers plus or premier upgrades, it says PURCHASED under Plus.  But my booking shows the old Plus plan - $50.  So I'm confused.  They inform me I have to upgrade but then they tell me I've purchased it but I haven't.  They need to get their act together.  I'm not happy about spending more money and now this.  I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my cruise.  Adding perks I don't even want in order to keep my Plus plan is very irritating. 

That's exactly what we have.  Also on the app, when I go to the package tab, it has the 60.00 benefits.  My travel summary still only has the 50.00 benefits, so that's what I'm expecting.  You don't have to upgrade, you still get the tips, wifi and drinks.  I seem to remember that the dollar value limit on the drinks is now what the current 60.00 is, but I could be wrong about that.

• Like 1

I went to the terms and conditions page, which sort of helped to clear things up, sort of. They spelled prix fixe incorrectly throughout so it seems somewhat of a thrown together plan/announcement. 

I think I understand but sure as heck am not paying $80/person/day to get the new premier benefits. We splurged on the premier package when we booked and don't want to be nickel and dimed for fitness classes and desserts. In case you would like to see the details, here's the link to the T&C page: https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/terms-and-conditions/?cid=om_email_info_internal_na_announcement_re3ms065a_230814_na_6QFN7UJFMZ7EV2XKQSEYLMGWYM&eccn=6QFN7UJFMZ7EV2XKQSEYLMGWYM&rrid=8570630635&mi_u=8570630635&custId=6QFN7UJFMZ7EV2XKQSEYLMGWYM&mi_ecmp=RE3MS065A

Screenshot_20230814_172251_Chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

I know that they say like but I’ll be on the Crown:

Expanded casual dining options: Delicious prix fixe menus have been added to casual dining restaurants like Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, Gigi's by Alfredo, Ocean Terrace and Kai Sushi. They’re available for a nominal cover charge of $14.99

I don’t think the Crown doesn’t have any of those restaurants. 

Neither does the Caribbean.

Still unanswered:

1.  Will it cost you $10 to have the medallion shipped to your US home if you are a Standard Passenger.  No mention in new enhanced email.

2.  How will they deal with the suite perks?  Tea/canapes/MDR meals.  Suite/Elite minibar change outs?  

Am I missing something?  I can't order my sister's medallion on the Medallion Class app.

@startedwithamouse mentioned (after I started this comment and was interrupted) that you can't order the medallion anymore???? Will it be sent if you have a package automatically?  To where?

I'm sorry, I am so confused.  If any one can simplify this for me, you will have my gratitude forever.  Sailing soon without any packages (this time) and in a suite/elite.  

2 hours ago, eltigre said:

I got an email for my Sept cruise and now there is no Vines listed. Originally that was included in the $14.99 fix price list. I wondered what they would provide for the cost, now I see it is nothing! Those currently on the Caribbean Princess say there isn't even a dish of nuts offered. 

Not all Vines provided the Tapas or Sushi....even before the recent debacle.
And I haven't seen any nuts or bar snacks on any of our last 4 cruises since Covid.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I think you missed my point.  I tried to upgrade to the new Plus plan, with the new features, and their website won't let me.  It says PURCHASED but I haven't and it won't let me.  So I guess I have to call and wait on hold for hours as I'm sure everyone is calling trying to figure out their booking.

You could always wait till OB if you want to UG. Use obc and save the extra insurance cost.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Still unanswered:

1.  Will it cost you $10 to have the medallion shipped to your US home if you are a Standard Passenger.  No mention in new enhanced email.

2.  How will they deal with the suite perks?  Tea/canapes/MDR meals.  Suite/Elite minibar change outs?  

Am I missing something?  I can't order my sister's medallion on the Medallion Class app.

@startedwithamouse mentioned (after I started this comment and was interrupted) that you can't order the medallion anymore???? Will it be sent if you have a package automatically?  To where?

I'm sorry, I am so confused.  If any one can simplify this for me, you will have my gratitude forever.  Sailing soon without any packages (this time) and in a suite/elite.  

I ordered Medallions for one cruise yesterday and one cruise today (different voyages), and there's no longer a shipping option with the standard fare. It's to be picked up at the port. I wish I had taken a screenshot. Perhaps someone else will. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 2

Just received the notice about benefits to upgrading from my standard package to plus/premier before my Sat Aug 19 cruise!

At least not a surprise after boarding, although reading CC gives you a heads up!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Still unanswered:

I just ordered on ours on

of my cruises booked standard.

You are not given the option to pay $10 and have it shipped.

Only option:

Blue Lane pick up at the port!

30 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

I know that they say like but I’ll be on the Crown:

Expanded casual dining options: Delicious prix fixe menus have been added to casual dining restaurants like Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, Gigi's by Alfredo, Ocean Terrace and Kai Sushi. They’re available for a nominal cover charge of $14.99

I don’t think the Crown doesn’t have any of those restaurants. 

We'll also be on the Crown (Dec/Jan) and the only casual dining they had in Mar/Apr was the Salty Dog in the Wheelhouse.  I wonder if that is still going to be there.

38 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Where does it mention a phone?  I'm reading this as "all room service orders..." no mention of placing by phone. 

Screenshot_20230814-150823_Outlook.jpg

If you click on "Learn More" it takes you to the website and FAQs clearly state: A one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Still unanswered:

I would bet if you have a beverage package, you’ll still be given an option to ship or pickup, just like it has been. Hopefully, they’ve fixed the app, so they don’t get charged the $10 fee, when it’s supposed to be free.

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you click on "Learn More" it takes you to the website and FAQs clearly state: A one-time access fee of $14.99 per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. OceanNow delivery refers to orders placed through the app that are delivered to wherever you are, including your stateroom.

Thank you

24 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

That's exactly what we have.  Also on the app, when I go to the package tab, it has the 60.00 benefits.  My travel summary still only has the 50.00 benefits, so that's what I'm expecting.  You don't have to upgrade, you still get the tips, wifi and drinks.  I seem to remember that the dollar value limit on the drinks is now what the current 60.00 is, but I could be wrong about that.

I did what you said. Went on the app. It shows the old $50 Plus perks. I don't understand. Guess I'll call tomorrow. 

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I would bet if you have a beverage package, you’ll still be given an option to ship or pickup, just like it has been. Hopefully, they’ve fixed the app, so they don’t get charged the $10 fee, when it’s supposed to be free.

Yes, we have standard fare for next two as there's heaps of OBC to be used. To Plus or not to Plus, decision needs to be made.

I suspect they elimated the $10 shipping option for standard fare only. 

2 hours ago, canadarocks said:

I know a lot of people have been complaining that they haven't received any official notice.... I just received this: 

We’ve recently introduced several new enhancements at no additional cost for guests like you who have the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. Here are the key additions:

If you have the Princess Plus package, you’ll receive two complimentary casual dining meals during your voyage. If you have the Princess Premier package, you’ll enjoy unlimited casual dining meals, in addition to two specialty dining meals. 

• Expanded casual dining options: Delicious prix fixe menus have been added to casual dining restaurants like Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, Gigi's by Alfredo, Ocean Terrace and Kai Sushi. They’re available for a nominal cover charge of $14.99.

This fee is waived if you have a Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. 

• OceanNow® delivery: To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow delivery.

This fee is waived for if you have a Princess Plus and Princess Premier package, as it is included at no extra charge.

• Room service fee: A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders). 

These enhancements reflect our commitment to providing you with an effortless cruise experience that pleases a variety of preferences.

We hope you enjoy these expanded options and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

2 Cruise Package Options. Click here to find out more
LEARN MORE

image.png.2e1886e9029f521403e226adc6b03fec.png

Too funny...and sad. I just received the email specifying my cruise in March of next year.

But I haven't received anything for my upcoming cruise this October.

I wonder if I will? Are they working backwards? I must say this is rather awkward...

Whatever...I'm sure I'll manage to have a good time!

23 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I ordered Medallions for one cruise yesterday and one cruise today (different voyages), and there's no longer a shipping option with the standard fare. It's to be picked up at the port. I wish I had taken a screenshot. Perhaps someone else will. 

image.thumb.png.f36a02cd44659a09104653d10eeaf649.png

image.png

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JRice said:

Ridiculous !!!! 

Why should I be thrilled with paying for something I used to get for free?

Princess, please think this through. It is not a good way to treat customers.

Too late.  It's written in "concrete" (abiet poorly)

• Like 1