Itinerary-related drinks onboard

shipgeeks

When we sail to Bermuda, I order a Dark and Stormy as a fitting beverage.

Cruising to the Bahamas and Caribbean, and especially on a private island, a Mojito, Cuba Libre, or Pina Colada feel appropriate and refreshing.

How about sailing to Canada and New England?  Can you think of any classic drinks with a connection to the area?

And what about other parts of the world?

(And is it okay to ask a Drinkie question in a Foodie forum??)

Bermuda…the Bermuda Rum Swizzle!  Bermuda produces the best Falarnum in the world.  Falarnum is a necessary ingredient in the Rum Swizzle.

Canada…Canadian whiskey of course.  A fine Crown Royal will do.

New England…Sam Adams Beer, of course.  A mixed drink with cranberry juice like a Cape Cod for instance.  

• Like 1

I am going a cruise this Sunday that is sailing around the British Isles. The majority of the ports are in Ireland with Scotland in there too. It starts in Southampton and ends in Copenhagen. I know the Irish like to drink whiskey but was hoping for some other choices too😀

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am going a cruise this Sunday that is sailing around the British Isles. The majority of the ports are in Ireland with Scotland in there too. It starts in Southampton and ends in Copenhagen. I know the Irish like to drink whiskey but was hoping for some other choices too😀

I hope you like Guinness Lois…lol.  The Scots revere their Scotch whiskey.  They drink it straight up.  Bon Voyage Lois…hope you have a great cruise.  Come back here and let us know if you discover any great drinks!

Hi CGT, good morning😀......nope I don't like Guinness actually.........I am not a "Hoppy" beer person......much too bitter for my taste. 

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi CGT, good morning😀......nope I don't like Guinness actually.........I am not a "Hoppy" beer person......much too bitter for my taste. 

I’m with you on that Louis.  They might call Guinness “mothers milk” in Ireland but it’s way to heavy for me.  I’m strictly a chilled lager type of guy.  

15 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I’m with you on that Louis.  They might call Guinness “mothers milk” in Ireland but it’s way to heavy for me.  I’m strictly a chilled lager type of guy.  

Hi CGT, I have never liked a "hoppy" beer. And take that u out of my name🙂

Thanks😀