New Menus for Luminae

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Can you still order off the MDR menu on S Class ships? Can you still get a filet migon every night ? I have always found Luminae menu very limited. 

Yes, you can.  We are in a RS next week on Equinox.  I asked executive office if we have to pay for the entrees that are now charged in MDR and was told yes.  Don’t have first hand knowledge yet.

15 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

Yes, you can.  We are in a RS next week on Equinox.  I asked executive office if we have to pay for the entrees that are now charged in MDR and was told yes.  Don’t have first hand knowledge yet.

In RS specialty restaurants are free I can’t imagine going to mdr .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

In RS specialty restaurants are free I can’t imagine going to mdr .

We don’t go to MDR, but sometimes in Luminae I order from MDR as I am gluten free and don’t like spicy food and their selection is better for me.  Now even Luminae is mostly unappealing to us and most our lunches and dinners will be in specialty restaurants.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

We don’t go to MDR, but sometimes in Luminae I order from MDR as I am gluten free and don’t like spicy food and their selection is better for me.  Now even Luminae is mostly unappealing to us and most our lunches and dinners will be in specialty restaurants.  

I agree food in Luminae has definitely changed for the worse over last few years, service is still really good , quality of specialty restaurants also are not as good as in past , I ordered chicken parmigiana in Tuscan and it was terrible in March , but Le Petit Chef was really good on both visits on summit .

27 minutes ago, George C said:

I agree food in Luminae has definitely changed for the worse over last few years, service is still really good , quality of specialty restaurants also are not as good as in past , I ordered chicken parmigiana in Tuscan and it was terrible in March , but Le Petit Chef was really good on both visits on summit .

Hopefully Luminae will bounce back.  I'm looking forward to it in a few months on the Silhouette.

I thought Tuscan was an Italian restaurant.  Chicken Parm is an Italian-American thing like spaghetti and meatballs.  Is Tuscan Italian-American food?  

37 minutes ago, Winemaker_1 said:

I thought Tuscan was an Italian restaurant.  Chicken Parm is an Italian-American thing like spaghetti and meatballs.  Is Tuscan Italian-American food?  

Celebrity's description...

image.thumb.png.04c92227848698b29f7da1309b6c063c.png

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Winemaker_1 said:

Hopefully Luminae will bounce back.  I'm looking forward to it in a few months on the Silhouette.

The advantage of eating in Tuscan on silhouette is you have a fantastic view , M class has no view , you are definitely safer getting a steak . 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Winemaker_1 said:

My experience is that food is one is of the more personally subjective things, particularly it seems on a cruise. Our experience has been that we always find something that we enjoy with some dish's multiple times over the course of longer cruises. The rare times we haven't particularly cared for a dish and our waiters are always ready and able to bring us something else and bring it to the maître d's attention. So, so far, Luminae has very much overall been a winner with us. And, when we're not on E-class the ability to order off Blur of MDR has been a plus. Hopefully, that will not change and guess we'll find out on Connie in Dec.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 6:15 PM, JDPCruisers said:

My experience is that food is one is of the more personally subjective things, particularly it seems on a cruise. Our experience has been that we always find something that we enjoy with some dish's multiple times over the course of longer cruises.

Concur - we are on the apex at the moment - we have found the food in luminae to be great and service really good. With all of the doom and gloom prior I was a little concerned - there was no need 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 12:19 AM, chrisn-au said:

Concur - we are on the apex at the moment - we have found the food in luminae to be great and service really good. With all of the doom and gloom prior I was a little concerned - there was no need 

Can you take a picture of the menu?  I’m considering booking, but have dairy allergy and don’t eat gluten.

3 hours ago, krueg2828 said:

Can you take a picture of the menu?  I’m considering booking, but have dairy allergy and don’t eat gluten.

The last post was in September.  You can google Luminae menus, though.

They're very good about working with food issues.

10 hours ago, abbydancer said:

They're very good about working with food issues.

I can confirm that Celebrity has been excellent in ensuring I am not served foods to which I am allergic.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:36 AM, terrydtx said:

I had the new duck last night and what improvement it was very good but on the spicy side. The corn soup with prawns was also good.

I just wished you could ask to put the corn soup in the microwave and heat it up.  

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 3:02 PM, Gracie115 said:

I kind of skipped through all the pages here but only saw one actual dinner menu from Luminae.  Does anyone actually know where we might see the menus?  We were very disappointed in them on our Apex TA last fall and this spring.  

Look in the app for a current cruise on your ship.  

• Like 1