How to cancel ONLY one party of a linked specialty diner (Eden) reservation?

dani negreanu

A few months ago I've made a linked res for this highly thought after restaurant (my cousin and her DH, coming from Germany and us, coming from Israel). I've paid with my OBC.

Sadly, during an annual check up, a "spot" was found in one of my cousin's lungs, unknown origin, and 99% that she'll have to be operated upon next week, thus cancelling her cruise (Sept. 2nd).

In this worst scenario, how do I cancel her reservation, while keeping ours?

I've tried to find a "modify" option in my cruise planer, no luck...

Thanks for any ideas, Dani

Did you book direct with Celebrity or a TA?  I would contact either one and ask them to handle this for you. If your cousin cancels their cruise all of their connected other purchases should be canceled as well.

• Thanks 1

I had to do this with our anytime dining reservation in Beyond but there was no charge for that. When I went under the reservation in cruise planner it allowed me to edit it and cancel the other couple but keep the reservation for us. Not sure if specialty restaurants work the same way. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Did you book direct with Celebrity or a TA?  I would contact either one and ask them to handle this for you. If your cousin cancels their cruise all of their connected other purchases should be canceled as well.

Thank you, I've booked with a TA.

The "Eden" reservation was the only "purchase" I've made for them.

I assume, since I've paid with my OBC for their reservation, that I'll receive back their part, should they cancel?

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, I've booked with a TA.

The "Eden" reservation was the only "purchase" I've made for them.

I assume, since I've paid with my OBC for their reservation, that I'll receive back their part, should they cancel?

Have you tried canceling the original reservation and rebooking for just the two of you?

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Have you tried canceling the original reservation and rebooking for just the two of you?

Eden has been sold out for months for our cruise week. Wouldn't dare to cancel...

That's what's worries me -- should they cancel, the whole reservation will be cancelled and we'll be out of luck. We're celebrating our golden wedding anniversary, and I didn't see my cousin for the last 3.5 years of Covid.

Of course health comes first and I feel terrible that we'll cruise without them.

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Eden has been sold out for months for our cruise week. Wouldn't dare to cancel...

That's what's worries me -- should they cancel, the whole reservation will be cancelled and we'll be out of luck. We're celebrating our golden wedding anniversary, and I didn't see my cousin for the last 3.5 years of Covid.

Of course health comes first and I feel terrible that we'll cruise without them.

Worst case is when you board you can change the reservation with the Eden manager,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless your reservation is for the 1st night I would leave it alone and when you’re on board go to Eden and change the reservation.  On our experience is that  generally they’ve have wait list once folks are on board and wanting to book..  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Unless your reservation is for the 1st night

Thanks, it is for the last night.

So, if I understood you, if I made the reservation (I'm the "primary"), even if they officially cancel, our reservation will not be cancelled???

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, it is for the last night.

So, if I understood you, if I made the reservation (I'm the "primary"), even if they officially cancel, our reservation will not be cancelled???

No what I am saying is leave the reservation as it is. When you are on the ship go to Eden and modify the reservation. 

An alternative would be to call Celebrity CaptIns Club and see if they can remove the other 2 from your dinner reservation.  

If the the other couple have to cancel it should not automatically cancel your reservation, however with Celebrity’s less than stellar website that could happen.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If the the other couple have to cancel it should not automatically cancel your reservation, however with Celebrity’s less than stellar website that could happen.

You nailed it... that's what I fear.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and advice. It is much appreciated 🌺