NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

15 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Glad to hear that. Can CS guests still use mini fridge contents without additional charge?

That is not now, nor to the best of my knowledge was it ever, a perk of either a CS or a SS. (Restocked beer, water, and soda ARE listed as benefits of Signature Suites and above.) There was always a card in our Sky Suites informing us that the minibar contents were NOT part of our drink package. What many of us saw was our butler offering to restock the minibar (presumably from Retreat stocks) and not charging for its contents. What's been reported is that the butlers in CS and SS have been told not to do that.

They didn't take away a free minibar because you (as a matter of policy, although not always practice) never had a free minibar in those suites.

• Like 3

I've been following this thread and it’s been interesting.

We don’t care if there are no more Butlers for the suites we sail in. We cruise for specific ships and their itineraries. And since we never had a use for our Butlers,  we always hoped that they would then be able to provide better service to other guests that really needed them.

The mini fridge issue won’t have any affect either, as we never use it.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, markeb said:

That is not now, nor to the best of my knowledge was it ever, a perk of either a CS or a SS. (Restocked beer, water, and soda ARE listed as benefits of Signature Suites and above.) There was always a card in our Sky Suites informing us that the minibar contents were NOT part of our drink package. What many of us saw was our butler offering to restock the minibar (presumably from Retreat stocks) and not charging for its contents. What's been reported is that the butlers in CS and SS have been told not to do that.

They didn't take away a free minibar because you (as a matter of policy, although not always practice) never had a free minibar in those suites.

All I know is that we cruised in a CS on the Eclipse in 2018 and on a RS on the Equinox in 2019, and we consumed the mini fridge contents without additional charge. And the fridge was replenished upon request. Whether this was OFFICIALLY supposed to be the case, I don’t know. I only say what happened.

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

All I know is that we cruised in a CS on the Eclipse in 2018 and on a RS on the Equinox in 2019, and we consumed the mini fridge contents without additional charge. And the fridge was replenished upon request. Whether this was OFFICIALLY supposed to be the case, I don’t know. I only say what happened.

The minibar would have been included in the RS. I don't believe the perks have changed since 2018 (in this case) so it would not have been included in the CS in 2018; it's not now.

People, including you, keep bringing this up as a loss of benefit on Celebrity's part. It's not. "What happened" was your butler and probably the suite manager on Eclipse decided to replenish your minibar with things you could get for free anyway. A nice service gesture, but a bonus. Big bad corporate RCG in Miami did NOT take away this "perk"; it never officially existed. When I stay at a Marriott property I can grab as many Diet Pepsi's as I want out of the M-Lounge for my room for free. But if I take one from the minibar, I'm paying for it.

Lest I be accused of being a cheerleader, I think it's a pennywise and pound foolish policy (both for Marriott and Celebrity) and they should restock the minibars with items available in the Retreat Lounge, but this isn't a policy change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

We were in a CS last October. Our mini bar was stocked with beers (including gluten free beer), water and soft drinks of our choice. The stock was replenished as required. 

• Like 1

Well, whatever happened in 2018 in a CS (which it did), it reportedly isn’t happening now. Some don’t care about the convenience of being able to drink cokes and beer while relaxing in the suite without being charged “bar prices” for this, after paying “lux price+” for the cruise. Fine, but we do.

Sometimes, there is a difference between “official policy” and what really happens — which is the only thing guests care about.

Edited by Dolebludger

On 8/16/2023 at 9:49 AM, chemmo said:

In our experience dining from other than the standard menu in RS and PH has been a ‘treat’ not a ‘right’… We have arranged an odd ‘special’ in suite meal but always giving the butler 24 hours notice. We would never just phone the butler and ask for anything not on the standard menu.

Oh you're so considerate.  Bless your heart.

• Haha 1

Well, as there have been changes — not always “official” — but changes in what guests actually receive, I have a question. When we were in a RS in 2019, we received included valet laundry. Don’t know if this was an “official” perk of the RS, but I know we go it. Is valet laundry still actually included in the RS fare?

12 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Well, as there have been changes — not always “official” — but changes in what guests actually receive, I have a question. When we were in a RS in 2019, we received included valet laundry. Don’t know if this was an “official” perk of the RS, but I know we go it. Is valet laundry still actually included in the RS fare?

Benefits are here https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/royal-suite

Twice per cruise, apparently. 

47 minutes ago, markeb said:

47 minutes ago, markeb said:

Thanks, but in 2019 in a RS we got laundry daily. Apparently that benefit is not quite up to what we got then, but it is still a good benefit, if only a RS cruise were priced similar to 2019!

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Well, whatever happened in 2018 in a CS (which it did), it reportedly isn’t happening now. Some don’t care about the convenience of being able to drink cokes and beer while relaxing in the suite without being charged “bar prices” for this, after paying “lux price+” for the cruise. Fine, but we do.

Sometimes, there is a difference between “official policy” and what really happens — which is the only thing guests care about.

Where have you heard that the CS isn't getting their mini bar now?  This post is all about Sky Suites, but I do not remember any posts regarding anyone noticing a change to CS.

I

6 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Where have you heard that the CS isn't getting their mini bar now?  This post is all about Sky Suites, but I do not remember any posts regarding anyone noticing a change to CS.

I read that right here. If I is not true (I hope it is not) it would be great if guests in CS could get cokes and beer from their suite fridge without having to pay “bar prices” for it.

12 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Where have you heard that the CS isn't getting their mini bar now?

It's not a listed room amenity for Celebrity Suites. Since the restart, I don't recall a CS having any additional amenities than a SS. That has changed as now CS gets a butler where SS has none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is a real mystery as to what CS does and doesn’t get regarding in suite drinks. All I know is what was furnished to us back in 2018. I think the problem is that we don’t really know what will be the rule for any X suite now and in the future.

12 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Thanks, but in 2019 in a RS we got laundry daily. Apparently that benefit is not quite up to what we got then, but it is still a good benefit, if only a RS cruise were priced similar to 2019!

Probably another case of a butler stretching the rules in hopes garnering a larger tip.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, markeb said:

In my 2023 RS cruises I’ve had unlimited laundry.  (Confirmed with the butler at the beginning of each cruise.  Could indeed be a “rule” stretch.)  Apparently the 2x rule started when some abused the laundry amenity by including laundry from friends in other cabins. 

Back to Sky Suites:

Not knowing when room service will arrive (promptly or 30-45 min) is inconvenient when I need to be on time for a shore excursion.

Breakfast from the butler has always been on time.

Edited by raudacruise
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

In my 2023 RS cruises I’ve had unlimited laundry.  (Confirmed with the butler at the beginning of each cruise.  Could indeed be a “rule” stretch.)  Apparently the 2x rule started when some abused the laundry amenity by including laundry from friends in other cabins. 

Back to Sky Suites:

Not knowing when room service will arrive (promptly or 30-45 min) is inconvenient when I need to be on time for a shore excursion.

Breakfast from the butler has always been on time.

When we have ordered breakfast from Room Service it has always been on time, if we order via the door hanger the evening before.  Picking up tge phone and placing a order will always have a wait time no matter what time it is.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When we have ordered breakfast from Room Service it has always been on time, if we order via the door hanger the evening before.  Picking up tge phone and placing a order will always have a wait time no matter what time it is.

OK, my breakfast delivered by the butler has always been from the door hanger menu.

I did have one complication years ago.  Ordered Crab Cake Eggs Benedict.  They forgot the eggs. 😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, wineoclock said:

We were in a CS last October. Our mini bar was stocked with beers (including gluten free beer), water and soft drinks of our choice. The stock was replenished as required. 

We were in a CS in August.

Mini bar not included, price list in fridge

Evian not included but canned water replenished daily

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

Mind you for the amount a CS costs it’s a little cheap to not include at least some soft drinks imo. 

They are, if you want to walk to the Retreat Lounge, get the soft drinks, and carry them back to your suite. Kind of a cheesy situation at lux cruise prices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a small reason but I downgraded our CS next June to an SV. 

£20,000 for a CS. No minibar and no guarantee that the suite experience won’t degrade any further.

With the saving I’ve booked a cruise on Regent Splendor to try next October. 

• Like 3