Drink Price Question

vacationlover16

We haven't been on Carnival since 2018 and have a cruise coming up in November. I have found menus and drink prices online but was wondering how they charge for a liquor and one mixer. For example, I found that Tito's is $9.50. So, if I ordered a Tito's and tonic, how much would the drink be? Trying to determine if Cheers is worth it or if I should just pay as I go.  I don't really drink fruity drinks any longer and of course those are more expensive so trying to see what break even would be for me with Cheers. I do drink wine too and have been able to see some of the wine is more expensive but of course would be able to carry wine on. We've not cruised with an Alchemy Bar before so that adds another layer if they are able to make drinks that don't skew sweet but aren't basic. Thanks in advance!

Just remember anyone 21 and old in your cabin must buy cheers as well. I think it is so worth it as you are drinking the higher end booze without having to pay for it. I was drinking Patron which was $19 a shot where if you got the same drink it would be $19 plus gratuities and whatever mixer. I believe Titos and tonic was about $11.50?! And you break even around 5-7 drinks depending on what you are drinking. I calculated that my bill would have been over $1200 if I paid per drink (granted I wouldn't have drank that much without cheers) instead I paid $282 as a solo cruiser.

Alchemy bar is great! I told them to make me something with patron that wasn't a marg or had sour mix, the lady nailed some kind of blackberry drink! So thats fun and worth the price alone. It was a $15 drink that I didn't have to worry about.

Also, tip the bartender cash ($1-$2 each drink) and if you want something on the rocks they typically give a little more. And if you do buy it, buy it pre cruise as you will save a bunch of $$$. Plus it includes bottled water, soda, specialty coffee, etc so you don't have to drink lemonade and iced tea all cruise.

You only live once!

Edited by Riles34
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vacationlover16 said:

We haven't been on Carnival since 2018 and have a cruise coming up in November. I have found menus and drink prices online but was wondering how they charge for a liquor and one mixer. For example, I found that Tito's is $9.50. So, if I ordered a Tito's and tonic, how much would the drink be? Trying to determine if Cheers is worth it or if I should just pay as I go.  I don't really drink fruity drinks any longer and of course those are more expensive so trying to see what break even would be for me with Cheers. I do drink wine too and have been able to see some of the wine is more expensive but of course would be able to carry wine on. We've not cruised with an Alchemy Bar before so that adds another layer if they are able to make drinks that don't skew sweet but aren't basic. Thanks in advance!

Here is the drink calculator link:

'Drink Package Calculator' 

https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Here is the drink calculator link:

'Drink Package Calculator' 

Thank you. I had looked at a similar one prior to posting. But in looking at carnival menus, the price for liquor only is different than cocktails so I didn't find that the calculators actually answer my actual question.

23 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Just remember anyone 21 and old in your cabin must buy cheers as well. I think it is so worth it as you are drinking the higher end booze without having to pay for it. I was drinking Patron which was $19 a shot where if you got the same drink it would be $19 plus gratuities and whatever mixer. I believe Titos and tonic was about $11.50?! And you break even around 5-7 drinks depending on what you are drinking. I calculated that my bill would have been over $1200 if I paid per drink (granted I wouldn't have drank that much without cheers) instead I paid $282 as a solo cruiser.

Alchemy bar is great! I told them to make me something with patron that wasn't a marg or had sour mix, the lady nailed some kind of blackberry drink! So thats fun and worth the price alone. It was a $15 drink that I didn't have to worry about.

Also, tip the bartender cash ($1-$2 each drink) and if you want something on the rocks they typically give a little more. And if you do buy it, buy it pre cruise as you will save a bunch of $$$. Plus it includes bottled water, soda, specialty coffee, etc so you don't have to drink lemonade and iced tea all cruise.

You only live once!

Thank you! If the Tito's and tonic is on par with the price of cocktails it does make it easier to lean towards purchasing it. I wasn't sure if they simply charged for the liquor or if they charged anything additional for the one mixer like tonic or soda.

10 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Remember there is also an 18% service charge on all drinks. If you plan on having a few drinks every day then Cheers make sense when you include the non-alcoholic extras.

Thanks. Yes, I am aware. Just wanted to compare the base alcoholic drink prices. While I drink coffee, we did Disney in March and Royal last October and I didn't drink any on either ship. I am not a big soda drinker and we will get 4 liters of water (husband and I are gold and it will be our children's second cruise on Carnival) when we first board plus we can get water on lido. So, I don't normally consider the extras simply because I don't normally purchase enough of those for it to make a big difference when considering the cost.

Edited by vacationlover16
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, vacationlover16 said:

Thanks. Yes, I am aware. Just wanted to compare the base alcoholic drink prices. While I drink coffee, we did Disney in March and Royal last October and I didn't drink any on either ship. I am not a big soda drinker and we will get 4 liters of water (husband and I are gold and it will be our children's second cruise on Carnival) when we first board plus we can get water on lido. So, I don't normally consider the extras simply because I don't normally purchase enough of those for it to make a big difference when considering the cost.

Then just like us, Cheers does not seem cost-effective for you. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ray98 said:

A basic mixed drink will have no cost over the spirit price + the 18% gratuity.  For example, a rum and coke is the same price as a shot of rum.

If only they could serve you a rum and coke and not that Pepsi crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What are the whiskey prices onboard?  I've tried searching for menus that included whiskey like Jack Daniels and Coke (Pepsi)  or Bulleit and ginger to know how much those would cost.  Anyone have that info?

Edited by jkloni
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jkloni said:

What are the whiskey prices onboard?  I've tried searching for menus that included whiskey like Jack Daniels and Coke (Pepsi)  or Bulleit and ginger to know how much those would cost.  Anyone have that info?

He's a link to every menu you could possibly want on Carnival

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/menus/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jkloni said:

Here is another link  in the event you can't find what you need on the other one. 

https://profcruise.com/carnival-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 6:27 PM, Riles34 said:

You only live once!

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how many drinks per day did you have?  I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to buy the package.  I am thinking I would probably only have maybe 5-7 drinks (this includes water and maybe specialty coffee) per day.

9 minutes ago, SunshineMom68 said:

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how many drinks per day did you have?  I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to buy the package.  I am thinking I would probably only have maybe 5-7 drinks (this includes water and maybe specialty coffee) per day.

This is a good way to figure out if CHEERS is worth it for you.

• Like 1