Favorite Souvenir from Greece

VitaminSea53

I bought wonderful shawls(cashmere and silk)  on Mykonos for my daughter in-laws and myself.  Lovely  leather  purses on  Rhodes. Greek icon in Athens in little store in Platka neighborhood. Lovely  18 k gold charm in Kusadasi Turkey .Gave them as Christmas presents to family. 

We did this olive oil press tour and tasting in Olympia and bought several bottles of their olive oil as gifts (they had most delicious lemon flavored olive oil). They also have olive oil soap. They do a basic tasting for free so you don't actually have to purchase it ahead of time, but if you do, you get your own table to tasting treats set up. It was really fascinating to see how it was made as well.  https://www.viator.com/tours/Olympia/Olive-Oil-Tour-and-Tasting-in-Ancient-Olympia/d50252-355388P1?pid=P00109241&mcid=42383&medium=social-share-copy

• 3 weeks later...

There are millions of olive trees on Corfu, so we bought a couple of things from there. We bought pure Corfu olive oil. It is liquid gold and tastes so good! We also got olivewood utensils, and I wish I bought one of their salad bowls. They are beautiful and so cheap! Also, we saw this in Corfu, and we decided not to buy it, and we regretted it because we couldn't find something exactly like it. It was a fancy chess set with the 2 different sides being different kinds of Greek/Mediterranean warriors, like Spartans vs Trojans. If you know someone who loves chess and history, it's the perfect gift.

Edited by sherrihall128
  • Like 2