Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s what ive struggled with because I don’t know the menus. On carnival I would have a better idea but here I don’t know. I do know I ate more meals ashore in Alaska than anywhere else so it’s going to be tough to fit in.

To get an idea of the menus for the various specialty restaurants down by guest services should be a person with menus for the various restaurants and can also make your reservations for you. 

• Like 7

This is called mega cruise ships. It’s really just a

sales pitch. Carnival used to do this. Interesting story some of my carnival friends may not know is carnival gave me a tote bag in this on the last sea day of one of my first cruises. When I got back to New Orleans that bag was identified by a drug dog. They interrogated me and went through all of my luggage before letting me go.

IMG_2126.jpeg

IMG_2127.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I am interested in cruise next info. It sounds like he’s saying it’s good for four years. If so I’m interested. Those of you in the know waiting to spew info feel free.

Following this!  I bought a Cruise first for my 2025 cruise but am interested in Cruise Next for future cruises.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Don’t worry about it. I’m just trying to post all of the differences I see. You can read them or ignore them.

Oh I'm not worried. I'm loving this. Been looking forward to it. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the Free at Sea/Upgrade stuff along with ya....

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I walked through the buffet to get here. I’ve never seen a performer in the buffet. There was a crewmember with a tambourine singing some washy washy song.

Also at one point I walked through a section that was all crew members eating. For a second there I thought I accidentally walked into the crew mess. While I see that on carnival I’m not used to seeing that many of them in one area eating.

HaHa we had a tambourine and a guitar. They would play popular songs and add words about washy washy. Wait until mornings and you catch the coffee coffee singing ladies😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the Free at Sea/Upgrade stuff along with ya....

It can get confusing. Basically Greg has 3 specialty dining credits that he can use and should book sooner rather than later. Menus can be found on the App or web if you look under the restaurant's name, or as one poster mentioned, you go to guest services. You can book there or at one of the restaurants. The Premium Plus beverage package allows you to have premium drinks and discounts off wine. In addition, you are able to bring as much wine onboard as you want - no corkage fee.

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 2.20.39 PM.jpeg

790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

It can get confusing. Basically Greg has 3 specialty dining credits that he can use and should book sooner rather than later. Menus can be found on the App or web if you look under the restaurant's name, or as one poster mentioned, you go to guest services. You can book there or at one of the restaurants. The Premium Plus beverage package allows you to have premium drinks and discounts off wine. In addition, you are able to bring as much wine onboard as you want - no corkage fee.

790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf 1.67 MB · 1 download

Now I'm confused. I have the Free at Sea plus and I bought the 4 additional specialty dining. Does this mean I have 6 specialty?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, depplep said:

Now I'm confused. I have the Free at Sea plus and I bought the 4 additional specialty dining. Does this mean I have 6 specialty?

When you originally booked you were probably given 1 or 2 depending upon your cabin type. THEN if you upgraded to the Premium Plus you received 2 more so you then had 3 or 4. If you bought 4 then you now have 8.  You can call to get some removed or use some for lunch depending upon your ship. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Where is the "free" in free at sea?  Costs extra and you have to plan in advance...

In the photo above you get the Free at Sea offers when you book. Yes, you pay extra gratuities. If you upgrade to Premium Plus you pay the extra fees. It is worth it though (IMO) if you like higher end booze and wine. 

I will re-attach the photo here as well.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

When you originally booked you were probably given 1 or 2 depending upon your cabin type. THEN if you upgraded to the Premium Plus you received 2 more so you then had 3 or 4. If you bought 4 then you now have 8.  You can call to get some removed or use some for lunch depending upon your ship. 

Ok, I had no idea. It's our first NCL cruise. We are in a balcony cabin. I guess I will just use the others for lunch. We're on Encore if that matters. Thank you.

Edited by depplep
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, depplep said:

Ok, I had no idea. It's our first NCL cruise. We are in a balcony cabin. I guess I will just use the others for lunch. We're on Encore if that matters. Thank you.

The Encore is NICE!  So that means as of now you have 8 dining credits each (if 2 in the cabin). I would book dinners each night - Onda, Bistro and Ocean Blue are my favs! For lunch you can go to Food Republic or American Diner. You are able to book restaurants twice if you want. Up to you. There are some great places to eat and drink on the Encore. You can explore them and view sample menus under the Dining Tab.  Remember to book your reservations online at 12 AM Midnight Eastern time 120 days prior to embarkation for the best time slots.  Also, if you enjoy adult only areas. with a sun deck, comfy loungers, fun bar and hot tubs look into booking Vibe passes under the Entertainment tab. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Where is the "free" in free at sea?  Costs extra and you have to plan in advance...

For years the math didn’t work for me. This summer it did. Fall it didn’t and I’m on Princess. But I can share with you where it did this time.

last year on carnival my base ticket was $1500. Out of Seattle. Now that was a 4J with a window. Add in $350 for drinks, $100+ Wi-Fi, my own airfare was 800. That’s 2800.  This year the base price for me in an interior was around 2,000 with airfare around 1,000. That’s 3,000 just to get my butt on board. But on NCL I got my room, beverage upgrade, specialty dining, airfare, excursions, and Wi-Fi for 2,800. And oh since we end in Vancouver, I don’t have that baloney sandwich stop in Victoria. I get a real port day in Skagway.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The Encore is NICE!  So that means as of now you have 8 dining credits each (if 2 in the cabin). I would book dinners each night - Onda, Bistro and Ocean Blue are my favs! For lunch you can go to Food Republic or American Diner. You are able to book restaurants twice if you want. Up to you. There are some great places to eat and drink on the Encore. You can explore them and view sample menus under the Dining Tab.  Remember to book your reservations online at 12 AM Midnight Eastern time 120 days prior to embarkation for the best time slots.  Also, if you enjoy adult only areas. with a sun deck, comfy loungers, fun bar and hot tubs look into booking Vibe passes under the Entertainment tab. Enjoy your cruise! 

I have Le Bistro, Cagney's and Ocean Blue booked as of now. I knew we would do lunch a few days since we have a lot of time at sea. Thanks again.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

For years the math didn’t work for me. This summer it did. Fall it didn’t and I’m on Princess. But I can share with you where it did this time.

l

Thanks, Greg.  Total price, no matter what, sure does decide.

Hope you continue to have a great time!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I am interested in cruise next info. It sounds like he’s saying it’s good for four years. If so I’m interested. Those of you in the know waiting to spew info feel free.

Wasn’t sure so checked NCL website. Yes, it’s good for four years and right now book any cruise and stateroom and you can use two certificates instead of just one. Also, noticed I still have one that’s good until 2025.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@Saint Greg please listen to me, you do have 3 (three) specialty dining, according to your cruise card!

The dining reservation desk in the Atrium have the menus of all specialty restaurants on display for you to see. They do not change like the MDR (Main Dining Room) do daily. 

The 3 specialty dining “vouchers” that you have can be used in the following restaurants: Le Bistro, Cagney’s, Teppanyaki, Sushi, La Cucina. Look at the menus at the reservation desk and decide. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

@Saint Greg please listen to me, you do have 3 (three) specialty dining, according to your cruise card!

The dining reservation desk in the Atrium have the menus of all specialty restaurants on display for you to see. They do not change like the MDR (Main Dining Room) do daily. 

The 3 specialty dining “vouchers” that you have can be used in the following restaurants: Le Bistro, Cagney’s, Teppanyaki, Sushi, La Cucina. Look at the menus at the reservation desk and decide. 

for me it’s MDR. I wouldn’t book the night carnival has lobster for instance 

• Like 1