NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

We are currently on the Reflection in an upper level suite. We have sailed in upper suites before and know what has been included and what’s not.

We just pushed off Olympia Greece, tired from the sun and was hoping to order dinner from Lawn Club Grill and enjoy on our balcony. Spoke to butler and this is no longer allowed for any suites. Only room service from Lumaine is available. 
Asked about other changes an also learnt Sky suites will not be stocked with alcohol. If you order alcohol to your Sky Suite or Aqua Sky Suite you will be charged per the room service menu.

There are currently only 3 butlers on our ship that take care of Celebrity Suites and above. All the Sky suites are being taken care of by 2 Butlers from Michael’s Club. 
I confirmed that prior to this cruise there were 9 butlers in total, and have trimmed to 5, so they cut 4 total from the Solstice Class ships.

We will be considering different options going forward as we typically cruise in Sky suites 80% of the time. With these changes considering the costs of a Sky Suite we will look elsewhere.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

3 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

We are currently on the Reflection in an upper level suite. We have sailed in upper suites before and know what has been included and what’s not.

We just pushed off Olympia Greece, tired from the sun and was hoping to order dinner from Lawn Club Grill and enjoy on our balcony. Spoke to butler and this is no longer allowed for any suites. Only room service from Lumaine is available. 
Asked about other changes an also learnt Sky suites will not be stocked with alcohol. If you order alcohol to your Sky Suite or Aqua Sky Suite you will be charged per the room service menu.

There are currently only 3 butlers on our ship that take care of Celebrity Suites and above. All the Sky suites are being taken care of by 2 Butlers from Michael’s Club. 
I confirmed that prior to this cruise there were 9 butlers in total, and have trimmed to 5, so they cut 4 total from the Solstice Class ships.

We will be considering different options going forward as we typically cruise in Sky suites 80% of the time. With these changes considering the costs of a Sky Suite we will look elsewhere.

In our experience dining from other than the standard menu in RS and PH has been a ‘treat’ not a ‘right’… We have arranged an odd ‘special’ in suite meal but always giving the butler 24 hours notice. We would never just phone the butler and ask for anything not on the standard menu.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

The Sky Suite loss of Butlers was a hot topic on this and other forums earlier this month. Many sent emails to the Executive office.  

I would suggest you voice your concerns to the Hotel Director and after your cruise share your feedback directly to the Executive office.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on being the first to post back on CC about the changes in Butler services. I knew the unofficial having a butler stocking the mini fridge with beer and wine would be lost in Sky Suites. So the SS "Team" of Butlers is just 2 and they are in Michaels club what a joke.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile the reviews of MSC Yacht Club reflect butler service that seems to be geared to going above and beyond, and very much needed due to the configuration and number of passengers outside of Yacht Club.  

Pretty evident Retreat is not the product it was, far too rigid, inflexible for the amount paid. How soon before an enterprising solo traveler or anyone not in Retreat begin to provide a door dash type service?  Considering the number of crew, how one that is paying over a thousand a day for a big room and table can't get a grilled steak (or anything else) brought to their room makes no sense. There are plenty of crew to be able to pick up and drop of to a few rooms, on occasion. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, we had the edge villa last august we really enjoyed Raw on Five, and Fine Cut Steakhouse in our room. 
Also if you want a 2nd lobster in Lumaine and in a Sky Suite it’s now a room charge. Time will tell what else is changing.
It’s unfortunate these changes we not announced for seasoned and experienced clients that are expecting a certain level of service from their past cruises and loyality.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sixpackeddie said:

Yes, we had the edge villa last august we really enjoyed Raw on Five, and Fine Cut Steakhouse in our room. 
Also if you want a 2nd lobster in Lumaine and in a Sky Suite it’s now a room charge. Time will tell what else is changing.
It’s unfortunate these changes we not announced for seasoned and experienced clients that are expecting a certain level of service from their past cruises and loyality.

On the Equinox in June there were no lobsters available any night in Luminae.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Meanwhile the reviews of MSC Yacht Club reflect butler service that seems to be geared to going above and beyond, and very much needed due to the configuration and number of passengers outside of Yacht Club.  

Pretty evident Retreat is not the product it was, far too rigid, inflexible for the amount paid. How soon before an enterprising solo traveler or anyone not in Retreat begin to provide a door dash type service?  Considering the number of crew, how one that is paying over a thousand a day for a big room and table can't get a grilled steak (or anything else) brought to their room makes no sense. There are plenty of crew to be able to pick up and drop of to a few rooms, on occasion. 

My problem with MSC is not finding longer itineraries we want on the few ships that have YC.  We are looking more at Oceania for the more interesting itineraries.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

What's this about room service?  We only ordered breakfast in our SS and I thought it wasn't from Luminae but the same place as everyone else ordering room service, not in a suite.  But on a future cruise I could see us wanting to order lunch if we come back late from an excursion and Luminae is closed.

The alcohol in the room is too bad because I've read a few people saying they got the minibar updated.  And I was hoping to do that.

2023 was our first SS which made us book 2025 in a SS.  But none of this news is making me feel good about our decision.  Losing our deposit would not be preferable but I can see us canceling and walking away if there are too many changes.  Or dropping down to Aqua which is where we came from.  It's my understanding that if we make any changes at all, we will lose our 10% deposit..

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My problem with MSC is not finding longer itineraries we want on the few ships that have YC.  We are looking more at Oceania for the more interesting itineraries.

Oceania and Viking are what we're now considering for future cruises.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sixpackeddie said:

Thank you for reporting back on the not-so-encouraging news.

• Like 1

sixpackeddie

Labatt Cinquante ?? (Labatt 50)--- just a six pack ?? 

LOL----No wonder only room service from Lumaine is available.

No suite, don't need a Butler , a few $$ for room service, a few $$ for another lobster tail, a child here or there, great service , plus a few $$ for our Room Steward , good food and lots to select from, $$ for Specialty Restaurants, etc.etc--- It's all good !!

Now, if they would only cancel the Newlywed game and the Silent Disco and continue the golf putting contest--- what could be better ??

IMO--- tooooo many nit-pickin complaints--- don't like the cost, don't go .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

What's this about room service?  We only ordered breakfast in our SS and I thought it wasn't from Luminae but the same place as everyone else ordering room service, not in a suite.  But on a future cruise I could see us wanting to order lunch if we come back late from an excursion and Luminae is closed.

the Suites above Celebrity Suites have been able in the past to order RS from Luminae and some of the specialty restaurants for dinner in their cabins. My sister and BIL did this in an Edge Villa last year. Not sure if they could get Luminae breakfasts.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

The alcohol in the room is too bad because I've read a few people saying they got the minibar updated.  And I was hoping to do that.

Our limited post pandemic SS in-room mini bar experiences, which amounts to the Apex and Reflection at one night each, was that the soft drinks, water of all brands, and beer was complimentary and replenished. The spirits and wine would be chargeable. 

• Like 2

I'm afraid some Celebrity loyalists are being forced to re-experience the feelings they had when their first girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them.  In this case it's Celebrity saying "I'm sorry, I just don't feel that way about you anymore".

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

44 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

the Suites above Celebrity Suites have been able in the past to order RS from Luminae and some of the specialty restaurants for dinner in their cabins. My sister and BIL did this in an Edge Villa last year. Not sure if they could get Luminae breakfasts.

Yes, never tried to order Luminae for breakfast to our room. We did appreciate being able to order from the specialty restaurants to our room after a long day when we didn’t feel up to getting dressed up and going out. 

13 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I'm afraid some Celebrity loyalists are being forced to re-experience the feelings they had when their first girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with them.  In this case it's Celebrity saying "I'm sorry, I just don't feel that way about you anymore".

I know that my butler still loves me and would do anything for me!!!!   😭😭😭

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Frog in the pot.  As time passes, most suite perks will be removed.  Or required for an extra charge.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, mnocket said:

I believe you are spot on

• Like 2

Just now, basenji56 said:

Frog in the pot.  As time passes, most suite perks will be removed.  Or required for an extra charge.

Just so long as they don’t charge extra for toilet paper or remove the Bigelow products, then I’m good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1