NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

As I said, these flyers were staged for placement in Sky Suites the day we disembarked, meaning those who embarked on 8/21 would have found them prominently placed in their Sky Suites. Going forward, what happens in practice is unclear, but X is clearly stating that beverages supplied to Sky Suites are not covered in beverage packages. Perhaps those who are currently onboard will share their experiences.

If this is the case it’s slightly cheeky as SS aren’t cheap. Going to be in an MC in October but usually CS or PS. 

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

IMO--- Totally agree !!

As mentioned several times, we don't stay in a suite because we are non-drinkers and would not require the services offered by a Butler or team of.

Folks that stay in a suite ( and it appears that there are many on CC ) are absolutely correct in that they are, forget the term " entitled " , insert the term " required " to receive the services and benefits attached to their reservation ( booking ).

Celebrity's Management must have given some very serious thought ( cost vs satisfaction ) before instituting a Butler team rather than a dedicated Butler to service X number of suites.

Based on what I'm reading, Celebrity is taking much too big a risk in upsetting and/or losing many longtime loyal suite customers.

A rhetorical statement: basically, and unfortunately, the term "entitled" is simply purposely has been misused lately (within last few years) similar to "dismissed", "falsely", "baselessly", and a number of other words.  Does it sound familiar?

Voyage, Voyage!!!

Edited by kirtihk

We were in a Celebrity Suite in 2018 and a Royal Suite in 2019. We felt at that time that Clebrity Suites were as good an experience as our regular cruise line (Regent) with a bit more room space -- for less cost. We didn't cruise from 2020 to 2022 for obvious reasons When we did our comparissons for 2023 we found that even if we went for a Sky Suite, there was really no price difference. And I had heard "rumblings" about diminished Retreat inclusions. So our cruise taken this year was on Regent, with no dimished inclusions and no onboard issues. It is a shame that Celebrity has seemingly gone on a program of decreasing inclusions in the Retreat, and on the ship in general (what happened to "Always Included"?).  As a single cruise line will not always have the itenerary and timing we want, it is good to have more than one "on your list". Celebrity was on mine, but being reconsidered.

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 2

We have cruised in suite class on main-stream lines, and on lux lines only, for the last 30 years. Not because we are “entitled”, as we pay for this. The reason is that rather than being subject to lines, crowds, and nickel and dimming we see in non-suite accommodations on main-stream lines, we’d rather stay home. Because the price of cruise accommodations like this has gone through the roof in very recent years, we have been staying home a lot. We really aren’t concerned much about the butler situation. We ARE concerned about  reports of Celebrity eliminating or diminishing inclusions for those who have previously paid in full when those inclusions were in place. The particular inclusion I’m talking about that has recently been eliminated is the included mini-bar use in Sky Suites. They seem to be pay-as-you-use mini-bars now, probably at prices 500% or more of ordinary retail. When we are paying several $thousand pp for a week’s cruise, the line will not go broke if they include a few $1,50 cans of beer and $.50 cans of soda. If not, we will book elsewhere, or stay home

• Like 6

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I have never seen that bar menu on any of our past SS cruises, and we have always received unlimited Evian bottled water without even asking and at no charge. If this is the case now, we will still have our min bar emptied and bring back bottled water and beer from the Retreat Lounge. My DW and I normally drink 2-3 bottles of Evain a day and no way I will pay for them now. 

That is my plan for my next SS. I will be removing any beverage in the room that is an extra charge, and taking one of my numerous Nate Berkus bags up to the Retreat Lounge and bringing beverages to the SS. 

I guess this is another reason to be near the front elevators...........

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I will be removing any beverage in the room that is an extra charge

I would have a member of the Retreat Team do this so you don't get charged.  Maybe the labor of doing this and restoring it when you leave will have them reconsider.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

I would have a member of the Retreat Team do this so you don't get charged.  Maybe the labor of doing this and restoring it when you leave will have them reconsider.

Exactly. That will be the first request of the Retreat Butler or Retreat Team or stateroom attendant or whoever is the first to introduce themselves. 

mac_tlc

I’m glad that others feel the way I do about elimination of the mini-bar in Sky Suites. If this were four years ago, I’d consider solving the problem by booking a CS or RS. Today that would be more expensive than some of the all-lux lines where all guests have included mini-bar. It is sad to me what X is doing. And we don’t need the space of the higher X suites. For some it is the butler thing, and for some of us it is mini-bar elimination. Just time to shop around.

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

I’m glad that others feel the way I do about elimination of the mini-bar in Sky Suites. If this were four years ago, I’d consider solving the problem by booking a CS or RS. Now that would be more expensive than some of the all-lux lines where all guests have included mini-bar. It is sad to me what X is doing. And we don’t need the space of the higher X suites. For some it is the butler thing, and for some of us it is mini-bar elimination. Just time to shop around.

2 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

I’m glad that others feel the way I do about elimination of the mini-bar in Sky Suites. If this were four years ago, I’d consider solving the problem by booking a CS or RS. Now that would be more expensive than some of the all-lux lines where all guests have included mini-bar. It is sad to me what X is doing. And we don’t need the space of the higher X suites. For some it is the butler thing, and for some of us it is mini-bar elimination. Just time to shop around.

Sorry, CS did not get a "free"  (included in the suite price) mini bar either.  I know because I cruised in those suites multiple times prior to 2019.  

4 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

I’m glad that others feel the way I do about elimination of the mini-bar in Sky Suites. If this were four years ago, I’d consider solving the problem by booking a CS or RS. Today that would be more expensive than some of the all-lux lines where all guests have included mini-bar. It is sad to me what X is doing. And we don’t need the space of the higher X suites. For some it is the butler thing, and for some of us it is mini-bar elimination. Just time to shop around.

We’ve only sailed in Sky Suites twice, but both times the signs in the cabin specifically stated the minibar was NOT included in any drink package. The first time there was no suggestion that the minibar could be used as a suite perk, and we didn’t. The most recent sailing our butler said don’t worry and constantly restocked water and Diet Coke. I’m pretty sure the official policy NEVER included the minibar. I guess I view this as a return to official policy, not elimination of a perk (that never officially existed). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While we have never cruised in a SS, we did cruise in a CS on the Eclipse in 2018, and mini-bar was included. And it was included in our RS on the Equinox in 2019. And it was included for those we met both times in SS accommodations. I think the answer is that “no mini-bar included” may have previously been an unenforced rule. But to our observation it was included in all suite classes as a matter of practice.  Maybe back then, the butlers were “managing” it for us. And maybe that is why the elimination of butlers and included mini bars happened at the same time?

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

we always ask for the refrig sodas and alc to be emptied from our reg or AQ class staterooms so we can  fill  the fridge with our own water and cans of soda free of charge! more work for the attendant but cuts down on potential overcharges!

We never use the pay for water btls, chips etc left on the dresser

• Thanks 1

Well now we know that presently, the mini friges are not open bar now, at least, though the past is murky, But do the CS and RS have open bar on the mini friges now— or not? And do even higher suites get open bar mini fridges? And what suites (if any0 get priority embarkation and debarkation now. We rate that highly on ships as large as Celebrity’s.. all confusing.

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Well now we know that presently, the mini friges are not open bar now, at least, though the past is murky, But do the CS and RS have open bar on the mini friges now— or not? And do even higher suites get open bar mini fridges? And what suites (if any0 get priority embarkation and debarkation now. We rate that highly on ships as large as Celebrity’s.. all confusing.

We just disembarked the reflection yesterday in an upper suite and had the mini bar included. We met a couple that was in the celebrity suite and also had the mini bar included. The sky & aqua suite guest did not have the mini bar included since they no longer had a dedicated butler. When visiting Michael’s Club we did see numerous Sky Suite guests filling up there bags from this wonderful cooler.

B7C44C18-F95A-49E1-8D91-CFE7A20F6669.jpeg

Edited by sixpackeddie
  • Like 2

I was also on this sailing in an Upper Suite. My experience was a little different as we had a butler who seemingly wanted to make sure we had a truly exceptional cruise. Sadly, the cost cuts are stifling this. Food quality was pretty awful compared to my last pre-pandemic cruise and I have no idea why anybody gets emotional about the Celebrity ‘lobster tail’ - it was vile. 

I found service in Michael’s Club to be really very poor with a bar attendant on their last cruise who seemingly had emotionally clocked off many weeks ago. 

• Like 3

It has never been the included for Sky and Celebrity suites in my years of cruising with Celebrity.

The butlers did that as courtesy in return of something from the guests.

Some passengers just over doing it.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Exactly. That will be the first request of the Retreat Butler or Retreat Team or stateroom attendant or whoever is the first to introduce themselves. 

mac_tlc

That's always been my first request on any line I cruise.  I ask that they remove anything from the cooler that isn't complimentary. Sometimes they remove them from the cabin/suite, sometimes place them under the bed or in some storage area I'm not using.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

That's always been my first request on any line I cruise.  I ask that they remove anything from the cooler that isn't complimentary. Sometimes they remove them from the cabin/suite, sometimes place them under the bed or in some storage area I'm not using.

If Celebrity actually cared to do this, they'd have someone trained to do it.  They probably let that person go last week.  I think this goes to cutbacks in service.  Leadership from the top has through actions made it clear that its all about selling, and not about meeting or exceeding expectations. 

1 hour ago, sixpackeddie said:

We just disembarked the reflection yesterday in an upper suite and had the mini bar included. We met a couple that was in the celebrity suite and also had the mini bar included. The sky & aqua suite guest did not have the mini bar included since they no longer had a dedicated butler. When visiting Michael’s Club we did see numerous Sky Suite guests filling up there bags from this wonderful cooler.

B7C44C18-F95A-49E1-8D91-CFE7A20F6669.jpeg

Nothing comparable on E-Class.  Far less passenger accessible fridges in the lounge.  It would take a long time to get anything comparable since staff would have to go to the back, if they're allowed to once someone has a drink or two already.  And, pre staff cutbacks, the retreat staff could rarely keep up with the demand from guests seeking to lounge.  So, anyone looking to grab and go will just add to the log jam.  

Edited by Cap_D

12 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

If Celebrity actually cared to do this, they'd have someone trained to do it.  They probably let that person go last week.  I think this goes to cutbacks in service.  Leadership from the top has through actions made it clear that its all about selling, and not about meeting or exceeding expectations. 

You do realize CHEZMARYLOU will be so disappointed when they turn those fantastic coolers into a convenience store concept and charge for every item placed in the tote fixin' to carry back to the SS. Now that's meeting my expectations. 🤣

I actually anticipated all these cuts coming during my last two XX cruises in Dec '21 on Reflections and Feb '22 on Apex. It was just a gradual escalation of what they were doing for the years leading up to Covid. I never believed the marketing hype of them being "luxury". I luv it when they prove me correct.

Now with the new leadership, it appears the death by 1,000 cuts has escalated drastically as she lifts her leg on the XX customer.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

The changes make sense if they don't care, and want to "find" revenue.  Fully agree.  But, they really should come clean and own it.  The lack of price transparency for cruisers, perhaps has always been an issue, but really gets compounded when everything is intentionally on the decline (and passengers can't exactly go somewhere else for a cookie that is worth $2, a different store, etc.). On land, I've left hotels, restaurants (with paying), changed itineraries, and more to have the experience desired at the time and place chosen.  So, with cruising there's a degree of trust in the selection that is required, and causes the extra degree of criticism.   

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, groovycruiser1 said:

I was also on this sailing in an Upper Suite. My experience was a little different as we had a butler who seemingly wanted to make sure we had a truly exceptional cruise. Sadly, the cost cuts are stifling this. Food quality was pretty awful compared to my last pre-pandemic cruise and I have no idea why anybody gets emotional about the Celebrity ‘lobster tail’ - it was vile. 

I found service in Michael’s Club to be really very poor with a bar attendant on their last cruise who seemingly had emotionally clocked off many weeks ago. 

Yes, I believe you were also in the corridor on deck #14, our butler Ryan was fantastic and our Stateroom attendant Peri.
We only had the cold water lobster in Murano and it was fantastic. We really only spent a bit of time with Cranston in Michael’s Club as we love relaxing our large balcony.

We went to the Porch for lunch time and were underwhelmed with the food, particularly the seafood tower compare to 2 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

Yes, I believe you were also in the corridor on deck #14, our butler Ryan was fantastic and our Stateroom attendant Peri.
We only had the cold water lobster in Murano and it was fantastic. We really only spent a bit of time with Cranston in Michael’s Club as we love relaxing our large balcony.

We went to the Porch for lunch time and were underwhelmed with the food, particularly the seafood tower compare to 2 years ago. 

yes we were also on deck 14. Agree on the porch - very disappointing.