Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

I know a lot of people have been complaining that they haven't received any official notice.... I just received this: 

We’ve recently introduced several new enhancements at no additional cost for guests like you who have the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. Here are the key additions:

If you have the Princess Plus package, you’ll receive two complimentary casual dining meals during your voyage. If you have the Princess Premier package, you’ll enjoy unlimited casual dining meals, in addition to two specialty dining meals. 

• Expanded casual dining options: Delicious prix fixe menus have been added to casual dining restaurants like Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, Gigi's by Alfredo, Ocean Terrace and Kai Sushi. They’re available for a nominal cover charge of $14.99.

This fee is waived if you have a Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. 

• OceanNow® delivery: To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow delivery.

This fee is waived for if you have a Princess Plus and Princess Premier package, as it is included at no extra charge.

• Room service fee: A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders). 

These enhancements reflect our commitment to providing you with an effortless cruise experience that pleases a variety of preferences.

We hope you enjoy these expanded options and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

2 Cruise Package Options. Click here to find out more
LEARN MORE

image.png.2e1886e9029f521403e226adc6b03fec.png

Edited by canadarocks
Had my email attached
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I got an email for my Sept cruise and now there is no Vines listed. Originally that was included in the $14.99 fix price list. I wondered what they would provide for the cost, now I see it is nothing! Those currently on the Caribbean Princess say there isn't even a dish of nuts offered. 

Edited by eltigre
  • Like 1

Our email referenced our upcoming cruise on the Discovery.  No Vines on there so I am guessing that’s why it wasn’t specifically mentioned.

The information was geared towards the changes in dining I don’t anticipate there will be any change to the shipping of the Medallions, especially since they are testing sending them outside of the US.

• Like 1

We just got the email as well (sailing Jan 2024)however, there is a contradiction between the email and the Princess website. 

Website, under FAQ states that the $5 room service fee only applies to room service orders "placed by stateroom phone"

The email states:  OceanNow delivery:  To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow deliver." 

Next paragraph:  Room service fee:  "A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders).

No where does it exempt those that have paid the OceanNow fee.   

Am I confused or is this just another poorly written message from them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We just got the email as well (sailing Jan 2024)however, there is a contradiction between the email and the Princess website. 

Website, under FAQ states that the $5 room service fee only applies to room service orders "placed by stateroom phone"

The email states:  OceanNow delivery:  To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow deliver." 

Next paragraph:  Room service fee:  "A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders).

I'm confused as well.

I received the email for our February 2024 cruise.  We had a “complementary” premium package which was included when we purchased the cruise in April 2023 (noted with 75/85).  I have no intention of paying for any upgrade, but thought I’d run through the process to see the cost to upgrade.  $1400.00+.  Granted, I’m on my mobile phone instead of a desktop, but why wouldn’t it charge the difference between what we have and the upgraded cost?  I’m sure I’m missing something, but No Thanks.  I had thought we were grandfathered into the drinks up to $20 along with the other perks, excluding the fitness classes and premium desserts.  I guess now I’m wondering what exactly we do have. 

37 minutes ago, canadarocks said:
  • OceanNow® delivery: To ensure you can have whatever you need during your cruise delivered directly to you, a nominal access fee of $14.99 per guest per voyage will now apply to OceanNow delivery.

This fee is waived for if you have a Princess Plus and Princess Premier package, as it is included at no extra charge.

• Room service fee: A $5 delivery fee will be charged for all room service orders (except complimentary stateroom breakfast orders). 

They must have lousy proof-readers.  They were repeating how all the new things are free with Plus/Premier and forgot to add it after the RS fee notice.

Not quite as bad as sending an Australia notice to American guests.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, eltigre said:

I got an email for my Sept cruise and now there is no Vines listed. Originally that was included in the $14.99 fix price list. I wondered what they would provide for the cost, now I see it is nothing! Those currently on the Caribbean Princess say there isn't even a dish of nuts offered. 

The list may have been incomplete; they used the word "like".... Your package will include casual dining at places LIKE Alfredo's, etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

I received the email for our February 2024 cruise.  We had a “complementary” premium package which was included when we purchased the cruise in April 2023 (noted with 75/85).  I have no intention of paying for any upgrade, but thought I’d run through the process to see the cost to upgrade.  $1400.00+.  Granted, I’m on my mobile phone instead of a desktop, but why wouldn’t it charge the difference between what we have and the upgraded cost?  I’m sure I’m missing something, but No Thanks.  I had thought we were grandfathered into the drinks up to $20 along with the other perks, excluding the fitness classes and premium desserts.  I guess now I’m wondering what exactly we do have. You've

you've bought the most recent and are good to go 🙂🍾

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

I know a lot of people have been complaining that they haven't received any official notice.... I just received this: 

We’ve recently introduced several new enhancements at no additional cost for guests like you who have the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. Here are the key additions:

If you have the Princess Plus package, you’ll receive two complimentary casual dining meals during your voyage. If you have the Princess Premier package, you’ll enjoy unlimited casual dining meals, in addition to two specialty dining meals. 

• Expanded casual dining options: Delicious prix fixe menus have been added to casual dining restaurants like Planks, Steamers, Alfredo's, Gigi's by Alfredo, Ocean Terrace and Kai Sushi. They’re available for a nominal cover charge of $14.99.

This fee is waived if you have a Princess Plus or Princess Premier package. 

These enhancements reflect our commitment to providing you with an effortless cruise experience that pleases a variety of preferences.

We hope you enjoy these expanded options and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

2 Cruise Package Options. Click here to find out more
LEARN MORE

image.png.2e1886e9029f521403e226adc6b03fec.png

You have added the blue writing it appears.  It is not so stated on the email I received.  This is more pee poor communications from a staff that appears to be former Disney characters.  Honestly, I have been trying to take all of this in stride but after receiving this email and seeing the contradiction, I'm getting pretty disheartened.  

Edited by whitecap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They must have lousy proof-readers.  They were repeating how all the new things are free with Plus/Premier and forgot to add it after the RS fee notice.

Not quite as bad as sending an Australia notice to American guests.

2 minutes ago, whitecap said:

You have added the blue writing it appears.  It is not so stated on the email I received.  

Perhaps I should have guessed the letter was not pasted in "as-is" from Princess.  At the top is does mention a list of things added to Plus/Premier.  

Anyway, it seems clear enough for most folks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Because nuts were a Petrie dish even before Covid.

12 minutes ago, whitecap said:

This is the same as my notice. It specifically refers to my Standard fare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got it too.  My app still says I have the 60 package, but I don't, and I expect that the only thing we'll have in addition to wifi and tips is the current limit for drinks.

Mine said my package doesn't cover the charges, but listed the 60.00 price.  Should be 10.00 a day.  10 day cruise - I can't image spending 200.00 between us on the new stuff.

And that's OK.  If I want to order food, I'll spend 15.00 of my OBC.  

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps I should have guessed the letter was not pasted in "as-is" from Princess.  At the top is does mention a list of things added to Plus/Premier.  

Anyway, it seems clear enough for most folks.

There is nothing in the email that states the "fee is waived" if you have paid the OceanNow fee. Nothing,  Nothing!!  That is pretty clear.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1