Help me understand a few things please!

dtenel

We are going on the Celebrity Solstice next month for an Alaskan cruise.  I have a few questions...I have looked at the website, but it seems a bit confusing!  

1.  We have the classic drink package.  Does that include regular bottled water?  Diet Coke?  Can we drink at any bar on board as long as the drinks are $10 or under?  Are cappuccino and lattes at the Cafe' al Bacio included...again if $10 or under?  

2.  Is the Gelateria included?

3.  I see that some state there is a 20% gratuity that will be added to each drink.  If we have prepaid gratuities and the classic drinks package, do we still get charged that with each drink?

4.  We are in the concierge class stateroom.  What is extra with that? 

5.  In my guest ticket booklet it is confusing as in one area under "things to know" it states each guest over 21 can bring on board at embarkation 1 bottles of wine and then under "Before you Board" it states that each guest over 21 can bring on 2 bottles of wine on embarkation day.  As we have the classic drink package we will not have to pay a corkage fee.  But...which one is it?  1 bottle or 2?

Do we ever get a very detailed list of everything that is included in regards to food and drink? It seems that the website is not very clear!

Thanks to anyone who can help clear these questions up for me!

IMG_3746.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dtenel said:

See in Red below

We are going on the Celebrity Solstice next month for an Alaskan cruise.  I have a few questions...I have looked at the website, but it seems a bit confusing!  

1.  We have the classic drink package.  Does that include regular bottled water?  Diet Coke?  Can we drink at any bar on board as long as the drinks are $10 or under?  Are cappuccino and lattes at the Cafe' al Bacio included...again if $10 or under?  

Regular water previously in metal cans now I understand back to plastic.   Sparkling Water No

Diet Coke Yes.      Cappuccino and Lattes included

Ice Cream is free but Gelato is not

3.  I see that some state there is a 20% gratuity that will be added to each drink.  If we have prepaid gratuities and the classic drinks package, do we still get charged that with each drink?

No -  only for anything not covered or above your limit.  You are charged the difference and tip on that amount only

Free lunch on embarkation day that's about it.

5.  In my guest ticket booklet it is confusing as in one area under "things to know" it states each guest over 21 can bring on board at embarkation 1 bottles of wine and then under "Before you Board" it states that each guest over 21 can bring on 2 bottles of wine on embarkation day.  As we have the classic drink package we will not have to pay a corkage fee.  But...which one is it?  1 bottle or 2?

Celebrity at it's bet -   Officially it has been 1 bottle per adult but if you bring more I would have that page out to point it out.

Do we ever get a very detailed list of everything that is included in regards to food and drink? It seems that the website is not very clear!

No - but basically OVC, Pool Grill (hamburgers and hotdogs),  Spa CAfe, Pastries at al Bacio are included. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

1. I believe yes to all you asked about the classic drinks package

2. gelateria is not free but one scoop is free per cruise per person if you are a captains club member

3. You only pay the 20% gratuity on a drink outside of your package, otherwise the gratuity has already been paid as part of your package. If you pay for a $15 drink separate, you’ll be charged $5 plus 20% gratuity. 

4. concierge has the embarkation day lunch, priority tenders and debark I believe. Use to have the afternoon canapés I think but they stopped doing those. 5 points per night for loyalty instead of 3 and I guess concierge can help with things. I believe that’s everything? Better room locations as well but you know that by your room location. 

Thank you for the help!  I see online it states that you get daily delectable delights...what are these? Are they delivered to your stateroom?

I also see that you can get sparkling wine upon request.  Is this once or can we get a bottle delivered every day?  I am assuming it is free?

IMG_3749.jpeg

well, you wont get a free bottle of wine every day. That is normally embarkation and now, often has to be asked for.  if you get a key holder, I would be surprised. They didnt have them in January nor April/may cruise when we were in Aqua. Take a copy of what you have with you and ask.  

Have a great holiday.  

• The daily delectables are some small oh'derves or how ever you spell it. Hardly worth it. It is easer and better to just bring a plate back from the OVC.

The gelato is not that good, especially if you have to pay for it.  The currently free ice cream in the OVC is very good and they offer more flavors.  We are ice cream fanatics and much prefer the ice cream on board.

2 hours ago, dtenel said:

IMG_3746.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpeg

Whoa Nelly😵‍💫!  We just checked our guest ticket booklet for our Summit 9/7 11 day cruise out of Boston and it indicated we could bring one bottle of wine per guest.  Last October on the Eclipse we were allowed two bottles of wine per guest!  Good luck.

Edited by fenton04

On closer inspection we did find under things to and not to bring under personal alcohol that each passenger could bring TWO bottles of wine.  Holy smoke😵‍💫!  Is three bottles of wine on embarkation day on the horizon?

4 hours ago, fenton04 said:

Whoa Nelly😵‍💫!  We just checked our guest ticket booklet for our Summit 9/7 11 day cruise out of Boston and it indicated we could bring one bottle of wine per guest.  Last October on the Eclipse we were allowed two bottles of wine per guest!  Good luck.

It was two per person (of legal drinking age) then it switched back to one again, the website has not managed to be consistent at any point in this process...

7 hours ago, dtenel said:

Jim already covered almost all of this, the only part that needs to be clear is that the non-alcoholic drinks in general are either included or fully excluded from your package, unlike alcohol where you can pay the difference for something that is above your $10 limit.

So as Jim pointed out, sparking water is not included in your package even though it is below the $10 limit.

3 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It was two per person (of legal drinking age) then it switched back to one again, the website has not managed to be consistent at any point in this process...

Like the original poster indicated our upcoming cruise on 9/7 has one bottle prer person on one page and two bottles on another page on the cruise ticket.  We actually take the cruise ticket with us on every cruise.  It appears to us that in this case somebody at Celebrity did not proof read the ticket.

3 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Jim already covered almost all of this, the only part that needs to be clear is that the non-alcoholic drinks in general are either included or fully excluded from your package, unlike alcohol where you can pay the difference for something that is above your $10 limit.

So as Jim pointed out, sparking water is not included in your package even though it is below the $10 limit.

Really the only non alcoholic drinks we drink are regular (still) bottled water, regular coffee, cappuccino and latte's and Diet Coke.  As long as they are all included in our classic drink package we are all set!  

Just now, fenton04 said:

Like the original poster indicated our upcoming cruise on 9/7 has one bottle prer person on one page and two bottles on another page on the cruise ticket.  We actually take the cruise ticket with us on every cruise.  It appears to us that in this case somebody at Celebrity did not proof read the ticket.

I have mine printed out as well...and highlighted where it states 2 bottles per person...and I am going to try to bring on 2 bottles each and show them where it states it in their booklet!  Can't hurt to try! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtenel said:

I have mine printed out as well...and highlighted where it states 2 bottles per person...and I am going to try to bring on 2 bottles each and show them where it states it in their booklet!  Can't hurt to try! 

And if they do not let you, you will have a bottle confiscated and maybe get back at end of cruise to carry back home.  

10 hours ago, dtenel said:

Thank you for the help!  I see online it states that you get daily delectable delights...what are these? Are they delivered to your stateroom?

I also see that you can get sparkling wine upon request.  Is this once or can we get a bottle delivered every day?  I am assuming it is free?

IMG_3749.jpeg

One bottle of wine per cruise. Canapés (we ask for a cheese plate )

42 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

And if they do not let you, you will have a bottle confiscated and maybe get back at end of cruise to carry back home.  

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.  Just sayin…

7 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.  Just sayin…

That's what I am thinking!!!  It is worth it to try!  I will keep everyone posted next month with how it goes! 

• Like 1

wow. Celebrity gets the trophy for being able to contradict itself and cause confusion 

We were on the Equinox in January in Aqua and Summit April/May in Aqua.  No canapés.  We asked.    Nope.  Only Retreat.   

What we experienced:    No canapes, no fruit in cabin on embarkation, no key card holder, no herbal tea in room for Aqua.  And  the multi pack of totes of different sizes was replaced with 1 tote.     We had to ask for the wine

2 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

wow. Celebrity gets the trophy for being able to contradict itself and cause confusion 

We were on the Equinox in January in Aqua and Summit April/May in Aqua.  No canapés.  We asked.    Nope.  Only Retreat.   

The canapés dissapeared from Aqua at the start of this year, they remain a feature for Concierge cabins though. 

... but based on recent reports, asking for something like a cheese plate instead has received some push-back, canapés or nothing now it seems...

Edited by Mark_T

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

The canapés dissapeared from Aqua at the start of this year, they remain a feature for Concierge cabins though. 

no consistency.   We were told only Retreat had canapés.   We used to like having a cheese plate to avoid my allergy.    Weird as concierge not as pricey as Aqua.   

Just now, 1Virgo said:

no consistency.   We were told only Retreat had canapés.   We used to like having a cheese plate to avoid my allergy.    Weird as concierge not as pricey as Aqua.   

Not really, Aqua kept the expanded breakfast menu and everything else, Concierge lost the expanded breakfast menu but kept the 'delectable delights'.

21 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Not really, Aqua kept the expanded breakfast menu and everything else, Concierge lost the expanded breakfast menu but kept the 'delectable delights'.

I you mean room service, we didnt have expanded breakfast menus  in Aqua on 2 sailings this year.   In January the first sailing out of each ship had the new menus.  Continental no charges but if you ordered anything from the premium side, $9.95 + gratuity.