Can we share BOGO?

Dh and I are D+.  I know how to reserve and pay for a specialty 1st or 2nd day and use it for a later night. I know we each are entitled to a BOGO, though we usually only use 1. On a forthcoming cruise we're traveling with another couple who aren't D+. Once we board can we make BOGO reservations for the 4 of us, paying only for 2?  I'd feel uncomfortable paying for 1 while our friends pay for 2.

If you all go together the first night, you and your spouse can each use your BOGO coupons to pay for the other couple.  On Day 2, you'll have to pay full price for both.  Have you checked the Unlimited Dining Package, or the 3-night dining package.  Might save you some more $$.

10 hours ago, pcur said:

If you all go together the first night, you and your spouse can each use your BOGO coupons to pay for the other couple.  On Day 2, you'll have to pay full price for both.  Have you checked the Unlimited Dining Package, or the 3-night dining package.  Might save you some more $$.

Thanks but just planning 1 nt at a specialty.

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, you may each use the BOGO and have dinner for 4 people. We do it often when traveling with others. 
m

Perfect.  Thanks.  If we decide we'll make and pay for the reservations 1st day for a future night.

I have a slightly similar situation but haven’t been able to find an answer yet on CC.  My husband and I are also D+ but on our next sailing well have the unlimited dining package.  We’ll be sailing with 2 others who have neither.  Would we be able to go to dinner and use the 2 UDPs and the BOGO and therefore only have to pay for 1 extra dinner rather than 2?  I didn’t know if the “first” dinner had to be yourself.  I have heard we can give our drink vouchers to others but no one seemed to know about this.  We’re fine either way but it would be nice.

You can use your D+ vouchers to buy others a drink or a bottle of wine at a discount of 40%. They are yours to use as you want.

You can not use a drink package to “buy” others a drink.  

I think the BOGO has to be used by the person who is D+.

Edited by cruiselvr04

On 8/16/2023 at 1:01 AM, pcur said:

Not true. We just used both of our BOGOs at Chops on Wonder on night two to celebrate our DIL's birthday with no pushback from anyone.

1 hour ago, ATLgirl15 said:

I have a slightly similar situation but haven’t been able to find an answer yet on CC.  My husband and I are also D+ but on our next sailing well have the unlimited dining package.  We’ll be sailing with 2 others who have neither.  Would we be able to go to dinner and use the 2 UDPs and the BOGO and therefore only have to pay for 1 extra dinner rather than 2?  I didn’t know if the “first” dinner had to be yourself.  I have heard we can give our drink vouchers to others but no one seemed to know about this.  We’re fine either way but it would be nice.

We use our BOGO all the time when we sail with our adult son's and their wives to buy them dinner.  It's our Diamond benefit and doesn't have to be used on just us.   When just the two of us sail, we will use it on ourselves.    

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We use our BOGO all the time when we sail with our adult son's and their wives to buy them dinner.  It's our Diamond benefit and doesn't have to be used on just us.   When just the two of us sail, we will use it on ourselves.    

Are you using the buy part of the BOGO for yourself?  The person you quoted will not be using any part of the BOGO (the buy or the get) for themselves, since they have the UDP.  So, the question is can you book the buy part for someone other than yourself?

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Not true. We just used both of our BOGOs at Chops on Wonder on night two to celebrate our DIL's birthday with no pushback from anyone.

I think what @pcur meant was that since they would both be using their BOGO on the other couple the "first" night (pay two, get two free), they would then have to pay full price the "second" night (pay for all four).  Otherwise, if it was just the two of them, they could use BOGO both nights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I think what @pcur meant was that since they would both be using their BOGO on the other couple the "first" night (pay two, get two free), they would then have to pay full price the "second" night (pay for all four).  Otherwise, if it was just the two of them, they could use BOGO both nights.

Taken in context, that is not what she said.

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Are you using the buy part of the BOGO for yourself?  The person you quoted will not be using any part of the BOGO (the buy or the get) for themselves, since they have the UDP.  So, the question is can you book the buy part for someone other than yourself?

No we didn't use it on ourselves

7 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We use our BOGO all the time when we sail with our adult son's and their wives to buy them dinner.

As we said we used it on adult sons and wives to buy THEM DINNER..  

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

If they use both BOGO's on day 1 for 4 people, and want to go again on Day 2 (which they don't want to do), then everyone pays full price on Day 2.

• Thanks 1

All this is where RCCL made a mistake with those Diamond Vouchers, just like the Drink Package they should not be shareable.  Eventually this will lead to complete curtailment of the program.

BOGO you pay for one you can invite someone to share the free one.  You should not be allowed to let someone else pay/charge their set sail pass for the first one, and then get a free one on top of that.