MDR Menu Items you like to see return

1620rock

There has been a lot of discussion of the reduced menu options.  Starting a thread to post what are some favorites from the MDR menu you would like to see return. One of my favorites I order every cruise when available is the jerk chicken with black bean and pineapple rice but I don't see it on the current Equinox menu or my October Equinox cruise

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

There has been a lot of discussion of the reduced menu options.  Starting a thread to post what are some favorites from the MDR menu you would like to see return. One of my favorites I order every cruise when available is the jerk chicken with black bean and pineapple rice but I don't see it on the current Equinox menu or my October Equinox cruise

That is a great dish. Not to rub your nose in it, but I had it on Summit last month. Hopefully this means that it is still part of the rotation?

Years ago they had a ‘no sugar added’ cheesecake that was the best cheesecake I have had on any ship.  It was a small square, maybe 3”, perhaps 5/8” thick.  Just right for a diabetic…. But it had disappeared by 2013.  EM

1 hour ago, nikel said:

Rack of Lamb

Decent Prime Rib

Kids Filet Mignon

Sea Bass

Sushi in buffet

Cheesecake

Chocolate Cake

That was my diet for the whole cruise, don't know what I'll eat now !!

Definitely this.

Plus dump the mashed potatoes and tilapia.

• Like 2

Chocolate cake and cheesecake available every evening

Decent fish selections prepared with tasty sauces, not the boring salmon every night and the tilapia.

Filet mignon 

Interesting appetizers - crab cakes, the puff pastry with seafood, the delicious goat cheese ap., Anything besides the salads and soups that comprise 90% of the choices.

Beef Wellington.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nikel said:

Rack of Lamb

Decent Prime Rib

Kids Filet Mignon

Sea Bass

Sushi in buffet

Cheesecake

Chocolate Cake

That was my diet for the whole cruise, don't know what I'll eat now !!

My daughter hasn't forgiven me for not telling her about late afternoon sushi on the Summit till Day 4 of the cruise. I said she should've read the Summit Dailies which I reminded my teens to do every evening. She was 16 then, old enough to be independent. Yeah, that was 2016. She's still carrying a grudge. 🤷‍♀️ 🤣 Son will be sad to hear his nightly cheesecake is no longer available at the MDR. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Filet mignon on the kid's menu nightly - that was my backup -  guaranteed I had a very good choice avaliable each night.

I miss that option too!!!! 
I miss better cuts of beef in general- Tournardos  of beef, Beef Wellington. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

I will be gutted if there is no rack of lamb, no prime rib, no beef wellington and no cheesecake on my next cruise! (PS from what I'm reading I'm preparing to be gutted 😉)

There was prime rib the first night, but I didn't order it. (see below)  I agree about the lamb and wellington.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv4cruises said:

I miss that option too!!!! 
I miss better cuts of beef in general- Tournardos  of beef, Beef Wellington. 

On Summit recently they served the "Celebrity Signature" Tournedos and they were very good. However, they also did Steak Diane one night and they used a very poor cut of beef from what they've done in the past.

21 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Filet mignon on the kid's menu nightly - that was my backup -  guaranteed I had a very good choice avaliable each night.

Same here. I really missed it on our last cruise. There are only so many nights I can eat salmon!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 4:34 PM, 1620rock said:

I had this on Edge a few weeks ago.