Ice Show Reservations

I should know this, but it's been a long time since we sailed on Freedom or Voyager class - when do you make ice show reservations - pre-cruise or on board? (Mariner of the Seas. specifically). Back in the day (pre-COVID), we made reservations several different ways.

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

I should know this, but it's been a long time since we sailed on Freedom or Voyager class - when do you make ice show reservations - pre-cruise or on board? (Mariner of the Seas. specifically). Back in the day (pre-COVID), we made reservations several different ways.

Last reservation I remember were 10+ years ago. Then they were giving out free tickets on Promenade.

I recommend checking for schedule. On our last 5 dayer on Liberty shows were scheduled

1 show for the first evening 

2 pm and 4 pm on last day.

Apparently majority wanted to see it during the first night. There were so many people!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Last reservation I remember were 10+ years ago. Then they were giving out free tickets on Promenade.

I recommend checking for schedule. On our last 5 dayer on Liberty shows were scheduled

1 show for the first evening 

2 pm and 4 pm on last day.

Apparently majority wanted to see it during the first night. There were so many people!

Thanks.  We're on a B2B, so  we should have plenty of choices.

Well, Covid has nothing to do with it.  If you check your cruise planner, you might see it on the planner.  If not, than it will be announced on the ship how to do it.  Check the daily schedule.  But I don't think it is needed on Mariner of the seas, you just show up

• Like 1

As others have said, no ice show reservations needed on that class of ship (only needed on Oasis Class).  For a short while after the return from Covid, they were required so they could manage the amount of people attending since half the seats were blocked for social distancing. But they got rid of that about a year ago.  If you want a good seat, just show up fairly early and enjoy some people watching while you wait for the show to start.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Well, Covid has nothing to do with it.  If you check your cruise planner, you might see it on the planner.  If not, than it will be announced on the ship how to do it.  Check the daily schedule.  But I don't think it is needed on Mariner of the seas, you just show up

I didn't mean that I thought COVID had anything to do with it - just using that as a reference for how long it's been since we sailed on that class of ships. 🙂

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You don't, just show up.

Just made ice show reservations on Oasis.  The ice show is one of the most popular events and oftentimes the arena fills up.

Also made reservations for Cats, one of our favorite shows!🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just made ice show reservations on Oasis.  The ice show is one of the most popular events and oftentimes the arena fills up.

They are also taking reservations for Cats for those that want to be woken up during the show.😏

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

Are you trying to start a fight with the anti-Cats people? 😂 In all honesty, I'm not a fan! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy Cats!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruise1957 said:

Are you trying to start a fight with the anti-Cats people? 😂 In all honesty, I'm not a fan! Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy Cats!

Since you hijacked my thread to talk about Cats, here's my take.  You either love it or you hate it.  I used to love it, but after one land performance and several at sea, I'm done.

3 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Since you hijacked my thread to talk about Cats, here's my take.  You either love it or you hate it.  I used to love it, but after one land performance and several at sea, I'm done.

So sorry, I couldn't resist! 😄 The first and only one at sea was enough for me. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Counting the days until April 7th. 234 days too many to go on Oasis again, and I won't be seeing Cats.

Edited by cruise1957
  • Haha 1

I just showed up -- kinda late, in fact -- and I got a front-row seat.  Twice on two different cruises.  Of course, I went by myself (my stupid husband dislikes the ice show), and a single seat is a whole lot easier to find.  I'll say this:  The ice show is best enjoyed from the front row.  

• Like 1