What is the next Celebrity cut?

NMTraveller

Well y'all certainly have given Laura a fine list of ideas to implement. Keep the ideas coming so she can keep her cost cutting job.

My suggestion to Celebrity is to reduce the size of the X in their logo and add a second X with the tag line..."The Luxury Double XX Company".

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I just read that. I wish we cared. We cruise AQ. We almost never eat the canapes.  They mean well but our feel allergies don't work well with them.and I am gluten free so no CC cookies for me. Plenty of free crap to eat on the ship (for now. I remember (well) when in the afternoon you could get free sushi at the buffet. Now you have to dearly for it and people still cruise.

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

thanks for posting this..

On Ascent, we will do our best to get what we paid for short of being obnoxious!  but attendants will do their best to please!

.Hope BLU itself is still Good, and we are now happy we have 3 Specialty Dinners booked in case it isn't.

Already planning to bring a wheelie carry on cold case.. for water, cookies, flowers etc..Need to check on  beer allowance as Coors lite is not on our Classic Alc plan..that's dh brand!

Just now, hcat said:

thanks for posting this..

On Ascent, we will do our best to get what we paid for short of being obnoxious!  but attendants will do their best to please!

.Hope BLU itself is still Good, and we are now happy we have 3 Specialty Dinners booked in case it isn't.

Already planning to bring a wheelie carry on cold case.. for water, cookies, flowers etc..Need to check on  beer allowance as Coors lite is not on our Classic Alc plan..that's dh brand!

we actually like the canapes they let us custom order..shrimp,  fruit,  cheese. etc 

We bring our own  fresh crackers anyhow.  The herbal teas were vile..sat out for days..used to have them removed

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

On BEYOND we had live jazzs and a cutting edge dragon gymnatics type show..( bad at names) SRO ..Club had to add another show!,,

No live jazz at all on the Apex TA either last fall or this April.  Aside from the theatre, which DID have good shows we were very disappointed in the live entertainment or lack thereof.

I guess we do this type of thread so we can feel miserable, and then feel soooo good when we cruise because none of the ‘cuts’ even affect us.

Lots of these are really funny…..which I dont think the OP was thinking would occur. But could be wrong.

Den

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The pic is from a RCI ship

i know   but they want X to be like that.. food court, mall style shops..low end etc.  That's why we stopped going on Royal..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

No live jazz at all on the Apex TA either last fall or this April.  Aside from the theatre, which DID have good shows we were very disappointed in the live entertainment or lack thereof.

hoping that Ascent being, fairly new will have alot of the  good stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

hoping that Ascent being, fairly new will have alot of the  good stuff.

Just had to try Ascent and booked their 4N Thanksgiving pre-cruise! Hope it goes. Watching to see when Ascent goes out for its sea trials.

Den

• Like 1

HH for the Elite will be order 2 pay for 2, for all others order 2 pay for 3. Ice will cost extra.  

Eliminate the GR department and replace it with automated phone service.  Press 1 for this, 2 for that and etc. enter your birth date,  folio number, booking number,  address, passport number and etc.   keep you on hold for 2 hours or more and  then disconnect. 

If nothing else add more water to the soup and serve in smaller bowls and cups.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

In the next 5 years, I fully expect some cruise line to do a trial of making the MDR have a cover charge per person and transition to having the buffet be the complimentary dinner option. 

The overnight gambling ships from FLL to the Bahamas already do that, nothing but buffets and one pay MDR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The overnight gambling ships from FLL to the Bahamas already do that, nothing but buffets and one pay MDR.

perfect for the  no frills X

Modern Luxury at its best!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Yep, it will be a race to the bottom to see which mainstream cruise line tries it first. My guess would be MSC or Carnival will try it first.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yep, it will be a race to the bottom to see which mainstream cruise line tries it first. My guess would be MSC or Carnival will try it first.  

Carnival has actually been expanding no-charge, sit-down dining venues on their new ships, not eliminating them. And you can still get a second and third lobster tail for free on Carnival, with only a $5 charge per tail for the fourth or more.

Weird that Carnival can find a way to do this, but Celebrity can't. 🤔

Maybe the next X cut should be Laura's position. They'd save a boatload of money.  😏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Just had to try Ascent and booked their 4N Thanksgiving pre-cruise! Hope it goes. Watching to see when Ascent goes out for its sea trials.

Den

hope you will post your reactions from your Ascent cruise..

we are booked for January ...in AQ Class

Speaking of tables at MDR. 

They can also try to Ryanair approach, you can profit from manufacturing problems for people to solve by paying a fee. 

Introducing Randomized seating! A revolutionary system that allows you to mingle with fellow cruisers and make new friends. However, if you prefer to dine at the same table with the person sharing your cabin, for a small fee of $19.99* a night, you can choose your favourite seats in the Main Dining Room and sit beside your cabinmate.  

*From $19.99/night per person, premium locations and seat with extra cushions subject to a higher surcharge 

Edited by leyland1989
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, leyland1989 said:

Speaking of tables at MDR. 

They can also try to Ryanair approach, you can profit from manufacturing problems for people to solve by paying a fee. 

Introducing Randomized seating! A revolutionary system that allows you to mingle with fellow cruisers and make new friends. However, if you prefer to dine at the same table with the person sharing your cabin, for a small fee of $19.99* a night, you can choose your favorite seats in the Main Dining Room and sit beside your cabinmate.  

*From $19.99/night per person, premium locations and seat with extra cushions subject to a higher surcharge 

Have you thought about applying for a position with Celebrity writing their press releases? LOL

• Haha 2