Civitavecchia: HOTEL RECOMMENDATION AND TRANSPORT TO SHIP

USCAdventurer

We have been to Rome several times and will only be arriving the night before.

I thought seeing Civitavecchia would be something different especially since we will have only about a half day.

I would hope there would be a decent place to stay for one night and a few interesting things to do to fill our time.

Has anyone done this?

1 hour ago, sabbo55 said:

We have been to Rome several times and will only be arriving the night before.

I thought seeing Civitavecchia would be something different especially since we will have only about a half day.

I would hope there would be a decent place to stay for one night and a few interesting things to do to fill our time.

Has anyone done this?

Personally I’m not a fan of Civitavecchia. The hotels cater to one-night cruise passengers for the most part and are very average/tired…

Ive been to Rome many times but would always opt for it rather than Civi. Better hotels and food options; as well there is always something new I can see…

We stayed at the Rome Marriott Park Hotel by the airport after a cruise.  We were picked up at the Port by RIL and toured the city and then were dropped off at the hotel.  Definitely recommend.  

Obviously you can do the other way around and be transported to the Port from the Airport Marriott. 

...and now for something completely different...

Last time we sailed out of Civitavecchia we stayed at a B & B in Tarquinia for three nights (I tre Camini).  We got the train from Fiumicino airport to Tarquinia (one change) and the owner met us at the station.  When we checked out she gave us a ride to the cruise port.  Tarquinia is a lovely, medieval hilltop town.  We enjoyed our stay.

48 minutes ago, Fairgarth said:

...and now for something completely different...

Last time we sailed out of Civitavecchia we stayed at a B & B in Tarquinia for three nights (I tre Camini).  We got the train from Fiumicino airport to Tarquinia (one change) and the owner met us at the station.  When we checked out she gave us a ride to the cruise port.  Tarquinia is a lovely, medieval hilltop town.  We enjoyed our stay.

Now THAT sounds interesting!